Start by marking “Doing Love Right (Beach Duo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Doing Love Right (Beach Duo, #2)

Doing Love Right

(Beach Duo #2)

Trust when life knocks you to the ground and things look their worst, Fate has something better in store.

RJ Sommers has been dumped, his best friends have just tied the knot, and the final nail—his roommate’s lover just arrived from Texas to sweep him off his feet. Life just loves laughing at RJ. That is until Julian arrives.

Julian has been watching RJ, waiting for the cha
Published April 20th 2011 by Purple Sword Publications

To ask other readers questions about Doing Love Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doing Love Right

Betryal
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Truly a heartwarming story with an amazing HEA ending. You don't want to miss out on reading this one.
Ami
leigh
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-bn
Thoughtful and touching story. RJ is thirtysomething, bereft and directionless after his artist lover abruptly leaves him for a wealthy patron with the right connections. People have been leaving RJ all his life, from boyfriends to the father he never knew. Now, his mother is demented and dying.

Julian, a pediatric hospital volunteer, has been watching RJ's unhappiness from afar, waiting his moment. They've met only briefly, but Julian can't get RJ out of his head, and now that RJ is single, Jul
Julesmarie
Jun 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
Charlie Richards
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-read-again
I couldn't put this fast-paced story down. I had to keep turning pages, even while alternating between tears and grins.

RJ's life is tough, there's no mistaking that, but some of the choices he makes doesn't make it any easier. This guy has never truly learned to trust anyone. The first step in his forced evolution is waking up with a stranger, Julian. Good thing the man is kind, nurturing, and only wants to take care of RJ. But RJ doesn't know how to let Julian in, and while learning, makes some
Leaundra
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one and even though I wanted to shake RJ, I actually still enjoyed him the whole book, he was very lucky to have Julian:-) Now Julian was a gem and he was the biggest sweetheart and so patient and sweet with RJ.
Cindi
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, series, m-m
This one, I loved.

It starts off immediately (as in the very next day) after "The Charlie Factor". I finished that one yesterday so I was really happy to see this book take up immediately after.

It starts off with RJ waking up the day after Josh and Laurence's wedding and reception with Julian in his bed. Julian's stalkerish behavior kind of creeped me out early on. It kind of went beyond just interest in someone. I can honestly say that that had me thinking right off that I was not going to like
Lelyana

*2,5 stars*

It was an okay read, with one of MC was annoying AF. I dunno what Julian saw in RJ in a first place. For a guy like him, it won't be hard to find someone who adored him, not rejecting him all the time and still can't move on from his past love.
RJ was childish. I have no love for him. And I don't understand the stalking Julian did in the past for him. He's not that worth stalking for, Julian.
Maybe that stalking that made RJ big headed and very sure whatever he did, Julian won't mind?
Go
Nic
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, series, zz-amazon-yes
This series focuses on a group of friends. In this book, RJ gets his happy ending.

In the last book, The Charlie Factor, we found out that RJ had been dumped by his boyfriend Toby. He runs a successful business but is despondent as he watches his friends find their soul mates.

At the wedding of his good friends, he is 'rescued' by Julian. I wasn't 100% sure what to make of Julian at first - should I really like Julian or should I think he was a strange stalker? I am not quite sure of the relevanc
Candice
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is going to be short and sweet, but yay for seeing Charlie and Greg again :)

Here's RJ's story and it's a good one. This takes place the day after Lawrence's wedding from Charlie and Greg's book. RJ ends up in bed with a stranger. Only RJ isn't a stranger to him... yeah, RJ acquired a stalker, named Julian. It was kind of creepy and also kind of hot.

Julian is a natural care giver. He wants to take care of everyone and he's so good to RJ. He made my heart melt. Never pressuring. Always saying
Rachel Emily
I enjoyed this sequel to The Charlie Factor, although I think I did enjoy the first book more than this one (I'm a sucker for a cute dog, not so much kids haha) but I still enjoyed the writing and the storytelling in this one. I thought the "stalking" was more funny than creepy, but I'm glad it wasn't made into a huge deal. I really enjoyed it and look forward to what this author comes up with next!
Jacq
Nov 13, 2015 rated it liked it
A sweet read.
Mrsgeo
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it vey much in spite of RJ being more than a bit annoying at times.
Phaney
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
2015 Re-read:

I find it interesting that over the years my memory of this volume has been a lot fuzzier than for book one.

It’s still nice.

