Start by marking “Buckhorn Beginnings: Sawyer / Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Buckhorn Beginnings: Sawyer / Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers #1-2)

Buckhorn Beginnings: Sawyer / Morgan

(Buckhorn Brothers #1-2)

Sawyer
The only doctor in Buckhorn County, Kentucky, Sawyer Hudson knows a thing or two about saving lives. But when he rescues the beautiful Honey Malone from a car wreck and nurses her to health at his home, he finds himself dreading the day she's well enough to leave. Because now that he's met the woman of his dreams, he's not about to let her go....

Morgan
Buckhor
Published October 25th 2011 by Hqn (first published June 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Buckhorn Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buckhorn Beginnings

Start your review of Buckhorn Beginnings: Sawyer / Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers #1-2)
stephanie
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
two novels in one. this book follows two of the Buckhorn brothers.

Sawyer and Morgan are brothers who live an interesting family life.

Sawyer is a single doctor. one day he finds himself a situation were he falls for an amazing young lady. she had crashed into his pond. next thing you know, they can't get enough of each other.

Morgan: A sheriff who happens to be single. also finds himself in a deep situation, falling for a stubborn, stunning, young lady. who troubles are following her, but Morgan
Patty
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Source: Library

LOVED IT!!!

Sawyer - 4 Stars
While reading this I couldn't help but felt like I read half of it already, turns out I did! I'm not sure when but awhile ago I actually read just more than half of this story. I must have got distracted with another book, it's the only thing I can think of as to why I didn't finish this the first time I read it! I love Sawyer, I love how protective he was over Honey.

-------------------

Morgan - 4.5 Stars
Oh Morgan, he's just...UGH! GIMME ME!!!!
Becky
Sawyer/Morgan by Lori Foster
Actual rating: 1.5 starts

So this is an anthology of the first two books in the Buckhorn brothers series by Lori Foster. I’ve read a few other books by her. I don’t know if these were super early in her career or what, but these read as incredibly dated. I know romance novels are not always the best at gender roles and sexist stereotypes, but man, the casual sexism was oozing through the pages in these two:

His overwhelming masculinity made her uneasy, whereas Sawyer’
Liz F
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fun-w-backlists
This is Books 1 & 2 of the Buckhorn Brothers series all in one book.

Briefly (since this is a super old book), these 4 brothers live together in a somehow not creepy way. Sawyer and Morgan (heroes of Books 1 & 2 respectively) are manly men doing manly men things. Sawyer is the town doc and Morgan is town Sheriff. Magically, they're straight, single (of course they are) and mind-blowingly hot (of course they are). They're not so good with the talky-talk word things (why would they be?). Okay, I'm
Taera
Mar 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book comprised two books in one. The first book, Sawyer, I really liked. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. The second book, Morgan, was terrible. Morgan was a horrible person. He bullied Misty, the love interest, the whole book, and not in a fun playful way. Misty was portrayed as a weak female. Morgan was rude to Misty and made her feel bad about spending time with her sister. He bullied her to make her leave his family's house. He bullied her to tell him her secrets. Then when she was lea ...more
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Sawyer and Morgan
First two stories in series
Oldest two find love

Dated, but who cares?
Great having two in volume
On to the next two!
RLA
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I read the Buckhorn brother's books years ago when they were first released. In fact they were some of the first ever romance novels I read and I still remember their bright red covers - they were released under the UK 'Sensual Romance' category.

When I saw that they had been re-released I thought I would give them a go...

But I don't remember them being so damn wholesome.

I'm not talking heat level here, 'cause the books are actually quite steamy, but in the 'could these men be any more chivalrous
Wminbc
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I picked up Sawyer and Morgan this weekend...heart still beating madly for Morgan. Gosh, I just love a big man!

All the guys are wonderful...Honey was a bit of a stretch for me at first. I found her lack of gratefulness annoying, but when she was concerned for Casey about the sunburn...ya, she won me over there.

