Start by marking “The Ultimate Sales Letter 4Th Edition: Attract New Customers. Boost your Sales.” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Sales Letter 4Th Edition: Attract New Customers. Boost your Sales.

The Ultimate Sales Letter 4Th Edition: Attract New Customers. Boost your Sales.

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  696 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Write Well to Sell Big!

In the age of e-mail and instant communication, great sales copy is indispensable to closing a deal. But too many sales letters end up in the junk file or the wastebasket. In this new edition of his top-selling book, author Dan Kennedy explains why some sales letters work and most don't. And he shows how to write copy that any business can use.

Among
Published January 31st 2011 by Adams Media (first published February 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Sales Letter 4Th Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Sales Letter 4Th Edition

Chad Warner
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: copywriters, marketers, entrepreneurs, business owners
Recommended to Chad by: Seth Getz
A useful guide to writing sales copy. The third edition, published in 2006, deals mostly with printing and mailing sales letters, but many of the principles of sales copy are timeless and apply to any medium. There are many specific examples.

Kennedy is a fan of long copy, and claims that research shows it’s more effective than short copy. He makes a good point about appealing to buyers, and not being concerned about nonbuyers.

I agree with most of Kennedy’s advice, but I disagree with his willing
Marlene
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2017
Copywriting basics. Adding to the library. It's fine. I can't say it changed my life.
Daniel Taylor
Dan Kennedy reveals why he's the highest paid copywriter in the world in this book. Put simply, he works hard to collect the information — a lazy man would say an excessive amount — that he needs for each part of the sales letters he writes.

For Kennedy, writing sales letters is not creative; it's about following a process — a paint by numbers rather than a think outside the box approach. He guides you through each element of an effective sales letter, why it matters and how to present the inform
Jeffrey
Jun 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
This is really geared toward offline marketers but onliners can use it too. And after all, Dan Kennedy is the master of marketing. I like his renegade attitude. He pulls no punches. Want something accademic, just unapplied theory? Go to college. Want to be successful? Read Kennedy. I'm a Gold-Plus member and get his monthly newsletter and I've spent thousands on his training CDs, DVDs, and seminars. Want to breat from the fold? Get away from that boss who tells you when to go to work, lunch, hom ...more
Andrew Nathan
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My reference book whenever I write sales copy.
craig washington
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative

I enjoyed this read. I found that as a new freelance copywriter, many of the things that I did instinctively were actual techniques used by professionals. I intend to keep this book around for future use as a reference guide.
Melissa
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kennedy
Very technical book

I found this book to have a lot of technical and practical tips that every business marketing department should know. While a lot of it is beyond me, it is my becoming my baseline for my marketing employees.
Bradley Woods
Enjoyed this and got some good info out of it on steps in crafting a sales letter. Will reread this book and implement more of what it says into my workflow.
K. Rezaiezadeh
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what it promises to be - clear, concise and thoroughly entertaining. A must-have for any copywriter.
Pavel Godiaev
без свежих идей, но стройно и логично
Eric
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, dropped
I have a few reasons for not liking this book, and I happen to think they're pretty good.

First, the book is terribly disjointed. It's a collection of the top twenty sales letter techniques and they don't connect well at all. In the middle of a chapter on one thing, he'd talk about something else, which ends up being pretty annoying. it works for twenty blog posts, but not for a book.

Second, the author is freaking annoying. He has a knack for writing the scariest copy ever, and he takes a lot of
Margot Note
"My '10 Smart Market Diagnosis and Profiling Questions'
1. What keeps them awake at night, indigestion boiling up their esophagus, eyes open, staring at the ceiling?
2. What are they afraid of?
3. What are they angry about? Who are they angry at?
4. What are their top three daily frustrations?
5. What trends are occurring and will occur in their businesses or lives?
6. What do they secretly, ardently desire most?
7. Is there a built-in bias to the way they make decisions?
8. Do they have their own langu
Viivika Tamm
Nimekiri sammudest, mida eduka müügikirja koostamiseks teha. Ülevaatlik ja piisavalt põhjalik.

Häiris 2 asja: esiteks oli terve raamat ise üks suur müügikiri - igal teisel lehel püüti lugejale autori muid tooteid pähe määrida; teiseks propageeris raamat mõtteviisi, kus kõik on müügitehingu kindlustamiseks lubatud - tõe väänamisest sulaselge valetamiseni. Väga ameerikalik lähenemine.