Julian is rather endearing, once you get past his stalker-creep tendencies. On that note, why do people in books usually find it necessary to strip a drunk person entirely naked in order to “make them comfortable” or to “make sure they’re okay”? And why does this so often include stripping down to their skin themselves and getting into bed with the passed out p
Sadonna
Sep 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, pdf
3.5 stars. This is the follow up to The Charlie Factor and is RJ's story. RJ gets really drunk at Josh and Laurence's wedding and wakes up "the day after" with the brother of a former wedding client. RJ barely remembers the reception and certainly not how he ended up in his bed with a stranger. For Julian's part, he's been wanting RJ since his sister's wedding and has waited for nearly a year and a half to make his move. This comes only a couple of months after RJ has been dumped by his boyfrien ...more
Tam
Apr 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
A sweet story about Julian who has been stalking (sort of) RJ since he organized his sister's wedding a year ago. Finally RJ's boyfriend has left and Julian rescues a very drunk RJ at his friend's wedding from ending up a slave in some guys dungeon. RJ has a million reasons why they can't be together and that he sucks at relationships and doesn't want kids, most of them stemming from a childhood with an alcoholic single mother. Her imminent death from cancer forces him to contact his father whom ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
This book was written better than the 1st book. I loved the story line of book one better, but the writing of book 2 is better. It was flowed better. ( let's count how many times I can type "better" in a review!)

This book picks up where book 1 left off. It is the morning after Josh and Laurence's wedding and RJ is woken up by Greg's dog. He got plastered at the wedding and doesn't remember a whole lot of what happened the night before. He definitely doesn't remember the strange naked guy in his
Chancey Knowles
Not a bad book, but definitely not as good as the other 2 I've read in this series (at least for me). I really loved Glitter. I liked Charlie. It was the last part of this book that saved it for me. I thought the differences about kids was handled well with POV's & reasonings explained along with the factors that caused this to change. I did feel Julian was way too overbearing in many things but thankfully not this. I would have liked to know more about RJ's dad's occupation. We know he's su ...more
Arthur
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is a sequel to The Charlie Factor. We see Charlie and Gregory, characters from the first book, although the focus is on R.J. and Julian. A very nice story about different things that two lovers want in life. Julian is a nurse who loves children, while R.J. does not want to have anything to do with them. This is a m/m romance, so we can guess how it ends, but it is the journey to the end that makes this book worths reading. It's an emotional book that made my eyes blurred several times.
Tamela
I had a little bit of a hard time relating to RJ. He seemed to be so much into himself... how everything affected him, how would he deal with things. It took me a while to see that it was all his insecurities that were getting in his way. Luckily Julian stuck it out and made sure that RJ came back to the real world when RJ really needed a wake up call.

Recommended
=============================
1st read - Sept 24, 2012
2nd read - Aug 4, 2016
E
May 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Why in the world would Julian ever want to even bother with RJ? The whole plot felt forced. I like visiting with the characters from earlier books, but otherwise ... eh. I never understood how Julian became obsessed with RJ from only one meeting and then waited over a YEAR to have a chance with him. RJ's character was flat and it felt like the conflict that was resolved in happily ever after was really really forced.
Lisa J.
I liked the first two books in this series much better (Glitter, being my favorite.) Julian was a straight up stalker. There was no build-up to this couple, and R.J. seemed like he was on the rebound. R.J.'s flip on the conflict at the end was also not explained adequately. These two were not ready for this major life step.
It was nice to see Charlie and Gregory, but where were Laurance and Josh?
CB
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The third book in a very entertaining series. There are 4 books out now and they are all worth the time. (The 4th book "Popping the Question" is a free read on the publisher's website.)

Very entertaining writing and the characters are all very lovable.

I would recommend reading the books in order. They would not be quite as good stand-alone.
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt

I enjoyed this one. Julian could have been kind of creepy. He did kind of stalk RJ; however, he's such a sweet guy that I can overlook that. Also, there's an orphan, so it gets points for that. Yeah, I'm sappy.
Silkeeeeeereads
Another decent, enjoyable, cotton candy read from Diana DeRicci. The two main characters were sweet, there's lots of hot sex and the small conflict ends up in a pint sized princess that you can't help but to be glad good things happen for.
Chris
May 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Eyre
Shelves: 2011, gay, ebook, romance, done, 2012, reread
Good m/m romance about a wedding planner, recently dumped, who wakes up after a party to discover a strange man in bed with him... a strange man who know an awful lot about him. This would've been better without the near-purple prose during the sex scenes.
Delena666
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5
Janna
May 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Amanda
  • Always Hope
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Daddio (Horizons, #3)
  • Daniel's Dream (Men of Charlestown, #3)
  • Raven's Mark (Sandpipers, #2)
  • Blue-Eyed Soul
  • Appearing Nightly (Icon Men, #2)
  • Chance To Be King
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • Beautiful Harmony (Conquest, #5.5)
  • Taking you Home (Boys of Summer #2)
  • A Bar Tender Tale (Bar Tenders, #1)
  • The Melody Thief (Blue Notes, #2)
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • The Heart of the Jungle
  • Home (Home, #1)
  • The Coil
  • Lost Treasure
Diana DeRicci is the sexy, flirty pen name of Diana Castilleja. A romance author at heart, DeRicci’s writing takes you into a saucier spectrum of sensuality and sexual adventure, where a happily-ever-after is still the key to any story.

Diana lives in Central Texas with her husband, one son and a feisty little Chihuahua named Rascal.

Beach Duo (2 books)
  • The Charlie Factor (Beach Duo, #1)