Start by marking “Los diarios secretos de Miranda (Bevelstoke, #1)” as Want to Read:
Los diarios secretos de Miranda (Bevelstoke, #1)

Los diarios secretos de Miranda (Bevelstoke #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  28,415 Ratings  ·  1,267 Reviews
A sus diez años de edad, la tímida Miranda Cheever no muestra indicios de llegar a ser una bella mujer. Escribe un diario íntimo donde va volcando todas sus ideas y sentimientos. Allí dejará apuntado un secreto muy especial: el 2 de marzo de 1810 se enamora de Nigel Bevelstoke, vizconde Turner, quien derrite su corazoncito con la promesa de que en el futuro será una dama c ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Titania (first published June 1st 2007)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

▒ 24 JULY 2015 ▒

Good Lord. Today I fell in love. And then I fell out of love. Sigh.

I ought to be shameful, I know that. What is it exactly? Have I the attention span of a squirrel (don't ask why a squirrel, I have no idea)? I wonder, I wonder.

And yet things had started so well. It appears that I can't help myself : give me a smart, brave, strong-minded heroine who doesn't shy away from her desires and a - a what exactly? A sexy broken man? Put them together and then let the magic begin : hilari
Yaz *The Reading Girl*
***FULL REVIEW***

2 March 1810 . . . Today, I fell in love.

This book was so good. First of all here are some of my emotions or whatever you want to call it.

[image error]

[image error]

Now you saw how I felt.

Now my thoughts:

5 incredibly HOT SEXY Stars!

Now when I first saw this book I was stupid enough to not realize that it was an erotic romance novel and written by one of the best erotic romance author ever. Now when you first see the cover of the book you think its like a diary of someone or l
Jilly
My favorite moment in this book is when the heroine has to be physically restrained because she opens a can of whoop-ass on a bookstore owner who refuses to sell her a book because he only sells to men. Apparently, they had bookstores for men only, and women only. WTF?

You go, girl!

Our story is about a kid who develops a crush on her bff's older brother and then carries that torch for him for years. Even though he turns into kind of an ass, she sees him through rose-colored glasses and is madly i
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more

A couple of years ago when I first joined Goodreads, one of my favorite things to do was stalk my favorite authors' bookshelves.

It probably still would be, but when I say "stalk" I mean it, so I've already added anything of interest, and to keep doing it would crossover into creepy territory.

Can't have that.

*snickers*

At the time, I still hadn't ever read a straight-up historical romance, but after my success with KMM's Highlander series, I was more open to the possibility, so when Ilon
Sans
Aug 09, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-my-cuppa
Fair warning: This is a gut-reaction review, written under the influence of my monthly "gift" from mother nature. Perhaps if I'd read this at a different time, I could have found some redeeming qualities about it. But I didn't, so I can't.

I'm slightly horrified by this book. Specifically by Turner and, to a lesser extent, by Miranda herself. I can't think of anything in the book I can qualify as "romance" and still hold my head up high.

First, Turner. An asshat of epic proportions. He's an emotio
Miriam
Aug 20, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book really fell off for me in the last third. I like Quinn's writing (despite the scattering of anachronistic expressions which sometimes threw me out of the era), I mostly liked Miranda, and I was prepared to like Turner if he got over his conviction that his previous lousy marriage entitled him to be a jerk. But I was really waiting not for him to fall in love with Miranda but to develop some respect for her and treat her as an adult, a friend, an equal. And I felt that Quinn wrote their ...more
Ginger
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
And the end of the year ends with a sweet romance, so sweet that my teeth ache! 😂

I loved parts of the book, especially the character of Miranda. And other parts of the book annoyed me. The whole, “Why don’t you love me?” plot was a bit much. The book could have been about 70 pages less and got a better rating from me.

I’ll still continue with the series though because I’m sure there will be a story about Olivia and I’m looking forward to that book!
valee
Mar 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this was such a sweet story. I loved every page of it. I couldn't put it down, which I'm sorry because it was over so fast that I feel bad for having spend money in something that lasted useful in my hands only some hours,lol. Then again, I can't think in anything better than spending my money in this amazing books,lol, I don't regret it of course. It's just that sometimes it hurts to see my money being consumed so fast. But I guess you just can't help it when you find a good book.

Julia Quin
Brittany B.
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: HR fans
Recommended to Brittany B. by: Anzu The Great Destroyer
I'm not surprised ths one the Rita award in 2008! It very much deserved it.
A Must Read!
I ADORE Miranda Cheever. She and her sweet friend Olivia are two of my favorite characters in modern writing.

The story was lovely and unexpected, filled with the unrequited love of a ten year old girl. (Miranda Cheeser) And with the pain and disenchantment with life that comes when all your hopes and dreams in life are shattered. (Turner Bevelstock) And it is about so much more, to be sure.

