Start by marking “Insatiable” as Want to Read:
Insatiable

Insatiable

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  2,447 Ratings  ·  179 Reviews
Genre: Erotic Contemporary

Having all of her is the only thing that will satisfy him...

Shawn Griffin and Rachel Cooper have been best friends practically since birth, thanks to their families’ close relationship. But for the past few years, Shawn has been fantasizing about getting his best pal in his bed. When she announces she’s taking a trip to reconnect with an old lover
Published February 15th 2011 by Loose Id LLC (first published January 1st 2011)

Stephanie
I stopped at page 94...I disliked Rachel so much that I cannot read anymore of this book. I usually love friends to lovers, but this just did NOT work for me.

Rachel was an immature bitch that wouldn't know a good man if he bit her! As unlikable as she was, Shawn was that likeable. However not enough to keep me reading. Skipped to last page and they lived HEA; too bad Rachel ruined the journey....
MBR
A Solid 5 Star Erotic Contemporary Romance

30 year old Shawn Griffin is an esteemed architect and the only child of the Griffins who own an architecture firm known throughout the West Coast. Born and bred in Calvin Bay of California, Shawn is blessed with surfer good looks, feline green eyes and golden hair from his mother and a laser-like focus and intensity from his CEO father. Shawn’s only regret in life is the fact that he had turned down his best friend’s proposal that they become intimate
Olga therebelreader
Insatiable is the beautiful love story of Rachel and Shawn who have been best friends their entire lives.
Their parents have been best friends too, and Shawn and Rachel have always been supportive and caring to each other. Shawn has always been deeply in love with her but has never expressed his true feelings to her. When Rachel’s ex-boyfriend invites her to New York City in order to attend his book premier party, Shawn follows her in order to finally make his move and win her love. It’s now or
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
WOW!!!! First time I've read this author. I saw a glowing review from a reviewer on my goodreads friends. So good I didn't put it on my TBR, I bought it and started reading it as soon as I got home from work.

The sex is hot, Shawn is SEXY, SWEET and DETERMINED.

What I love about this book is besides the smoking sex, the characters are strong and you get drawn into their emotions. I wanted to cry in frustration for Shawn and I wanted slap Rachel at the same time I totally understood why she was l
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Favorite Quote: “You’re hard!”
He didn’t even have the courtesy to look ashamed. Actually he appeared amused. “You don’t say.”

Shawn and Rachel have been best friends for their entire lives. Their families, both very wealthy have always expected the two of them to end up together, but so far it has just been platonic. Rachel has purposefully led her life away from her family’s money, becoming a middle school music teacher. Shawn on the other hand has taken interest in his father’s building busines
Ioanna
Jun 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Were I to rate it for its cover,I would have given it 4 stars.I like the cover very much....But it has little to do with the two friends...You would think these two are Shawn and Rachel....Guess again!!

First of all I disliked Rachel.I haven't disliked a character since forever....She really got on my nerves and she should thank her luck I wasn't in Shawns shoes b/c I would have gotten really violent and not in a sexy way....She was being childlish and annoying and many other not flattering adjec
Taryn Elliott
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-time-fave
*sigh*
I just finished this for the what? 3rd time? As a friend and crit partner to this lovely lady I get to read these things before anyone else. But understand this...I always read them one more time after the editors and copyeditors get their hands on them. Right after I get it on my Kindle I crack my knuckles and settle down because I know I won't be going anywhere.

This one was a real treat for me. Some of you may not know that this is actually the very first book in Cari's arsenal. You can
PattyPepperpotts
Oct 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not so much that I hated this book, but more like I felt shortchanged with the way the story unfolded. I was looking forward to a story that would have more character development, something that delved deeper into the relationship of the main characters, however, this proved to be one need that would forever remain insatiable for me. Ironic, isn't it?

Sure, it is full of steamy scenes, but at some point, it feels like that was all it was offering. I don't know about the rest of the world but I pr
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
I got about 60% in and I couldn't go through with it. Rachel, the heroine, was getting on my last nerve. Shawn, our hero, was just too stupid to let it all out. I'm normally a huge fan of long time friends becoming more, but for some reason, this one wasn't cutting it. I found myself skipping pages, just so they can get to the point. Not good. It had so much potential, but, alas, it fell way short.
Feminista
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4.5 out of 5.
MaggieReadsRom
Words cannot describe my mad love for this book! Adored it!

