Start by marking “100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories” as Want to Read:

* Misapprehensions • shortstory by Don D'Ammassa
* The Law • shortstory by Hugh B. Cave
* Year's Turning • shortstory by Conni
Published January 1st 1995 by Barnes & Noble

To ask other readers questions about 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories

Alissa
Jul 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
A collection of tasty little bite-sized stories about vampires and vampire lore (none more than 5 pages long).

Of course some of the stories feature your stereotypical cape-wearing, bat-transforming, "I vant to suck your blood" sort of vampire. *Yawn* (so overdone).

Others are not so typical: A rose bush that has what can only be described as a fatal attraction to the old man who cares for her... A high school student who drains the essense from books instead of her fellow classmates... A scarec
Kathryn
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Thank freaking goodness this book is finished! I was going to review every individual story, but that would just be a pain in the butt, and I would have taken even longer to read it that I already did.

It didn't take me so long to read this book because it was particularly difficult or anything. On the contrary, these stories were rather simple to read and to understand. It took me so long because the vast majority of the stories in this compilation were rather... terrible... or uninteresting.

Som
Kelly
Jul 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is just a little impulse buy I picked up many years ago at B&N but it has turned out to be one of my favorite books/compilations. I love me some vampire lore. And even though all the stories are not the most excellent writings ever, the compilation makes it fascinating. It's an opportunity to get all these different interpretations of blood suckers, from traditional to far out, all in one place.
Julie H.
Jun 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Fun little collection when you're looking for something light.
dejah_thoris
May 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I almost hate to confess that re-reading this anthology from my high-school days has me wanting to keep it instead of donate it but there's quite a range of stories depicted. Written before the sparkly vampire silliness of Twilight, this is a solid collection of vampire stories reflecting various concerns of the 1990s, especially AIDS and the rise of technology. Two stories librarians will love are "And By a Word, Immortal" by Kreighbaum and "Paying the Fine" by Morgan though the library monitor ...more
Tatjana
Oct 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who despise Twilight and its clones.
Recommended to Tatjana by: Stumbled upon.
I am savouring this book.
The short stories, for the most part, are delicious. They are especially scrumptious in this period of literature when a vampire is injected into any plot to make a book sell. Released 15 years ago, this book has stories from largely unknown authors. The stories range from clever to hysterically funny, but never range into sparkly, romantic or ho-hum vampires.
It was coming off of the successes on Anne Rice rather than the thinly veiled harlequin romances (with guns) pep
Steve Goble
Oct 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
I have not actually finished this, but I have read enough to make a few notes. This book contains a hundred short vampire stories, and I read a few every Halloween season. Like any anthology, it is a mixed bag. Some tales are intended to frighten, a few make you laugh and there are too many Dracula riffs, but it is fun stuff and the stories are short, requiring no great time investment.

Includes tales by Manly Wade Wellman, Karl Edward Wagner, Ramsey Campbell, Norman Partridge and more.
Andrea
Oct 30, 2010 rated it liked it
This book is perfect for campouts or sleepovers where your telling scary stories. None of the stories are long but most of then were fantastic. It didn't get a higher rating because I simlpy don't have high opions of short stories, I like my plots to be long and interesting. Pick it up and let your kids use it next time they have friends over as I loved nothing better than sitting by the light of candles with my friends trying to scare each other with stories such as these.
Pyxipyro
Sep 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked it. Some of the stories were intersting, funny and cute. Nothing that will scare you enough to keep you up all night, but enough to keep you interested. Since there are a lot of short stories you can pick it up and stop anytime without feeling compelled to read it through, even though you may want to anyway.
Nora Peevy
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of short stories is one you can really sink your fangs into -- pun intended. It's meaty! There are 100 shorts to choose from and some creative spins on the vampire theme. Recommended for serious vampire readers and not-so-serious as well.

Check back later for a link to a detailed review on my blog.
Lamprini
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
100 i wouldn't say vicious vampire stories, but extremely entertaining.I totally loved it.
Molina
Sep 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Good short stories about vampires. I picked this out of my bookshelf the other day. I am not too sure who it belongs to but I can tell you that I will not be reading it in the dark anymore!
Toy
Nov 12, 2007 rated it liked it
this is going to be my bedtime story book. so far the first short story was really good (11/12)
LEYYY
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brett
Anthology,Horror
Shaquanna
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite was the tale about the Priest
Liz Ludens
it was good. it's a bunch of short stories most are 'take it or leave it' for me, but soem were actually pretty good.
Mark
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mostly good short stories with a few clunkers and the classic "The Devil Is not Mocked." Some great surprises await the reader
Lindsey Faye
I like reading short stories, so this collection of them about vampires was a very interesting read. Some stories were really confusing while I liked some of the others. A very nice read.
Corey
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a long time ago i saw this on the bookshelf at barnes and noble and on a whim picked it up. there were so many stories for weird wanna be goth me to flip through and some were fantastic while others fell flat. most of the time people would see it on my shelf and roll their eyes because OF COURSE i'd have this book. if you like vampires this is the book for you. if you don't like vampires this is also the book for you. there are a 100 different kinds of blood suckers in this book and i delighted ...more
Alanna
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is a vampire story for every fan. It's a great little collection.
Bonnie Goodwin

• Vampyres: Lord Byron to Count Dracula
  • The Book of All Flesh
  • The End of the Line
  • The Vampire Archives
  • Blood and Other Cravings: Original Stories of Vampires and Vampirism by Today's Greatest Writers of Dark Fiction
  • The Penguin Book of Vampire Stories
  • Dracula's Brood: Neglected Vampire Classics
  • Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices
  • Three Gothic Novels: The Castle of Otranto, Vathek, The Vampyre, and a Fragment of a Novel
  • Bloodwood (Chronicles of Max Mayhem, #1)
  • Ghosts: A Treasury of Chilling Tales Old & New
Also published as Harrison Denmark.
Robert Weinberg (also credited as Bob Weinberg) was an American author. His work spans several genres including non-fiction, science fiction, horror, and comic books.

Weinberg sold his first story in 1967. Most of his writing career was conducted part-time while also owning a bookstore; he became a full time writer after 1997.

Weinberg was also an editor, and edite

100 Stories (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • 100 Astounding Little Alien Stories