Start by marking “Lord, Change My Attitude” as Want to Read:
Lord, Change My Attitude

Lord, Change My Attitude

Get ready for a lasting attitude adjustment. It's not about your actions. It's not about your circumstances. It's not about your relationships. It's not even about your life's calling. It's all about your attitude! "You can stop the flow of negativity that causes happiness to hemorrhage, and you can start the flow of good attitudes that cause abundant joy to abound," MacDo ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Lord, Change My Attitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord, Change My Attitude

April Smith
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read for everyone even if you don't think you need to read it. You do.
Kristina
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audio book. This was a time when I really needed to be challenged, and this book helped me to do that. I honestly do feel like I've grown closer to God and even fixed some of my other relationships. The audio that I listened to (mp3) was very clear and the narrator had an easy voice to listen to, and was also very easy to understand. The principles outlined in the book were very helpful.
Jalynn Patterson
About the Book:

Change your attitude, change your life.

We're very good at explaining why we're unhappy: bad job, bad relationships, bad luck. But there's probably a better reason: bad attitudes.
In Lord, Change My Attitude, James MacDonald shows us just how much our attitudes affect our lives. One of his bestsellers, this book is classic James: It's clear, it's inspiring, and it packs a punch.
Drawing from the experience of the Israelites who grumbled through the wilderness, MacDonald shows how bad
Jill Wingler
May 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: followers of Christ seeking to have attitudes that reflect Christ and honor God
Recommended to Jill by: Matt Gatenby
I really enjoyed reading this book with my small group. He takes you through a negative attitude in one chapter and a positive one in the next (Complaining/Thankful, Covetous/Contentment, Critical/Love, Doubting/Faith, Rebellious/Submissive). He asks questions that help you take a good hard look at yourself to see if these are attitudes that you need to work on. He introduces these attitudes by looking at the Isrealites in Numbers Chapters 11-16. This book definitely helped me to see how God fee ...more
Krista Hsieh
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Convicting and thought provoking without condemning
Bethany
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing book! Filled with so much wisdom and insight this book was an outstanding read and was such an excellent reminder that our attitude makes such a huge difference in our life.
Drawing heavily from the story of the Israelite and their lousy attitude while wandering in the wilderness. This book draws some strong parallels between the Israelite and our own attitude this is very though provoking and sticks with you long after then final pages.
I received a copy of this book in exchan
Julie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great bible study book!
Christopher Hough
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life changing.
Avery
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I suggest watching the videos after finishing each chapter
Amy
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always, James gets to the heart of the matter and pulls no punches! Listen to his sermons for a great reality check on how you are living! :) It is much more fun to read his book when you can hear him speaking the words in your mind!
Julia
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lord, Change My Attitude: Before It's Too Late by James MacDonald uses the experience of the Israelites grumbling in the wilderness to help us recognize and learn from God's attitude toward our attitudes. This book starts with an invitation and an introduction. The introduction is mandatory, as James states repeatedly. This is where he takes the time to explain his approach and lay out a blueprint for the work you're going to accomplish. The book itself is divided into 10 chapters, to be read in ...more
Gabrielle W.
Attitudes are a pattern of thinking formed over a long period of time. This is repeated throughout the book, over and over again; and it can't be said enough. The book covers 5 attitudes that we all struggle with, certain attitudes more than other.
Each chapter covers an attitude and then is followed by a chapter of what to replace it with.
Replace a Complaining Attitude....
...With a Thankful Attitude.
Replace a Covetous Attitude...
...With an Attitude of Contentment.
Replace a Critical Attitude...
Chiqui
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-studies
I really enjoyed reading this book with my small group at CPCC (Gail W, Debbie B., Jenna B., Katrina B., Alisa L. Jennie L., Kaitlan M. Sarah H. Lorir D, Yendra S., Rachel S. Lynn S., Laura W.). He takes you through a negative attitude in one chapter and a positive one in the next (Complaining/Thankful, Covetous/Contentment, Critical/Love, Doubting/Faith, Rebellious/Submissive). He asks questions that help you take a good hard look at yourself to see if these are attitudes that you need to work ...more
Mazzou B
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Change your attitude, change your life.

I am excited about this book! I hope many people will read it and really take the time to examine their hearts and attitudes about life! I know my life has been getting better since I really deeply examined my attitudes about everything and repented of my bad and selfish outlook on life! This book is an in-depth examination of the motives of our hearts. Although deep, this book is also easy to read because the author, James MacDonald has such a special and
Jennah
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a book by James MacDonald and it definitly won't be the last. I loved how James MacDonald explained the different attitudes of the heart. He explained them very well and used lots of Scripture to support his points. I also loved that he had a prayer at the end of every chapter. It's like he took the words out of my heart and put them on a piece of paper.

Chapters:

1. Replace a Complaining Attitude...

2. ...With a Thankful Attitude

3. Replace a Covetous Attitude...

4. ..
Charlotte
Sep 26, 2012 marked it as if-you-recommend-this-i-ll-bite-you
Lord, Change My Attitude Before Its Too Late: Before Its Too Late is the best book title ever.
If that was the title of Evermore, Evermore would have legit been the next Twilight.
If Brian Dunkleman would have written a book called Lord, Change My Attitude Before Its Too Late: Before Its Too Late, he never would have been fired from anything for the rest of his life and he would have had excellent dental.
Nguyen An
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Lord, I do not have the strengh to follow You. Forgive me for thinking that while I needed You to save me, that I was going to change myself. I'm asking You to flow Your grace and strength into my life. Every week of failed attempts reinforces to me how desperately I need Your help.

