Start by marking “Courting Death (Courting, #3)” as Want to Read:
Courting Death (Courting, #3)

Courting Death

(Courting #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews

After watching a murderer walk free on a technicality, Nicole Sterling left the state attorney's office to start a criminal law practice. She lets her partners handle the assault and murder files while she specializes in white-collar crime. With her own mother's life slowly slipping away before her eyes, Nicole has had about all she can take of death.

But when a client is a

Kindle Edition
Published May 2nd 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Courting Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Death

Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really love romances and I really love mysteries, and when the two come together in one book I am in my element. Such is this novel that features an attorney who has been "burned out" as an assistant prosecutor and has now turned to criminal defense. In practice with her two best friends, Nicole Sterling is trying to keep her life intact but having some professional and personal difficulties. Her last case as prosecutor was dismissed on a technicality--one that was the fault of a police detect ...more
Tiffiane
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a good third book in the Courting series. Having read the first 2 already, I was anxious to read Nicole's story.

She is smart, tough and determined to keep the outside world away from her personal world. Enter Sam Bowie, who defies Nicole's perfect order she has set for herself. I instantly liked Sam, and although they had a sordid history together that didn't end well, I just knew he was going to the one to push all of Nicole's buttons and force her to rewrite how she looks at things an
Cleffairy
May 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 20 May 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=290

Courting Death is a rather intriguing and fast paced story. I like how the characters grow as the story proceed, especially the main character, Nicole. She’s very dynamic in nature and I found myself wishing that I could be like her as I followed her adventure.

She made a lot of drastic decisions along the way, and I respect the fact that she does not hesitate to do things that she think is right. S
Siany
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
This isn't quite your average 365 page read I would estimate between 250-300 pages.
But it is a very padded out story, there is always something happening and was completely "go go go!"
I really liked the characters of Sam and Nicole, and quite liked how they were together previously and then reunited, it made the love story angle of this much more believable and interesting.
However it was the actual storyline rather than the love story that drew me in.
It was interesting, no idea how true some of
Judith
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5. A terrific novel that "marries" the best in romance fiction with a nail-biter of a suspense mystery. Featuring a defense attorney who used to be an assistant district attorney as well as a hardened and seasoned homicide detective, this novel has lots going on with lots of very interesting people. The author's own experience as an attorney shows as there is a deft touch with the law ingredients and when added mystery components like black marketeers who specialize in human body part ...more
Kerry  sullivan
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a smart, funny and interesting romantic suspense. The characters are well rounded and believable and the story kept my interest the whole way through. The reveal was multi layered and the surprise was a good one I didn't see coming. Would I recommend this book ..... Yes the romance was spicy and the suspense was thrilling all things you need in a really good story.
Ellesee
May 03, 2011
Auntee
May 19, 2011
Carol Stephenson
May 30, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nadia
Julia
Jun 28, 2013
Mia
Jul 06, 2013
Award winning author Carol Stephenson lives in southeast Florida with her beloved Shih Tzu. She's an attorney by day and author by night. She's best known for her emotionally drawn, hard-driving romances. In her free time this sports fan indulges in travel, photography and competing on a trivia team.

Courting (3 books)
  • Courting Danger (Courting, #1)
  • Courting Disaster (Courting, #2)