Rating: 10 out of 10 - PERFECT READ!

First line:
She had a choice to make. To go or to stay. To have an incredible adventure or to stay snuggled in the soulless crypt of her comfort zone.

Memorable Scenes:
- Shawn’s skills with handcuffs > clever thinking there ;-)
- Every.Single.Sex.Scene > pages could’ve easily caught fire is all I’m saying! And the best thing is I wouldn’t have noticed as I was enthralled by the sexy, sexy scenes!
Danielle
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want hot, romantic, fun and emotional this is the novella for you. Cari Quinn will take you on the sexiest roller coaster ride of your life when you get sucked into two best friends longing for each other, but who will make the first move?

Shawn Griffin is an architect who was born in California. Not only is Shawn is blessed with good looks, amazing green eyes and golden hair, but his father is the CEO of the company he works for. Shawn happens to have only one regret in life, which is the
Kjen
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very excellent read! Lots of couple angst between Shawn and Rachel, but no one got too stupid. I did like how they pretty much faced things quickly without letting each other run too far. The whole best-friends-for-life-turned-lovers was well done.Hotness level was very high but still tasteful. The ending will throw you, then worry you, then delight you...bittersweet but joyous.
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Rating Clarification 2.5 Stars

This book was just okay for me. The story was alright however I never felt like I completely connected to the characters. They were a bit pretentious for my liking. I just never got into it like I hoped. Maybe it was that I read it over a period of time while I was doing other things. Just didn't work out for me. Oh well on to the next one.
Paganalexandria
Mar 20, 2014 marked it as in-collection-already  ·  review of another edition
4/23/17 currently free in this boxset One Taste by Cari Quinn
Gina
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great friends to lovers story!
Heather in FL
Another great feel-good (after angst) story from Ms. Quinn. Friends to lovers is one of my favorite themes, and in this one, they've been friends pretty much since the womb. Their parents are best friends. They're not too far apart in age. Their parents have sort of expected that they'd get together, but so far it hasn't happened. Back in their hormonal years, Rachel had a huge crush on Shawn, but Shawn didn't want to change their relationship. Plus he sort of wanted to sow his wild oats. He kne ...more
Lashuri Chan
Well this is not what I expected. For the most part, it was great and good. I came across this book sometime last week and was just itching to get it when I got some money. Brought it yesterday and finished it today.

It was not until chapter 15 when I got annoyed and fed up. Honestly too much sex to the point it was annoying and I could not be bothered to take my time and continue reading word for word. I found out this book had only sixteen chapters and for six bucks for kindle? Kind of a rip of
Christi Snow
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
This is one of my personal favorite kinds of story lines. Shawn & Rachel have been bf's their entire lives. Their parents have always been best friends and with Shawn and Rachel only 18 months apart in age, they have always been there for each other.

Over the years, they have each considered what it would mean to have a deeper relationship, but neither was willing to risk their friendship by pursuing that avenue. That changes when Rachel's old boyfriend, Ryan, invites her to NYC to
The BookWhisperer
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, let me get this off my shoulders and then I can praise this book. I really hated the character Rachel in the beginning. In fact, I didn’t like her until very close to the end. There it felt like she grew up and got her head screwed on tight. But other than this rant, the book was really good.

Shawn is in love with his best friend and she is far from realizing it, so when she goes off to New York to meet up with an old flame, Shawn follows her with the intent on making her feel what he feel
B-M
Shawn loves Rachel but Rachel only sees Shawn as her best friend....Shawn reveals his hand to Rachel......Rachel resists but Shawn persists....they have hot sex, words of love are exchanged, tragedy strikes but love triumphs.

As far as a plot goes this one is pretty standard and predictable lacking a degree of originality.

However, I didn't mind this at all.