One of the theme
Olga
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Como siempre una apuesta segura leer a Julia Quinn.... Es de esos libros que te gusta releer con el tiempo y disfrutar como la primera vez.....

Adoro las historias de amores infantiles que con el tiempo madura y se convierte en un amor verdadero.... me gusta ver como los personajes van madurando y vas viendo como cambian sus personalidades...

Miranda es un personaje adorable ( aunque hay veces que la daria un coscorron por ser tannnnnn persistente jejeje), cree en el amor y en Turner y sabe ver l
Yolanda
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#RetoRita

Una delicia.
Es una novela de esas con una protagonista femenina con carácter, apasionada e ingeniosa. Es la historia de un amor infantil, se transforma en un amor adulto, verdadero y apasionado.
Turner, desengañado y absolutamente decepcionado del amor (con toda la razón).
Los diálogos entre ellos son chispeantes, un tira y afloja continuo, muy divertidos.
Es una de esas novelas, que sin ser una historia con grandes pretensiones, resulta una delicia. Romántica, divertida, dulce. La he dis
Rane
At the tender age of ten Miranda Cheever fell in love with the brother of her best friend; Viscount Turner, with his act of kindness to a awkward growing girl, Miranda never forgot his words that day to her and kept a journal with her thoughts of love since then. Now years later the once kind and caring Viscount Turner, Nigel Bevelstoke is left a bitter and cold hearted man after his wife ripped all his dreams of love and family to sheds with her numerous affairs before her death.
To return the
Nadia
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have no bookshelves to put this book on.

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever was my third book by Julia Quinn, and it seems that the third try is the charm. -ish.

While I wasn't deeply offended by it, as I was with The Duke and I , or so indifferent to it that I found it utterly forgettable, as is the case with To Catch an Heiress, The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever leave still a lot to be desired.

What bothered me most, besides the age difference and the fact that the heroine is
Christine
Dec 03, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is a rare one-star book that I actually finished, largely because I'm still waiting for the two books I want to read to come in the mail and I couldn't sleep last night.

I'm afraid this is everything trite and meaningless about HEA romance. I can't stand romance novels in which the crux of the tension is the hero's inability to say three words. This book exacerbates the problem because it is so perfectly obvious that the hero does love the heroine and he shows her in a million ways, which l
Floripiquita
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reto-rita
14 libro del #RetoRita. Hacía tiempo que no leía nada de Julia Quinn y me ha parecido un libro muy de su estilo, entretenido y dulce, aunque mucho más explícito en las escenas de amor que la saga de los Bridgerton. Aunque me ha gustado la pareja principal, no me han vuelto loca. Le doy un 3,5.
Juliana Philippa
I was so excited for this book as Julia Quinn is a favorite of mine; I normally love her work and I also (surprise, surprise) love to see the quiet/shy girl get the guy. Though there was witty dialog and moments that had me laughing out loud, I really have to say I was disappointed and bothered by many aspects of this book.

PRAISE:
(1) Funny moments that will make you laugh
(2) Connection between Turner and Miranda is interesting to watch in about the first half of the book
(3) I liked Olivia and Tu
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Miranda Cheever fell in love with her best friend's older brother when she was a young girl, now as a young woman...she's still just as in love. Seeing him so wracked with hatred and unhappiness after his philandering wife's death she longs for the man she remembers, the kind and funny man she fell in love with. Turner doesn't remember Miranda being so interesting or desirable, but after his bitter marriage full of disappointment and heartbreak he isn't willing to risk falling in love again, es
Maxine
Apr 04, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jaclyn
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much drama and so addicting!! Loved it!!
ᴥ Irena ᴥ

The prologue of The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever introduces us to an adorable ten-year-old girl who still has to grow into herself. That was what Viscount Turner, then 19, told her when he escorted her home. That and to start writing a journal. Their conversation on their way to her house is lovely. You'll fall in love with her character right away.
So, she listened and asked for a journal from her absent-minded scholar father and wrote: 2 March 1810 . . . Today, I fell in love. Adorabl
FlibBityFLooB
I think that this is one of those books that lots of people won't like, but I am not one of them. I love a bittersweet story of romance. The kind of melancholy tale that pulls your heart strings because it's more realistic. I read some reviews where people complained about a hero not being able to say the dreaded three words (I LOVE YOU). However, I honestly felt bad for the hero in this story. I could feel his pain, and I could feel the heroine's pain.

One reason I love Julia Quinn as an author
Barbara
So...I started off loving this book even though the "hero" (Turner) was kind of (for a lack of a better word) weak. I instantly connected with Miranda... oh how I love the ugly duckling turned beautiful swan stories...but something happened that threw the book way off track and it never came full circle for me. I have read so many books where the main man went through a great tragedy and never quite moved on until he was faced with the loss of the smartest and the most gorgeous gal in England. T ...more
Cindy
Regency romance with sex.