Misty, aka Malone, was funny and silly...her complete lack of male awareness had me laughing and Morgan fuming. Morgan will make such a great dad...his compassion, love, and total devotio
Meghan
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Two brothers, two sisters, two romances in one book. Both books were good, but the second one had more action, story development and overall I enjoyed it more. The first book was good, but based off of how the characters acted between men and women I was thrown about what era the story took place.
ysar
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-romance
centralpickshijackedbyysar

Since I've been having so much fun with Lori Foster's Ultimate series, I thought it was time I checked out some more of her books. And we all know how much I love romance countrified. Even better, this one was on Overdrive at my local library and is two books in one, so there was no way I was going to pass it up!

The first story is Sawyer's. The town doctor and one of several brothers who live together in their late parents' old farmhouse, Sawyer's a single dad of a teenage son, and while he cert
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I grabbed Buckhorn Beginnings on audio a few months back when it was on sale at audible.com and was saving it for a rainy day. So when I was starting to get a little burn out on all the UF books I've been reading and listening to I knew it was time to dust this one off.

It was just want I needed. Not one but two sweet and sexy contemporary stories in one audio. Buckhorn Beginnings is my first Lori Foster experience and before I was halfway through it I ran over to audible and grabbed the next au
Jaime Arkin
May 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked these books. I say books because they were two books (brothers) in one. Even though these were originally published years ago and then republished in 2011 they are still as good as anything I've currently read. There were a couple words that gave me a good chuckle (preppies).

Let's go ahead and start with the cover because *wipes drool* that's exactly what caught my attention first.

The first & second book in the series focus on the brothers Sawyer & Morgan. I swear the way these men are
Tonileg
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: western, romance
Sawyer and Morgan are brothers with a complex and interesting family life. There are multiple reasons why they are so hot and so single with the Malone sisters bust into their lives. There is a lot of slow build-up to a long lasting relationship between Sawyer and Honey. - Who names their children 'honey'? She is supposed to be from a rich influential family (usually educated), but I have a hard time believing that they would name their first daughter with a nickname. -
The second story is about
~Leslie~
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a series written by Lori Foster in 2000 and it does have an older feel to it. The book is actually two novellas about 2 of 4 brothers who live in Buckhorn, Kentucky. The first story is about Sawyer, the oldest, who is a doctor. Honey Watson comes crashing into his life (literally) and he becomes determined to save her from the bad guys in her life. She is a rather difficult character to like but she gets better as the story goes on. The second story is about the second brother Morgan, wh ...more
AJ Swen
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I honestly can't think of anything I'd change about this book. Sawyer was very good. Loved how Honey broke down his barriers. AND..how Honey and Casey clicked.
Morgan's story was great. Loved the banter between him and Misty. They were a great pair.
I enjoyed how the stories felt complete and not lacking. Often times I find myself flsutered at the end of the stories (when there's more than one in a book) because they feel rushed or incomplete. She did a fabulous job telling the story without cutt
Gina (bibliobuff)
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to live in Buckhorn! I really enjoyed the first story, "Sawyer." The second, "Morgan," took me a while to get into because he was such a complete ass at first. I'm looking forward to reading about the remaining brothers and Casey.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
In true Lori Foster fashion, she has created a dynamic group of characters to fall in love with and a sensational story to captivate readers. I loved Sawyer and Morgan and can't wait to read more about this amazing family from Buckhorn!
Erin
Fluffy brain candy. That's about all I can say about these ones.
James
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jackie
Buckhorn Brothers #1 Sawyer

Talk about your testosterone overload, those Hudson men are smokin' full of it!

From sexy doctor Sawyer all the way to his 15-year-old son Casey the five Hudson’s each have enough male charisma/sex appeal to set women of any age ablaze.

In this first book we meet them. Sawyer, Morgan, Gabe, Jordan and Casey. Five strapping examples of clean living and good genes!

