Start by marking “Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)” as Want to Read:
Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)

Read eBook

Betrayed

(The Vampire Journals #3)

In BETRAYED (Book #3 in the Vampire Journals), Caitlin Paine awakes from a deep coma to discover she has been turned. Now a true, full-bred vampire, she marvels at her new powers, including her ability to fly, and her superhuman strength. She finds that her true love, Caleb, is still by her side, waiting patiently for her to recover. She has everything she could dream of.

U
Published April 15th 2011 by Morgan Rice (first published April 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Betrayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayed

Danielle (Danniegurl)

Ok first let me address the simple editing errors that have driven me nuts in this series book after book. Getting names wrong for the characters that are being thought of or spoken to or anything is really annoying. I don't get how we can be in book 3 and still have these problems please seriously get an editor to do a thorough job.

Ok onto the story. I found the reactions of Caitlin a bit....premature? I surely would have heard Caleb out before assuming the worst.
It will be interesting to se
Tracie
Feb 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mykindle-books
I read the first book in this series because it was only $1 on GooglePlay and I like vampires so I figured why not. I did not really like the story all that much but I had to find out what was going to happen next so I read the second and then third one. Half way through this book I realized I just couldn't take it anymore. Caitlin has to be the most annoying, idiotic, childish, and selfish person/vampire that I have ever had the displeasure of reading about. I do not like that the author speaks ...more
Katie
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was an awesome third book. Loved the action and all the learning that Caitlin had to do. The ending - what a cliffhanger. Fantastic.
Brent Soderstrum
Apr 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I have really enjoyed the story so far which kind of suprises me. Caitlin Paine begins this novel as a full vampire turned by the one she loves Caleb. She acts like a teenage girl overeacting to seeing Caleb and his wife Sera together. She will accept no explaination and she forces Caleb to leave. He leaves her on Pollepel, which is an island in the middle of the Hudson river. She is to recover and train on Pollepel to be a warrior. Aiden is in charge of this island and he is really a God like f ...more
Birgit
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Being part three of the Vampire Journals by Morgan Rice this book turned out to be more like an episode than a part of a series. It's safe to say that one should start reading with the first part to fully appreciate the story. While I did get an idea of what must have happened before, I felt I missed too much about previous events when I was suddenly thrown into the middle of vampire covens fighting and humans being "turned".
Being a quick read only deepened the impression of it as more of an ex
Deborah
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Not as impressed with this...

I enjoyed books 1 and 2 but something about this one felt lacking I was still holding on to the hope that the next book would be better, it wasn't and I should just have quit but by the time I read this I'd already bought 4 to 8, for an author like Morgan Rice I'd expect this to be better with not so many mistakes.
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Apr 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
getting through pretty quick! still undecided as to if I actually like the books or not. Caitlin is annoying the hell out of me if I am to be honest., falling in love with a guy at the drop of a hat urgh! really!? another new guy..

on to book 4 should be interesting given how this one ended.
Avery
Aug 04, 2011 rated it liked it
***May contain spoilers***

Much like with the second book in this series, "Loved", I find myself conflicted about how I truly feel about it. On the one hand I found myself enjoying the (majority of) characters much more in this book than I had in the earlier books (seriously, I never thought that I would find myself sympathizing, let almost actually like Sera, Caitlin's nemesis/ Caleb's ex, but I did- nor did I ever expect to find myself liking Sam once again). However, on the other hand, I found
Scarlett
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
So I was getting hooked on the story line but the actual books are terrible!
Let me elaborate - there is a fantastic story in there - Somewhere! but to me, it feels like it's been stretched out and rushed. Events within this book and characters emotional responses are absurd! Within a paragraph one person has portrayed grief, sorrow and anger? Then Caitlin who feels like she's become an adult faces a mass of tough decisions, yet instead of thinking logically like an adult takes two seconds and 2
Angie
Sep 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Do NOT waste your time on this series! The writing is full of grammatical and typographical errors. It's maddening that neither the author nor an editor corrected these mistakes.

There are countless places in the series where the author writes herself into a corner and then uses a lame cliche -- much like the dream sequence reboot so often seen in TV programs. Repetition can be used to great effect in literature, but that's not the case with this series.

