Start by marking “Shotgun Groom (Nebraska Historicals, #6)” as Want to Read:
Shotgun Groom (Nebraska Historicals, #6)

Shotgun Groom (Nebraska Historicals)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  496 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
April Edwards, a young widow, is content to manage a farm with her fourteen-year-old brother and a one-year-old daughter. Nothing, after all, could be worse than being married to her deceased husband. Nothing, that is, until her unscrupulous brother-in-law decides to marry her. With no other recourse, April and her brother concoct a plan--one that involves the unsuspecting ...more
ebook
Published November 12th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Shotgun Groom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shotgun Groom

†Ðawn†  has reading burn-out.
++Spoilers+

This is the first book by this author I was disappointed in.

The whole premise of the shotgun wedding was just not done well. It was completely unrealistic not only in the believability of the characters actions but the entire logic.

1. I doubt a judge would marry people against their will even if said judge was family. I believe it would be against the law. Since the judge is known as an "honorable" man in the previous book in this series, why would he do this? It is corruption!

2. Joel
Gina (bibliobuff)
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
This one started off promising, but then disintegrated with the shotgun plot. First of all, I can't believe April went along with the plot. Even harder to believe was that Joel's brothers went along with it. Then Joel revealed his true colors, turning into a whiny brat of a man — not sexy at all. A least it was short.
Tonileg
Historical Western romance with a widow finding a husband quickly when her family is threatened with the small town doctor's assistant.
Mrs. April Edwards has to think about her little brother and her one year old daughter when she is forced to get married to avoid a nasty marriage to her dead husband's younger brother. So anyone will do and then the doctor's assistant, Joel Larson shows up to help with her sick daughter and they 'kidnap' him. Although the Larson family help with the set up, but
 Gigi Ann
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I have been reading this series in the order it was written, even though each book can stand alone. Well, as I read them they are becoming very predictable. This one was even to far- fetched for my way of thinking. All the stories kind of follow the same premise, find a mate in an unusual way, get married, fall in love, and live happily ever after. Which is all right, because I do love a good Cinderella story. However, I need to take a break from reading anymore of her books for a while.
Amanda Richardson
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for this twist on a forced marriage. April is a widow with a young daughter and younger brother to take care of. Her deceased husband was a brute, not terrible but not great, and left her a little gun shy of men. Her brother-in-law shows up at her home, threatens her and expects to take his brother's place in April's bed and home soon.
April's daughter is sick and the doctor's assistant, Joel, stops by to check on the little girl. To Joel's surprise, he is threatened at gun point with m
Victoria
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Judy
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ruth does it again! Another exciting book in her Nebraska series. This time it is pesky baby brother Joel's turn. In A Bride for Tom we meet Joel. He is always picking on Tom and avoiding chores whenever he can. And full of mischief as well. This time the tables are turned though. Joel has been working with the local doctor so he can one day be one as well. Farm work was never his forte. A routine visit to do a follow up on young Nora Edwards changes Joel's life, and he did not consider it a goo ...more
Karen
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book feels like two frightened, wounded young people being enveloped in a blanket of Larson safety & love

Not an auspicious beginning married at gun point. Joel may have protested long & loudly but he didn't escape when opportunity knocked.

Joel got the family he'd wanted & April got a man who not only cherished her, he helped heal emotional scares for both siblings as well as a huge nurturing extended family.

I enjoyed the Larson brothers banter, Joel leading dicovery of fun &
melanie charsley
Forced in to marriage

I didn't enjoy this as much as the previous books seemed a little silly. I liked the characters as always.
Christina
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet story. A little drama, but overall very sweet.
  • Montana Bride
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • His Christmas Pleasure (Scandals and Seductions, #4)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Broken Angel (Unconventional, #2)
  • Stranger's Bride (Kansas Brides, #1)
  • The Bride Sale
  • To Love a Stranger (Wyoming #4)
  • The Rancher's Secret Wife (Cooper Creek, #3)
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • Masquerade Secrets (Scandals and Secrets, #2)
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Captain Corcoran's Hoyden Bride
  • The Spinster & The Beast
  • Her Secondhand Groom (The Grooms, #3)
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • A Brooding Beauty (Wedded Women Quartet, #1)
  • Nothing To Commend Her
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Nebraska Historicals (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Wagon Trail Bride (Nebraska Historicals)
  • Her Heart's Desire (Nebraska Historicals, #1)
  • A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2)
  • A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals, #3)
  • Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4)
  • The Wrong Husband (Nebraska Historicals, #5)
  • To Have and to Hold (Nebraska Historicals, #7)
  • His Redeeming Bride (Nebraska Historicals, #8)
  • Forever Yours (Nebraska Historicals)
  • Isaac's Decision (Nebraska Historicals, #9)