Sawyer’s story starts fairly normally but after the introduction of car wreck victim Honey Malone things not o
Jamoz23
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Reread this authors Winston Brothers and Visitation series. Grabbed these through my library for some light reading.
Quite entertaining to read books this old and the sexually biased slant to them.
How stories have changed in 20 years. I quite like the old-fashioned manners of the men but they are a bit dominating and overbearing, in a nice way.
I find it interesting that these men are all women magnets but no other women show up or make a fuss.
Found it interesting that none of these br
Marilyn Upright
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love stories with two connected characters, especially when they are brothers. These two brothers dont know what hit them.
First we have Sawyer, the oldest brother who is the only local doctor. He and his son Casey are out working on their fence when a women, Honey runs her car right through the fence and into a lake near their house. Honey and Sawyer are immediately attracted to each other. But Honey even though she is ill and has a concussion is trying her best to leave their home. She is afr
bjneary
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always love Lori Foster books! This series begins with the Buckhorn Brothers; oldest Sawyer and next in line Morgan. I really loved Sawyer and his son Casey (the back story is just the best- all the brothers help raise Casey since he was an infant! Honey Malone comes careening into the brothers yard as Sawyer and Casey fix a fence. She crashes and all it takes for this doctor is to see Honey and he knows she is someone very special and wants to keep around. I didn't really like the second stor ...more
Tyawna
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: default
This book has two stories in one. Both follow the romantic relationships of two brothers. In true Lori Foster fashion, you cannot help but fall in love with the characters she creates. The brothers are alpha males, with honor, chivalry, and good old fashioned manners. Both stories have a slow burning romance; the characters are given a chance to get to know each other and fall in love naturally. The characters change and grow throughout the book and become better, stronger characters. The camara ...more
Robin Franks
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

This series is still as good as the first time I read it. The writing and action are outstanding and I love the characters. The family is wonderful and it would be so cool if heroes like this actually existed. I would love to meet one myself. Getting ready to start the next book in the series. I would recommend this story to any adult reader that enjoys great alpha males and just as awesome heroines. Great sexy action.
DeA
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
The first story was pretty good. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit but the second story seemed as though it was missing parts. (This could be due to the audiobook, which had a good sound quality but sometimes sounded as though parts of chapters were repeated.) If you like a good feel good romance, then definitely worth picking up, just maybe as an actual book rather than an audiobook.
Alyssa Edmonds
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I didn't read this book fast enough! It was after start to a large book series and I can't wait to read the next one! I love stories about big families and interconnected communities. It's great to intertwine yourself with a story that has many plots and fun scenes. Lori Foster strikes again!
Amy Berry
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely can not say enough good things about this series, loved that it was two stories in one too. The stories about Sawyer & Morgan were funny, caring, loving, & hunky! Can’t wait for the others! ...more
Angela
Aug 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Awful! Could not finish as book 2 was Morgan and didn't like his character. Just hate books where after 2 weeks the couple is getting married and having babies. I know it's fiction but it's just annoying!
Sam Pauley
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my third or forth time reading this book. I love it! The characters are hot-headed and perfect for each other!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rev It Up (Black Knights Inc., #3)
  • Born Wild (Black Knights Inc., #5)
  • Nauti Boy (Nauti, #1)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Too Hard to Handle (Black Knights Inc., #8)
  • Full Throttle (Black Knights Inc., #7)
  • Fuel for Fire (Black Knights Inc., #10)
  • Nauti Dreams (Nauti, #3)
  • Nauti Nights (Nauti, #2)
  • Hot Pursuit (Black Knights Inc., #11)
  • Hell for Leather (Black Knights Inc., #6)
  • Protecting Ainsley (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Search and Rescue Book 1)
  • Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc., #9)
  • Nauti Intentions (Nauti #4)
  • Nauti Deceptions (Nauti, #5)
  • Hell or High Water (Deep Six, #1)
  • Devil and the Deep (Deep Six, #2)
  • Rescuing Gabriella (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #3)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds from t

Buckhorn Brothers (5 books)
  • Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1)
  • Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)
  • Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers, #3)
  • Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
  • Casey (Buckhorn Brothers, #5)