Start by marking “The Great Brain Picker-Upper: A Book on Finding Happiness Every Day” as Want to Read:
The Great Brain Picker-Upper: A Book on Finding Happiness Every Day

The Great Brain Picker-Upper: A Book on Finding Happiness Every Day

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
An illustrated odyssey that discovers ways to find happiness in simple terms and with fun illustrations, this visionary book cannot be read and put away. Rather, you'll want to read it cover-to-cover and then keep it at close hand for a delicious dose of optimism. There's something in The Great Brain Picker-Upper for everybody. It's like daily therapy for the mind and soul ...more
Published June 9th 2011 by Abounding LIfestyle

To ask other readers questions about The Great Brain Picker-Upper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Brain Picker-Upper

Lois
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was a First Reads Giveaway winner of this book. This is a quick simple inspirational read, the kind of book that you breeze through. The quote that resonates with me today is, "Everything doesn't have to make sense to me all the time." Most of the book consists of stick figure cartoon drawings next to a quotation. I was going to set this book aside to pick up once in a while when I needed a lift then decided to bring it to work to leave in our kitchen library. It's the kind of book you want to ...more
Candice Mckinney
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Received this book today. Sat down and read it. Quick and easy to read. Part of it really made me think, the cartoon are funny. I laughed out loud. Steve Kapelonis did a wonderful job writing this book. The illustrations by his wife Elena are very funny. This is a great book to pick back up every now and then and reread. Very inspirational.

I read this again. I liked it even better the second time. I think you get something out of it every time you read it. I am adding a star.
Carrie
Jun 20, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
Who couldn't use a little pick-me-up now and then? I'm definitely looking forward to the cartoons! Thanks Goodreads, looking forward to receiving this!
Lenorek
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a cute little book that you can pick up and get quick inspiration. Nothing new, nothing earth-shattering, but little reminders from a stick man and his quotes that most certainly will make you smile. One of my favorite quotes is something like, "Everything doesn't always have to make sense." So true.
IrenesBookReviews
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is short and mostly stick figure cartoons with simple uplifting sayings. I read it quickly and found some of it worth reading again. If you have a friend in need of encouragment this just might be the book to give them. I would read this again on a day I am feeling down.
Kristina Franken
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Pamela Craig
Feb 12, 2015
Matthew
rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2011