Start by marking “The Brain and Emotional Intelligence: New Insights” as Want to Read:
The Brain and Emotional Intelligence: New Insights

The Brain and Emotional Intelligence: New Insights

Over the last decade and a half there has been a steady stream of new insights that further illuminate the dynamics of emotional intelligence. In this eBook, Daniel Goleman explains what we now know about the brain basis of emotional intelligence, in clear and simple terms.

This eBook will deepen your understanding of emotional intelligence and enhance your ability for its
Published 2011 by More Than Sound

To ask other readers questions about The Brain and Emotional Intelligence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brain and Emotional Intelligence

Harrison
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Daniel Goleman introduced the concept of emotional intelligence to psychology. This book presents some new insights into the relevant neuroscience discovered during the last several years. So while I looked forward to reading it, I wasn't expecting it to be only 78 pages. The chapters are very short and to the point, but a more comprehensive treatment would be welcome.

Goleman summarizes his emotional intelligence framework (self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relation managem
Rubina
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
A short but very fascinating read. Goldman covers the how emotional intelligence and the brain are linked; the different sections of the brain that are affected by stress, afflictive emotions, and how practicing mindfulness and relaxation techniques can help.
Andy Cyca
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El libro es una interesante introducción a la investigación de Goleman, sobre la forma en que pensamos y actuamos, sin recurrir a tecnicismos complicados. Si bien puede abrir los ojos a muchos mitos modernos sobre el pensamiento, es desgraciadamente muy corto y no ahonda mucho en los temas cubiertos.

En general es una gran lectura introductoria al concepto de IE pero carece del peso que quizá algunos buscan para aplicar por completo este paradigma
Adina Dragu
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a short and easy to read and understand introduction on the existing relations between various brain structures and our emotional manifestation. The part about the brain is presented rather briefly, the discourse going rather into the concrete of our daily behavior, which makes the book enjoyable and useful for a larger group of readers. I would have appreciated a larger development of the elements regarding brain research and science.
J
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
While part of the title claims 'new insights,' The Brain and Emotional Intelligence just summarizes what Goleman has already put out in some of his other books. It is a quick thumbnail synopsis and therein lies its value.
Debbie
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Do all educators love reading about brain research? Emotional, social, cognitive learning - you name it, our little ole brains actually have the ability to learn and grow in just the ways we need. Take that cell and think it, think it, think it--like watering a plant. Encouraging news :)
Charles
May 24, 2012 rated it liked it
A quick read. Useful information, not too technical. The pictures of the brain didn't do much for me. I am inspired to learn more about some of the topics covered.
Sharon
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
A good recap about the importance of emotional intelligence in mitigating work and life stress.
Bibiana Antivar Puentes
No es el típico libro de autoayuda. Si no más bien nos permite ampliar el conocimiento, de como el funcionamiento de nuestro cerebro, determina de cierta manera nuestro comportamiento. Hay ensayos e investigaciones que utiliza el autor, para explicar cómo es posible educar nuestras emociones. Ya que al fin y al cabo, siempre hemos aprendido a desarrollar nuestro coeficiente intelectual. Pero casi que nos hemos olvidado de desarrollar nuestra inteligencia emocional.
HastyWords HastyWords
I loved this book for several reasons.

It is well organized, is a fast read, and is very easy to understand. I am not an expert in the field but I am very interested in learning how and why we have the emotions we do. This book explains the basics without a ton of scientific jargon. When you are done reading a chapter you understand the bottom line and can apply it to your personal life.

I am very glad I read this book and have bookmarked several pages to revisit.

On a personal note I was diagnos
Judy
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it
A short review of brain research as it bolsters emotional intelligence insights. Might be boring for someone who is keeping up with this but just right for me. Borrowed this Kindle book (though I have a Nook) from a friend and that worked easily and well. (I read it on the Kindle app on my Ipad.) Two weeks was plenty of time to read this short book. However, I highlighted notes and now can't retrieve them from Amazon.
Jay
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Goleman describes research and conclusions on emotions and psychology. Very little self-help, but what’s there is a short how-to-change-habits discussion, covered quite well in other popular books. The benefit to this book is that it is short and concise; there aren’t a lot of digressions. Otherwise, it seemed quite familiar. If you are well read on emotional intelligence, decision making, habits, and the like, this is an unnecessary summary.
Ann Oliveri
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent insights from 30 years of research, connecting the dots from neuroscience to emotional aptitude.
Drick
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal-growth
Very short book (73 pages) outlining some of the most recent research on brain function as it relates to social and emotional intelligence
Illimar Kaasiku
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very insightful and short overview on the subject of emotional intelligence! I find it's a good introduction to Goleman's work.
Kali
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
I wish this was better, since Goleman's Vital Lies, Simple Truths was terrific. But this seems more geared for corporate coaches than for psychologists or other researchers.
Dan
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Too brief to be informative enough as an introduction. And if it's only meant to give a taste of other books on the subject of EI then it should at least be free.
Libromagno.com
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aunque durante varias décadas del siglo XX muchos estudiosos del campo de la psicología mencionaron las palabras Inteligencia Emocional, es claro que Daniel Goleman fue quien popularizó realmente el concepto con su libro "Inteligencia Emocional" en el año 1995, libro que se convirtió en una revolución en lo relacionado con la psiquis humana.

