Start by marking “Sanctuary” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary

Sanctuary

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Published (first published August 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary

Kristi
Apr 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a free e-book from the author via Smashwords. The agreement is that I will post a review here on GR and/or on Amazon prior to the end of the month.

For those of you who didn't read yesterday's blog post about how I came to read Sanctuary (tsk, tsk), I'll briefly update you with the chronological turn of events.

I went to the library and picked up a new book (to my library) by Donna Ball.
I entered it onto my Goodreads to-read shelf.
Donna Ball invited me to join her month-long Q&A on
Andrew
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked this up as a free copy from Amazon for my Kindle through http://ereadernewstoday.com. I can't remember what possessed me to choose this, as I often pass up most of what the website offers for free. However, I did start reading this roughly a week ago and found it difficult to put down.

I expected a variety of potential predictable plot twists, and each one ended up wrong ... which I loved, and made me keep reading. The one and only complaint I had was the burgeoning romance between the m
Robert
Aug 10, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Starts off with promise but fizzles out. Laura and her daughter Christy are pretty basic and easy to follow, their new home/move is interesting and builds tension with a feeling of isolation. Around page 80, the story starts to fall apart. The new puppy Corky ends up missing, and is eventually found dead, but so much time is spent over this small puppy that the story loses steam. Sam is another basic character, small town cop, who becomes less and less likeable as the book progresses. The charac ...more
Barbara Kinloch
In the terrifying tradition of Dean Koontz...

Fleeing the violence and crime of life in the city, architect Laura Kane and her five year old daughter Christy move to an exclusive planned community deep in the untouched mountain wilderness of the Smoky Mountains. Legend has it that their home is built on holy ground. Other legends tell of hideous beasts that roam the mountainside, Yeti-like creatures so terrifying that no one has ever dared disturb their sanctuary… until now.

First there are random
Rose Cimarron
Fantastic tale - I love the subtle change of view of the "monsters" from evil aliens to...well, you'll have to read the book! I'm not going to spoil!

The was pretty much unputdownable...I read myself to sleep rather than put it down! I like Donna Ball's writing and Sanctuary did not disappoint. Some of the lead-up plots were a little unbelievable, but the action and main plot were well crafted.
C. L.
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good read.
Humans are the worst kind of animal as we do know better but often still choose ( no matter whatever fashionable excuse we use) to often behave monstrously and try "rationally" to excuse the inexcusable
Doreena
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
OMG. This book was not what I had expected. In a good way. There were surprises around every corner. I could not put it down. I carried my Kindle with me everywhere I went so I could keep reading. definately a must read, (but not in the dark)... 4 out of 5 books! Enjoy!
Doug
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was a very good book full of suspense. Imagine moving into a modern, new housing development and finding ancient monsters that kill dogs and wreck property. Great read.
John Henery
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book but felt a little cheated at the end.
Sue
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-library
This was so hokey they should make it into a Lifetime original movie.
Kim
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it

Great Read!
Angela Oliver
A solid novel - the storyline well-paced, the tension building nicely, the characters well developed and interesting. Filled with a few chills and surprises to keep me turning those digital pages.
Ashley Vail
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A page turner

Donna Ball did an amazing job with this book as it was hard to put down. It has just enough terror and suspense that it will keep you on your toes until the very end.
Patricia
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great read. I liked how everything tied in and sex did not have to make a good read.

Mitzi
Jun 13, 2012 marked it as to-read
Free Kindle book June 13, 2012.
James Halstead
Jan 21, 2016
Kathy Mawn
Aug 30, 2012
Matt Watson
Dec 14, 2014
Terrisa
Aug 11, 2012 rated it liked it
starts of good and then gets strange !
Dr. Timothy Cassity