Iseenesest polnud üldse kehv raamat, lihtsalt ei läinud minu maailmavaatega kokku. Kui Sul pole midagi agressiivsete
Chiara Cokieng
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: copywriter
Get if: 1. You need to write something to sell something, and 2. You're not a copywriter. I still use it for easy copywriting jobs. This is my go-to recommendation for people needing to write salesletters and landing pages. Contains just enough mindset stuff to understand what it takes to sell something, but also practical enough (contains templates and checklists) to ship your salesletter without overthinking.
Sven
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wealth
The Ultimate Sales letter presents the most important techniques to write a good one. It forces you to think from your reader's point of view again and again. It's not about the product YOU want to sell, it's all about the NEEDS of your potential customers. There's nothing more to say besides that it's a practical handbook. Do the exercises and write, write, write.
Aubree Deimler
While I don't have intentions of mailing out sales letters I was hoping to pick up some tips from copywriting guru Dan Kennedy for writing web copy. I found some useful tips but the book is very much focused on print letters, so I found myself skimming a lot of the time.
Joe
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for new ideas to help market your business. You need to get this book because it will help you be a better letter/ad writer. Anyone can learn from Dan Kennedy and you'll learn it's not hard to write your own letters and advertisements.
Joanny Liu
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gives you insight to writing sales letters and sales copy.
Sergei
Feb 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Dissapointment. "How to deceive people into buying crap they don't need" - why is it always so with sales?
Obi
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan Kennedy is a genius. Very easy and insightful read. Makes me want to read all his books.
Charles Kraus
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of great ideas that are still relevant today. A good reference book to keep handy for everyday use.
Mark Manderson
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great tidbits of info that opened my eyes to some tactics that seem so simple yet overlooked.
Matthew
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this very helpful for me as a business owner. I have struggled with my sales copy and I was able to glean some helpful points throughout the book. I will definitely be re-reading this one.
Jason Waldron
Mar 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I am an entrepreneur. I like, no LOVE, books that make me more money.

This book is the best $15 you'll ever spend if you're interested in using your writing skills to bring in cash.
Austin Netzley
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great kennedy book

Practical and actionable. No b.s. book on writing copy that converts. Every one of Dan's books is a must read for marketers, this is no diff
Dieter
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
Fantastic introduction to direct marketing and sales letters.
Walter Vanallen
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Menilik Dyer
This book is a description of one way to write a sales letter. It's a good way, but not the only way.
Michael Saul
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A classic, and for good reason. I've read this numerous times, and believe it is a staple for anyone in direct marketing.
Jared Miller
A majority of the text is outdated tactics- though one could still find little golden nuggets.
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • Breakthrough Advertising
  • My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising (Advertising Age Classics Library)
  • Advertising Secrets of the Written Word: The Ultimate Resource on How to Write Powerful Advertising Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters and Mail Order Entrepreneurs
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
  • How to Write a Good Advertisement: A Short Course in Copywriting
  • Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods, and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
  • Zero-Resistance Selling: Achieve Extraordinary Sales Results Using World Renowned techqs Psycho Cyberneti
  • Words that Sell
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
  • The Boron Letters
  • Cashvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, Relate
  • The Sticking Point Solution: 9 Ways to Move Your Business from Stagnation to Stunning Growth InTough Economic Times
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches
Dan S. Kennedy is the provocative, truth-telling author of seven popular No B.S. books, thirteen business books total; a serial, successful, multi-millionaire entrepreneur; trusted marketing advisor, consultant and coach to hundreds of private entrepreneurial clients running businesses from $1-million to $1-billion in size; and he influences well over 1-million independent business owners annually ...more
More about Dan S. Kennedy...
“Always enter the conversation already occurring in the customer's mind.” 1 likes
“Do not arrive as an interruption or disruption, attempting to divert your reader's attention from the object it is focused on, fighting to interest him in something different from what he is already, at this moment, interested in. Instead, align yourself with the subjects already possessing his attention, the matters already garnering his interest, the self-talk conversation already occurring in his mind, and the conversations he is already having around the water-cooler at work or at the kitchen table at home with peers, friends, and family.” 1 likes