Perhaps it was because I am experiencing sadness in my personal life that I just needed a bit of a predictable and comforting adult fairy
T.
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fun, although, at times frustrating read, I was tempted to give it a 3-star rating, but that's only because I wasn't really into the main characters- there was nothing wrong with the story, I just wasn't all that excited about it. There seems to be a spate of books out with the 'you discover you're in love with your best friend' theme (I'm reading three in a row to compare them), This was the hardest one to get through because it went back and forth with the acceptance and reject ...more
Jenny
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Glad it's over.
Honestly, Rachel, our "h" was absolutely the most frustrating, annoying, PITA ever. Why Shawn, our "H", even bothered to pursue her is beyond me.

I get it. They've been best friends for almost 30 years, and you can't help who you love, but Rachel was seriously just super annoying, selfish and infuriating.

It took what happened in the end to shed some light on admitting her feelings for Shawn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ൠSinful
I love Cari Quinn. She's one of those authors on insta-buy for me. I enjoyed this one. It was sweet, but it was very romantic and I can't believe I am saying this... but I think it could have been shorter. I did have a point where I got bored and put it down to pick up something with some action and adventure. So pick this one up when you are in the mood for an old fashioned love story romance.

Shawn and Rachel have known each other since birth. Their parents are best friends and the two were rai
Caro
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, own
This was a pretty good freebie. I liked the plot and the characters. Although through most of the book I wanted to smack 'Rach' upside her head and knock some sense into her, it wasn't in a completely bad way. I loved Shawn and was sympathetic towards him. Definitely worth that. ;) This had emotions, was written well and pulled me in (but not completely submerged), plenty of sparks, good side characters, touching parts, a few steamy scenes and a good sweet ending. This is definitely something I ...more
Black Butterfly
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: GOODREADS MEMBER
Shelves: romance, erotica
THIS REMINED ME OF MOVIES I'D SEEN "SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE" "WHEN HARRY MET SALLY", KIND OF SAPPY SERIOUS ROMANTIC COMEDY THING. I LOVE THE DIALOG BETWEEN THE CHARACTERS IT WAS SERIOUS AND HILARIOUS, SOMETIMES BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. NEAR HE END YOU MAY NEED A TISSUE OR TWO. THE SEXY PARTS ARE VERY HOT & STEAMY, ALL IN ALL A VERY GOOD BOOK!
Rosie Siemer
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one! In fact, I felt it was a little short and finihed too abruptly. I was left wanting more.
Great romance, great passion, great angst, great humour and GREAT SEX!

What more could we want from a book? :)

To view my blog 'Rosie's Reading' http://rsiemer.wordpress.com/
Jo Smith
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably the best, best friend romance I have read. Great plot, believable characters, hot sex and lots of twists. Cari Quinn is now on my favourite list.
Valerie ~Varuca~
Cari Quinn is one of my new favorite authors. I loved Insatiable….it is a fun, romantic and emotional ride. If you like a good friends to lovers story, you will love this.
Monica
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cari Quinn is one of my favorite authors and this book did not disappoint! I experienced more emotions while reading this book than I think I ever have with a book before. It has some extreme hilarity, some drama, hot & creative sexy scenes and the unexpected end left me with tears streaming down my face. This really is an incredible 'not-to-be-missed' novel.

Rachel Cooper and Shawn Griffin have been best friends practically since birth due to their parents close friendship. Lately Rachel has
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Turn It Up (Turn It Up, #1)
  • Firsts
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Tempt Me Tonight
  • The Accidental Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #2)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Hot in Here
  • Shaken
  • Anything for You (It's All About Attitude #6)
  • Her Best Friend's Lover
  • Sugar and Spice (What Women Want, #1)
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Tahoe Nights, #1)
  • Something to Talk About
  • A Modern Love Story
USA Today bestselling author Cari Quinn grew up wanting to be a singer more than anything else. When she realized she probably wouldn’t be hired as the opening act for the Foo Fighters, she stopped singing and started writing. Now she happily writes about rock stars, MMA fighters, suited heroes, bodyguards and everything in between. And she blasts her music as loud as the neighbors can stand, beca ...more
More about Cari Quinn...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)