I invited You to fill me with Your Spirit and give me the strength that I need for every difficult circumstance and person I encounter. I ask that Your grace would help me put off all sinful attitudes and put on rig
Simply
Apr 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book has reveal kinds of small grumble, small complaint and relate to other bad attitudes which is often human carry out acted in term of every day life. Those attitudes which is kept people from God's blessing and at the same time that those bad attitudes have also destroyed the lives of God's people. I have realized through every single page that this book have somehow changed my thought, my old ways.....about being grumble and keeping complaint. I recommend for every one who has willing ...more
Jonathan
Dec 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
This is an excellent book that addresses the bad attitudes of complaining, coveting, being critical, doubting, rebelling.

It gives good practical advice on 5 corresponding good attitudes with which to replace the bad ones.

I had seen a lot of this material as a sermon series, but I was unable to watch the portion on rebelling, so to me that was the most powerful section of the book. It also could be because I don't like anyone telling me what to do. :)
Lisa
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I got a lot out of this book. I like the idea of replacing one attitude with another and that he lays the book out the way he does. He does go on a ton of tangents though and is, obviously, very Christian. I think anyone can read the book who wants to change their attitude for the better, but just know that it relies heavily on the Bible and God. I wish he would have been MUCH more concise, but other than that I liked it.
Jeannie
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book hits hard. I know a ton of people LOVE James MacDonald and I KNOW what he says is true, I just very often have a hard time hearing it...probably just me and an attitude adjustment that is needed, but I often feel scolded by James.

That being said, this is a great book to read. I have a ton of work with my Doubt and Rebellious Attitudes and feel that I need to continue to reread the portions on FAITH & SUBMISSION...about 100xs a year. Pray for me as God works on me in these areas!!
Joss Terrell
This book is written if a really easy to read format. It's like the author is actually having a conversation with the reader.
It's set out wonderfully with bible references and quotations and even outlines suggested prayers at the end of each chapter. This was really helpful because it means you can pray about what you've just read and learned.
It's a fantastic book and I will highly recommend reading it for anyone, but particularly for people who want to change their attitudes in a Godly way.
Angie Tolpin
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books you wouldn't buy unless you were honest enough to admit that you had an attitude problem... or you want to ask yourself some hard questions about if you do or not. And it delivers, for sure.

This book was so convicting, challenging, but such a growth opportunity for me.
Would totally recommend this book to anyone having relationship issues and wanting to take personal responsibility.
Andrea
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that cannot be read through quickly for every page offers an opportunity for personal insight and change. If the reader desires to go to new levels in their spiritual maturity and thinking, this is a must read. Even the one who has it all together will find themselves in the pages of this book as Mr. MacDonald reveals our attitude problems.
Tara
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't think of a single person who couldn't grow spiritually by reading this book. It was humbling and challenging, while affirming in knowing we can do NOTHING without Christ. I appreciated the author's candor and connection he had with the reader. I came away with several new areas of focus and prayer for my life ~ all to grow closer in fellowship with my Savior.
Ron Reffett
Love James MacDonald! This is a great book on our attitudes while going through hard things in our lives, a lot of references to the Israelites and their trek through the desert and how their journey sometimes mirrors our journeys as well. Very practical book, easily understood from a great teacher of God's word.
Michelle Johnson
Absolutely life changing, for our entire family. It would be hard to read this book and not be changed. We did it as a Bible study with the kids in the evenings and I saw changes in everyone. We all worked together to challenge one another.

There was a thing or two we disagreed with but just an amazing work overall.
Mitzi Adkinson
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
James McDonald is one of my new favorite non-fiction authors. I highlighted the heck out of this book. There were lots of great explanations for Biblical background information. It was well-written. I can highly recommend this book.
Gilliann
Sep 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One.
A few good points (if common sense) but, unfortunately, those are quickly forgotten when the author begins to editorialize and, spoiler alert, he's a misogynistic Evangelical. (I am beginning to wonder if there's any other kind?)
Brenda
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a life-changing book for me. I can't really say anything other than if you know in your heart that you have an attitude problem with complaining, criticism, coveting or rebelling, you need this book.
  • Starting Your Best Life Now: A Guide for New Adventures and Stages on Your Journey
  • Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership
  • The Myth of a Christian Religion: Losing Your Religion for the Beauty of a Revolution
  • Genesis through Revelation
  • Dark Mysteries of the Vatican
  • Skeptics and True Believers: The Exhilarating Connection Between Science and Spirituality
  • Hunter's Moon
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Sushi for One? (Sushi, #1)
  • The Story of the Scrolls: The Miraculous Discovery and True Significance of the Dead Sea Scrolls
  • Beyond Mindfulness in Plain English: An Introductory guide to Deeper States of Meditation
  • Made of Honor
  • Dead Air
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • Midnight Caller
  • Business for the Glory of God: The Bible's Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business
  • The Name
James MacDonald (D. Min. Phoenix Seminary) is married to his high school sweetheart, Kathy, and both are from Ontario, Canada. He is the father of three grown children, a daughter-in-law, a son-in-law, and grandfather to four amazing grandsons. James’ ministry focuses on the unapologetic proclamation of God’s Word. In 1988, along with a small group of ministry partners, James and Kathy planted Har ...more
“Gratitude is the attitude that sets the altitude for living!” 2 likes
“How long will this people spurn Me? And how long will they not believe in Me, despite all the signs which I have performed in their midst? I will smite them with pestilence and dispossess them, and I will make you into a nation greater and mightier than they” (verses 11–12). That’s when Moses pleaded with God not to wipe them out even for His own reputation. And God relented.” 1 likes