Start by marking “The Annotated Firebird” as Want to Read:
The Annotated Firebird

The Annotated Firebird

(Firebird)

In a war she doesn’t believe in,
she must forge a bold new destiny.

Firebird: Lady Firebird Angelo departs her home world expecting death in space combat. Captured instead, she finds a startling destiny among an ancient telepathic family—and a new kind of battle against implacable enemies.

Fusion Fire: Firebird discovers both evil and uncontrollable power at the depths of her
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 7th 2011 by Marcher Lord Press (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Annotated Firebird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Annotated Firebird

Erin
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a good Christian Scifi!
Kerry
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, 9, ebooks, reread, sf
Review post reading to come.

Written pre-reading:
I read the very original editions of Firebird and Fusion Fire back in the '80s when they were originally published. I loved Firebird, but did struggle a bit with some of the nasty stuff Phoena got up to in Fusion Fire. I was always sad the story didn't seem to be finished.

Move up to the new millennium and the books were rereleased in revised trade editions with a more spiritual bent from a Christian publisher. Finally the third book, Crown of Fire
D.M. Dutcher
A collection of three Christian SF novels, with annotations by the author. Lady Firebird Angelo is a wastling-a noble doomed to a heroic suicide for being far enough out of the royal line of succession. One day while repelling a Federate retaliatory strike, she is captured and meets the enigmatic Brennan Caldwell. Brennan is heir to a promise that affects humanity even beyond his own considerable psychic powers, and soon the two of them must deal with conspiracy and love.

The books are uneven. In
MC
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Annotated Firebird by Kathy Tyers consists of the three books of the popular Christian sci-fi trilogy re-released under Tyers' new publisher, Marcher Lord Press (former publisher was Bethany House), with notes from the author.

Kathy Tyers shares in these notes some interesting facts that create a coherent story almost as interesting as the fictional space opera itself. Originally, this was a duology of secular novels that sold reasonably well-enough to aid the then-very young wife and mother
Kayley Santiago
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have re-read this version countless times. The annotations bring you into the writing process in a personal and insightful way. With regards to the first book of the trilogy - Firebird - I really connected to the main character's struggle with national identity, pride, and the gradual reconstruction of her worldview and faith. The process of re-defining your world when you've been raised in a closed society, is foreign to most first-world residents. Kathy brings out this struggle for truth in ...more
Kerry Nietz
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I’m an extreme latecomer to the Firebird universe, having only just read the trilogy this summer. I found Kathy Tyers’s Star Wars books to be some of the diamonds of that particular coalmine, though, so I was curious what her books outside the Star Wars universe would be like. Derivative? Less encompassing? Less fun?

And to be honest, there are some similarities between the two. Unique cultures. Political intrigue. Spiritual warriors that to do superhuman things. But much of the intersection is i
Jamie Words
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kathy Tyers, an author I found during high school, continues to be one of my favorite authors. Though well known for her Star Wars novels The Truce at Bakura and Balance Point, there is something very special about her original fiction - her Firebird series in particular.

Firebird follows the adventures of aristocrat Firebird Angelo, raised in the royal family for the sole purpose of laying down her life as a suicide pilot. On the day of her mission, however, enemy intervention prevents her death
Carl
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
For those who follow Christian science-fiction, Kathy Tyer's Firebird series is out again, and will be followed up with a couple new books. I've been slowly rereading the whole thing (pretty busy these days, so not done yet!!), so maybe more to come about this.

I've posted my review on my blog, so I'll link to it rather than repeat everything: http://vikingsbooksetc.wordpress.com/...

Also, I did a bit of Firebird fan art here: http://callego.deviantart.com/art/Fir...

Katia
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read Firebird several times over the years. The release of the annotated trilogy was a welcome surprise. I appreciated the insights into Kathy's work - her journey as a writer, and the comments on characterization.
C.J. Darlington
This is my second read through of this series, and I gotta say... it was a whole new and satisfying experience reading the annotated version. I loved getting to know why Kathy wrote the things she did. A truly classic sci-fi tale.
Rebekah Adams
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its great to have all this info in one place
Eric
Apr 28, 2015
Daenalia Elvandruile
Mar 15, 2015
Aislynn Faire
rated it did not like it
Mar 08, 2017
Jennifer Jungling
Apr 30, 2014
Lynne
Love this series

This is the second time I've read this series and its just as good as I remember. Great series highly recommend.
Kristin Cadiz
Nov 01, 2014
Airys
May 25, 2012
Camy
Jul 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
She is the first child of Dr. H.C. Moore, an accomplished dentist and jazz musician who had served during WWII as a test pilot, and Barbara Putnam Moore, flutist with several California orchestras.

Kathy attended Montana State University in Bozeman, where she received a degree in microbiology, married, performed widely on her flute, and then became certified as a K-12 classroom teacher. After teach

Firebird (3 books)
  • Firebird (Firebird, #1)
  • Fusion Fire (Firebird, #2)
  • Crown of Fire (Firebird, #3)