The story itself could be intriguing, but
Darlene
Aug 29, 2012 marked it as to-read
this book was well written and the main characters are awesome. i wish I had the next book in the series to read before I had finished this one. I started an finished reading this all on the same day it was so goo. Morgan Rice knows how to keep your attention . I look forward to more of her books...
Amber (The Book Bratz)
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am not going to write a long review because I am still wiping tears out of my eyes. But this book by far is the best out of the series, a lot of things happened the the reader did not see happening. The author left this book off as a cliff hanger like she did with the other two books. All in all it was good but I don't want to cry in the next book.
Amy
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
this series is a little cheesy and is full of typos, but I can't help myself from plowing through them as quickly as I can....i'm addicted. I have to see how the storyline turns out.
Jennifer Wooten
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Leaves you salivating for more.. While having the worst "Cotton Mouth" EVER!!!!!

The story is action packed as the cosmos is wide! Although, aggravatingly enough it resides in "teeny, tiny, little packagE"S!!!! That consistently leave me clamouring for more depth into the characters struggles... MANY doors that curiously open within the plot are then abruptly •SHUT•!!! Which is quite hairy at times during the read. I'm not giving a bad review, just my opinion (Which OBVIOUSLY) is yearning/demandi
Jasmine
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tammy Bandy
Great series. Typos not so great.

I love the series but with all the typos and incomplete sentences, I could only give it 3 stars. I really hope Morgan invests in a better proofreader.
Denise
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!?!?
Christy
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Good story line but poorly edited. I'm still reading the rest of the series but it's a little like reading my students' writing. By the way, I'm an elementary school teacher.
Anna Kuhl
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Still has awkward wording, still needs severe proofreading, but the story is improving gradually.
Becky Conley
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Much better than the first 2.
Rebecca  Corrow
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2018
Book 3 was great! All of these books have sucked me in! Book 2 is my favorite, then book 3.
Delena constant
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vampire three

Wild as the wind I can fly, I am turned Vampire!A book you cannot put down. Then with time I Must move with Caleb! Will I find him and where am I?
Aly
OMG THE TYPOS 😡😡😡😡😡😡
Sonia Knippshild
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, purchased
Good series. Bad editing.
Sony Sanjaya
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-world
after read with the pace, the end of this series is very ironic & tragic.
Loves To Dive
May 27, 2011 rated it liked it
In Book 3 of the Vampire Journals, Betrayed, we literally take up where we ended in Loved, Book 2. As with Loved there are a number of story lines going on at one time.

The main story is about Caitlin, who is now a full vampire. Caleb brings her to a small unknown island, Pollepel, located on the Hudson River in New York. The island is home to a group of misfit vampires who are outcasts from the more “normal” vampire covens. Here Caitlin will train to fight and learn to live with her new found v
Alyssa
Apr 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Steph
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
This is the third book in the series and it was easily the best. I read it in one day because I just couldn't seem to separate the Kindle from my hand.
This book starts a few days after the last book finished, and we discover that Caleb accepted her wishes and turned her into a full blooded vampire! And instead of going straight back out to look for the sword (that was stolen from them) he stays with Caitlin while she turns and recovers from her fatal stabbing.
Caitlin and Calebs relationship h
Kasaundra Snow
May 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
If I hadn't recently read the other two books in the series, I believe I would have had to go back and read them. The author doesn't really narrate much about the circumstances surrounding the previous books. And in between reading those and this one, I had read several other books and had to refamilarize myself with the characters in the series. I can say that the development of the characters was much better in this book than in the others. The author took great care to familiarize the readers ...more
  • Touched (The Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • Blue Blood (Pulse, #4)
  • Mystic Embrace, Embrace Series Book 3
  • Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire: S�dh� Summer Camp Series
  • Blood and Sunlight: A Maryland Vampire Story
  • Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires, #1)
  • Blood Hunt (II AM Trilogy, #2)
  • Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1)
  • Descended by Blood (Vampire Born, #1)
  • Forever and Always (Vampire Love Story, #3)
  • Darkness (The Brookehaven Vampires, #2)
  • Shelter (Blood Haze, #1)
  • Wisdom (My Blood Approves, #4)
  • Pandora's Box (Immortalis, #3)
  • Thicker Than Water (The Briar Creek Vampires #2)
  • Fading Into Magic (Fading Into Magic, #1)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Coven Vampire, #6)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER’S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the e ...more

The Vampire Journals (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)
  • Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)
  • Destined (The Vampire Journals #4)
  • Desired (The Vampire Journals #5)
  • Betrothed (The Vampire Journals #6)
  • Vowed (The Vampire Journals #7)
  • Found (The Vampire Journals #8)
  • Resurrected (The Vampire Journals #9)
  • Craved (The Vampire Journals #10)
  • Fated (The Vampire Journals #11)
“Aprovecha tu ira. Haz que funcione para ti. No trabajes para ella. No la dejes ir. Sólo contrólala. Lucha con ella.” 1 likes