Start by marking “The Book of Awful” as Want to Read:
The Book of Awful

The Book of Awful

Wouldn't it be nice if we all held hands and pooped rainbows?

Sure, but until our world becomes a technicolor paradise, what's the REAL way for people to get happy?

Avoiding catastrophe.

This parody of "The Book of Awesome" outlines one awful(ly ridiculous) scenario after the next, to demonstrate how much worse life could really be. Whether it's a world where you finally mee
Published April 16th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Awful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Awful

Rebecca Knight
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I laughed out loud... literally!

It is rare that I ever laugh out loud while reading a book, but this book definitely delivered on that front, often at inopportune times, like when I was sneaking a quick reading break in the bathroom at work. And now I'm that crazy lady giggling to herself in the stall. Thanks a LOT, Romi!

Seriously, though, this book promised to be a spoof of The Book of Awesome and instead of pep-talking the reader in the traditional way, makes us feel better about our crappy l
David King
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
My full review can be found on my blog: http://killie-booktalk.blogspot.com

This book is supposedly a parody of “The Book of Awesome” which I had never heard about before so can't actually confirm how well it actually parodies the book. Either way though, what this book does do is outline one possible awful scenario after the next in rather comic fashion to demonstrate how much worse life could be if any of these scenarios actually occured. My favourite scenario in the book is in regards to what
Jacque
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jacque by: Book rooster
(Note: I received a free Kindle copy of this book in exchange for my review.)

In a sort of reverse self-help book, Romi Moondi rounds up all the ways your life could stink, thus inspiring you to feel better about your own life. In short essays, Moondi covers everything from a world without cotton candy to the perils of werewolves attending the opera.

The book is well-written and Moondi certainly has a unique take on many common aspects of life. However, for me the humor intended in many of the pi
Christopher
Apr 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
First off, it's called The Book of Awful and uses the same color and potentially copyright-infringing logo of the bestseller, Book of Awesome.

If, at this point you didn't know it was a parody it says on the cover: "A Parody".

However, it's not a parody. A parody of The Book of Awesome would have entries about awful little things that ruin one's day, done in the style of the first book - not a series of "what if?" scenarios about unrelated topics.

The author should look up parody in a reputable dic
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This book takes a funny and irreverent look at what life would be like in various situations. For example if there was no Facebook or if Unicorns really existed.

I was lucky enough to receive a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it and I am so glad I did. It is very very funny and I found myself laughing out loud many times whilst reading the book. My particular favourite is what would happen if there was no Facebook (shock horror!). I thoroughly reccomend this. its not a difficul
Tania
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This really short parody of life issues and how to just be postive because things can always be worse! I did enjoy the moral of this book, it was funny but not hysterically so. Romi did a good job of picking out her themes & going into detail of how they could be worse. I would recommend it for days when you are feeling down about life.
Roseanne
May 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Good idea...but much like the title, it was awful.
Edward
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is. . .different. Funny and doesn't hold back. I really enjoyed it.
Air
Dec 26, 2013
Clara E. Kparr
Aug 10, 2015
Kori Cornwell
You will laugh at every page!!!;) enjoy
Maryellen
Shana Hammaker
Jun 11, 2014
Sherrie McCarthy
Nov 12, 2011
I am Canadian, and here are some strange personal facts:

-I wore denim-top-to-bottom in high school (there is a direct inverse relationship between how much denim I wore and how few tongues were launched down my throat at school dances...or anywhere in high school at all).

-A homeless lady in New York once told me "You're just a bitch on vacation with no money!"

-I always hated those insufferable cou