Start by marking “Man From Tennessee” as Want to Read:
Man From Tennessee

Man From Tennessee

3.14  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

After a whirlwind courtship, Kern Lowery whisked his young bride away to the mountains of Tennessee to start a new life. Unfortunately, Trisha's sheltered Grosse Pointe upbringing didn't prepare her for marriage or the hardships of country living, so she left with barely a goodbye.

Five years later, an accident brings Trisha back to Tennessee. No longer the shy, helpless g

Published (first published May 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Man From Tennessee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man From Tennessee

Laurie Carlson
My Take
This book was originally published back in 1983, and there was a lot of hype about it back then, and everyone seemed to be reading and talking about it! I remember this book because back when it was originally published there was a LOT of hype about it here where I live because it takes place very close to where I and many of my co-workers lived at that time. Everyone in the office then seemed to be reading this book and talking about it.
Since I happen to live somewhat near where this st
Cocktails and Books
When I read the blurb for this book on NetGalley, I was pulled in and hopeful for a great story. After reading it...not so much.

This is the "love" story of Kern and Trish Lowery. Trish met Kern when she was 19 at a New Year's Eve party in Grosse Pointe. It seems they were married a few short weeks later and then Kern was whisking Trish away to his mountain in Tennessee. Seems though, that while Kern was telling Trish all about his dream for his land in the Smokey Mountains, he forgot to mention
Cleffairy
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 14 May 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=281

I’ve always loved Jennifer Greene’s work. They’re all so endearing and memorable, including this one, Man from Tennesse. Man from Tenesse is written loosely on the theme ‘married in haste, repent in leisure’ and ‘back in his bed and he’s better than before’ theme, and I love it to bits. There’s emotional roller coaster ride and the story is filled with romantic, sexual tension.

This book is a keeper
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It took me a really long time to finish this book. I probably should've given it up, but I didn't have too long left.

The writing was fine, but I had a really hard time with the hero and heroine. I didn't understand what the hero saw in the heroine originally and then I couldn't make the romance work in my head after she returned to Tennessee.

I think I bought other books by Jennifer Greene when I did a mass Carina press purchase. I'm still game to read those.
Deborah
Man from Tennessee was a relatively quick and enjoyable read. The story is about a young couple, Kern & Trisha, who got married very quickly (the bride was only 19 yrs old at the time) and separated not long thereafter. Five years later, circumstances bring this estranged couple back together; this time dealing with issues from the past that were never resolved. I loved the relationship between Trisha and her mother-in-law. Overall, a good and worthy read from Jennifer Greene! : )
Tracy's Place
3.75 out of 5
Michelle
More to come.

It was okay. Quick and enjoyable.
Sharon
Chris
Jun 19, 2013
Kayla
Jul 01, 2013
Winner of over 15 national awards, including the RWA Hall of Fame and the RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award, Jennifer Greene weaves real issues, warm characters common-life humor, and page-turning romance and suspense into her stories.

Jennifer sold her first book in 1980, and since then has sold over 85 books in the contemporary romance genre. She won her first professional writing award
More about Jennifer Greene...