Start by marking “Seriously Dangerous: Poems” as Want to Read:
Seriously Dangerous: Poems

Seriously Dangerous: Poems

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Published September 14th 2011 by Main Street Rag (first published May 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Seriously Dangerous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seriously Dangerous

Pris Campbell
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Helen Losse brings the power of nature right to your doorstep in her latest book, Seriously Dangerous, even if you live in the city. Reading these poems I was carried back to the woodlands and streams of my childhood in a small town in South Carolina where woods, streams, and pastures were part of the landscape of who you were.

In her poem, Spin, Spin, Spin, she says:

and we have lost the faith of the daisies.
Sweet hickory smoke floats like violets-
or maybe violence on the wind '

In Where Light is
Helen Losse
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
In Seriously Dangerous, a violent undercurrent lurks—always ready to strike—beneath nature’s raw, God-fearing beauty. Or is it the other way around? Maybe beauty truly is the truth that awaits us and will come forth when we least expect it. Maybe hope is hiding behind our dark, violent culture. Maybe a stern warning will change us this time. Our past and our present are seriously dangerous. We must face this fact, if we want to become whole.
Addy
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In “The Danger of Pretense,” the opening salvo to SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS, a marvelous book of poems, Helen Losse asks "Where is the Mercy?" This sense of questioning permeates throughout her deftly crafted, spirit-filled poems. From musings on the unexpected events of life in poems such as “Just Saying,” to reminiscences of love in “It Should Be Obvious” and “In Retrospect,” Losse leads us in a search for salvation in daily life, turning the commonplace into sources of inspiration and wonder. While ...more
Mary Moore
Sep 22, 2011 marked it as to-read
Congratulations to Helen Losse! SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS is on the long-list for a SIBA Book Award. This has been on my to-read list - now must find a copy soon!
Charlotte Hamrick
Amanda McGilbra
Jun 18, 2012
Aawaiz Ali
Feb 24, 2013
Helen Losse is the author of several collections of poetry, Every Tender Reed (Main Street Rag, May 2016), Facing a Lonely West (MSR, 2014), Mansion of Memory (Rank Stranger Press, 2013), Seriously Dangerous (MSR, 2011), Better With Friends (RSP, 2009), Paper Snowflakes (Southern Hum Publishing, 2006, now OOP), “Gathering the Broken Pieces (FootHills Publishing, 2004 ), and Kaleidoscope World, an ...more
More about Helen Losse...