I really don't think Julia Quinn even wrote this. It just doesn't seem like something she'd write. There's very little humor in it & JQ is all about humor in her stories.

I didn't like Miranda. Her heart is always on her sleeve & for what? One act of kindness 10 years ago? We get the tired old "Let's get you out of those wet clothes" trope. Divested of her virginity, Miranda waits in vain for a kind word or marriage proposal.

Turner is a Jerk with a capital J.
Nani
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
#RetoRita (no sé cuantos llevo ya )

RELECTURA.

Pues bien, la primera vez que lo leí le puse 4, así sin más, sin pensarlo o meditarlo. Por lo que esta vez, ya habiendo meditado durante, mmmm, 5 minutos tras haberlo terminado, le pongo 5.

He disfrutado como una enana con los ellos (Miranda y Turner). Que personajes más geniales, bien construidos, con su temores (ésta parte más bien por parte de Turner).

Aquí nos encontramos con un amor infantil, que se transforma en amor maduro por parte de Miranda. M
Zoe
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was all rather sweet, writing definitely on the more sophisticated side in this genre. This whole "why won't you love me" thing got on my nerves. It dragged on for too long.

The characters of Turner and Miranda were inconsistent. But I did not dislike either of them so that was ok. This book reminds me of Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, where a little girl who felt insecure about her looks was re-assured by a big brother and decided at a tender age that he was THE ONE. But Miranda
Lady Wesley
This book appealed to me more in the audio version than when I read it several years ago. Jenny Sterlin did a fine job narrating.
Yankeecountess

So I have this mental list of amazing male protagonists from novels, men who get to stand proud and tall in their billowy tucked-in, unbuttoned shirts, as I bestow upon them admission to the exclusive “Best Romantic Heroes in Literature” Club.

…Nigel Bevelstoke, Viscount Turner is not one of them.

**Full-Steam Spoilers (and Rants) Ahead**

First off, I would like to point out that this is the third book by Ms. Quinn that I have read, and funnily enough, the three books I have read have been THIS
Nuria Llop
(21ª. del #RetoRita, Mejor Romance Histórico 2008)
Entretenida, con un comienzo que engancha y se sostiene hasta la mitad de la novela. A partir de ahí, se suceden varios clichés del subgénero de regencia que me han aburrido un poco, aderezados por unos diálogos que pretenden ser ingeniosos y que a mí no me lo han parecido tanto. Tal vez, si el protagonista masculino, Turner, o su hermana (que es la amiga de la protagonista femenina) no repitieran constantemente que ella, Miranda, es ingeniosa m
Avid Booker
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Want A book Where there's Not Much Going On UNTIL THE LAST 30%
At some points I REALLY liked this book and at some points I hated it or was bored. The first half will bore you to tears. The middle will have you uncomfortable and feeling bad for the heroine. The last portion will have YOU CRYING.

Honestly this book I felt bad for the heroine. She has unrequited love for her best friend's brother who had merely said some kind words to her while he was going through her awkward stage. She loved him through his failed marriage and everything. Luckily she was you
Sruthi
I was expecting much more , and hence disappointed.

#Bevelstoke2 has been so much interesting , funny and fluffy , ohh well I will never be tired of reading it .

Mirinda is in love with Turner since she was ten , and she loves him with all his heart , she is not the most beautiful woman but definitely the most lovable one . But Turner failed that quality , he is smart , cares for Mirinda , Adores being with her , he sounded more like brother till the very end . He is a jerk , believe me when I s
Help finding book. PLEASE 4 20 Feb 08, 2018 09:49PM
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 2 Jul 28, 2015 06:41PM
THE BEST HISTORICAL ROMANCE EVER 17 260 Feb 27, 2014 02:55PM
  • Secret Desires of a Gentleman (Girl Bachelors, #3)
  • Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • To Pleasure a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #2)
  • The Care and Taming of a Rogue (Adventurers’ Club, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Quintet, #3)
  • A Rake's Vow (Cynster, #2)
  • The Taming of the Duke (Essex Sisters, #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn

Bevelstoke (3 books)
  • What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2)
  • Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“She hated that she was still so desperate for a glimpse of him, but it had been this way for years.” 521 likes
“Now I want you to listen to me," he said in a low voice, taking her chin in his hand and forcing her to look at him. "And listen carefully, because I'm only going to say this once. You are going to marry me before this week is out. Since you have conveniently run off to Scotland, we don't need a special license. You're just lucky I don't haul you off to a church right this instant. Get yourself a dress and get yourself some flowers, because, sweeetheart, you're getting yourself a new name.” 37 likes