Desde ese momento y en todo lo que ha transcurrido del siglo XXI, la Inteligencia Emocional se ha transformado en un concepto que afecta ciencias sociales, n
Christian Jespersen
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This book isn't bad, but a I found it to be a hard read, and not as captivating as I was hoping for.

It felt like reading one long medical journal (I am not a doctor, and have never read a sinlge medical journal).

But besides the difficult language, the book is a treasure of knowledge. The book focuses more on the downside of low EQ, which makes a bit depressing to read, but still very important.

Combine this book with a stoic mindset, or simply just read Meditations, you have a solid platform to b
Lilia López
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Este es un libro muy cortito, pero con información muy interesante acerca de como funciona la inteligencia emocional, las áreas cerebrales implicadas y de nuevos descubrimientos acerca del funcionamiento del cerebro, como la neurogénesis, explicado de forma amena y sencilla.

This is a very short book, but with very interesting information about how emotional intelligence works, the brain areas involved and new discoveries about how the brain works, such as neurogenesis, explained in a pleasant an
Wladiana Lendengues
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Serve mais como anexo ao livro "Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ". É uma coleção de artigos sobre descobertas da neurociência relevantes aos assuntos abordados no livro. Não achei tão interessante quanto o livro inicial, mas traz muitas pesquisas e referências para quem gosta da área.
AnaMaria Rivera
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This is more an update and series of articles, (nicely written), on some of the latest research on Emotional Intelligence and its neuroscience relationship. It provides a nice neuroscience 101 reading for those who are curious, would like to learn more bit don't want to navigate through cumbersome language.
Catalina
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
De fapt am cumpărat această carte pentru universitate ca reper bibliografic, dar mi s-a părut atât de interesantă, încât a trebuit să o termin imediat. Nu sunt genul de persoană interesată în cărțile self -care, dar aceasta mi-a deschis pofta pentru ele. Doresc ca să încep cât de curând posibil "Inteligența emoțională" ca să văd ce mai are de spus Daniel Goleman despre această temă.
Lauransia Oktaviany
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I might be a big fan of Goleman and chose to put Emotional Intelligence as my master thesis.
Former of his books have a big role why he finally wrote and published this book.
More scientific, indeed.
He took Emotional Intelligence to a whole new level.
Jmp
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read. Clear definitive
Tatiana Goncear
E un Fel de articol plasat intr-o carte. Regret ca e foarte pe scurt. Nu merita nici banii, nici timpul.
Tina
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science
This is a short book with a few interesting facts in it.
Adrian Herrera
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy buen libro y fácil de entender para personas que no estamos familiarizados con el tema.
Savannah Dalgaard
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5
Anu Ojaranta
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read it in Finnish... "Aivot ja tunneäly: uusimmat oivallukset" on päivitys kirjailijan aikaisempaan kirjaan "Tunneäly" vuodelta 1995. Tässä opuksessa käsitellään hyvin selkeällä tavalla tunneälyn vaikutus luovuuteen, itsensä johtamiseen, stressiin, flow tilan luimiseen, empatiaan ja myös peilineuroneiden merkityksestä. Mindfulness otettiin esille helpottamaan reaktioita. Mielenkiintoinen pätkä oli aiheesta sosiaaliset aivot verkossa ja siitä, miten me sähköisessä viestintätilanteessa ilman visu ...more
  • Rewire Your Brain for Love: Creating Vibrant Relationships Using the Science of Mindfulness
  • Mindfulness, Acceptance, and Positive Psychology: The Seven Foundations of Well-Being
  • Psychotherapy without the Self: A Buddhist Perspective
  • Why Motivating People Doesn't Work . . . and What Does: The New Science of Leading, Energizing, and Engaging
  • Learning Leadership: The Five Fundamentals of Becoming an Exemplary Leader
  • Your Brain and Business: The Neuroscience of Great Leaders
  • La ley del espejo
  • Theory U: Leading from the Future as it Emerges
  • The Next Level: What Insiders Know about Executive Success
  • Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters
  • Islands of Genius: The Bountiful Mind of the Autistic, Acquired, and Sudden Savant
  • Making Social Science Matter: Why Social Inquiry Fails and How It Can Succeed Again
  • The Mindful Way Workbook: An 8-Week Program to Free Yourself from Depression and Emotional Distress
  • Deep Change: Discovering the Leader Within
  • Minding the Body, Mending the Mind
  • Crazy in America: The Hidden Tragedy of Our Criminalized Mentally Ill
  • Integral Life Practice: A 21st-Century Blueprint for Physical Health, Emotional Balance, Mental Clarity, and Spiritual Awakening
  • When Anger Hurts: Quieting the Storm Within
Author of Emotional Intelligence and psychologist Daniel Goleman has transformed the way the world educates children, relates to family and friends, and conducts business. The Wall Street Journal ranked him one of the 10 most influential business thinkers.

Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence was on The New York Times best sellers list for a year-and-a-half. Named one of the 25 "Most Influential Busine
“alteran la función neuroendocrina y provocan desequilibrios de los sistemas inmunitario y nervioso, de modo que somos más propensos a sufrir enfermedades y nos cuesta pensar con claridad. El ritmo circadiano se trastorna y dormimos mal.” 0 likes
“«para conseguir que hagamos lo que le interesa, la naturaleza lo convierte en un placer».” 0 likes