Start by marking “Into the Wild (Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1)

Into the Wild

(Warriors #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  63,450 Ratings  ·  4,978 Reviews
For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. But the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger, and the sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying-- and some deaths are more mysterious than others. In the midst of this turmoil appears an ordinary house cat named Rusty . . ...more
Published January 6th 2004 by HarperTrophy (first published January 9th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Wild, please sign up.
Kimberly Not at all. There's no such thing as "girl books" or "boy books." If you like it, read it.
Catrina There are six books in each little series, you should read the books starting from the original series, then new prophecy, power of three, omen of the…moreThere are six books in each little series, you should read the books starting from the original series, then new prophecy, power of three, omen of the stars, and dawn of the clans. As advise from my own mistake, do not read cats of the clans until you've finished pretty much all of them. :) I got so many spoilers.(less)

Dominique
Sep 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat and Adventure lovers!
I wish there was a higher rating, beacuse this is the BEST series in the world!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like this one,then read the following in order.(It is important to read them in order,or you will miss important parts of the story.)

1.WARRIORS

Book three- Dawn
Book four- Starligh
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat lovers of all ages
Recommended to Kat (Lost in Neverland) by: Good ol' mum
Best book and series in the world.

description
Vanessa J.
Edit (February 23, 2016):

Okay, I'm DONE with this review. I'm disabling the notifications, so if someone comments in it, I'm not gonna now. The level of trolls it has gotten has reached levels I cannot stand anymore. Of course, there are reviews with more trolls, but this is as much as I can endure.

And for you, ignorants who can't accept other people's opinions (better known as "trolls"), why don't you go read one of the many thousands of 5 star reviews instead of coming to criticize an opinion
Kim
May 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Audrey (Ravenstar)
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK EVER!!

(Comment below if you would like to join ThunderClan)

You silently walk through the forest, alone and scared. You are hungry and tired, and are in need of shelter. Suddenly, you come across a young, tortoise shell cat.

"Hello!" she meows. "I'm Ravenstar."
You nod in acknowledgment.
"Let me take you back to the Clan," she says. "We'll decide if we want to bring you in," her eyes glitter daringly, "if you're up to the challenge."

Welcome to the ORIGINAL ThunderClan, where online AND k
Jeff
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Guess what peeps?? ;)
This was my first YA series that I read!!!

Yah, yah, maybe it was something else but my poor memory remembers this one as a CRAZY FRICKING AWESOME SERIES.

So yes, I was a little tiny 5th grader who read in the back corner of the classroom who politely answered teacher's questions.
But when this gorgeous thing came up in my face, I was like...0_0
Wha??
.............

AND BAM.

*FALLS DEAD IN LOVE IN THE BACK OF A 5TH GRADE CLASSROOM*

This book has action, has great characters, and gu
Anna-Marie
Nov 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is about a house cat who is tired of being a house cat and wants to go into the wild. Then he mets a kitten from a 'clan' and goes with him into the forest and mets the rest of the Thunderclan. This book sounds boring, but really, it is a great book. The author is very descriptive and makes it all very interesting. There a four clans, Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan and Shadowclan. The whole series, and there are a lot of them, is about the four clans fighting to stay alive and also t ...more
Logan
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had just found my new favorite series! I recommend this book to anybody. it is an awesome book
Kater Cheek
May 16, 2010 rated it did not like it
My kids adore these novels, so I knew it was only a matter of time before I had to read them too. I figured I'd like them. After all, I like middle grade and YA fiction, and cats are cool, and Watership Down was one of my favorite novels of all time. So how could a book about warrior housecats go wrong?

If you're one of those people that hate cilantro, than any salsa with cilantro in it is going to hit your "ick, soapy" button and displease you. This novel hit a lot of my ick buttons. For one, it
Elise (TheBookishActress)
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids and preteens
These books are written terribly but they've actually got pretty developed characters and they basically made me fall in love with reading in third grade or whatever? so. four stars.

I actually want to talk about why these stupid books made me fall in love with reading, because they truly influenced me so much. I think the best thing about this series is the developed character work. This is a series that has defined characters who you can root for or dislike, which is awesome. I actually think t
Nima Kohandani
کلاً تجربه ی جالبی بود

گاهی بسیار روایتش نوجوانانه میشد، گاهی بسیار به یانگ ادالت نزدیک میشد!

توصیف ها و تصویرسازی نبردها واقعا جذاب و زیبا بودن

شخصیت پردازی به طرز عجیبی عالی بود!

ببینیم در جلدهای بعدی چی برامون دارن این گروه نویسندگان

کاراکترهای مورد علاقه مم بدون شک:
نیشزرد و کبوداختر

Angela
Feb 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: animals
This review is by Pippi, guest reviewer, age 1 and a half; tabby cat.

This is a book about cats who live in the wild and they catch mice and eat them and they fight. There are four colonies of cats and one of them is mean and steals the other colonies food.

At first I thought this book was hard to read because even though it's written in English they try to translate cat words into English so it's hard to follow at first until you get used to the cat words.

At the beginning of the story Rusty is a
Abdollah zarei
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
یه فانتزی خاص و دوست داشتنی.
واقعا نمی دونم با چی طرفم یه داستان فانتزی کودکانه یا یه داستان حماسی نوجوانِ رو به بزرگسال. یه داستان در زمان حال تو دنیای خودمون توی یه جنگل با محوریت گربه ها. قبایل مختلف همراه با قوانین سلحشوری. حکایت قبایل و رهبراشون منو خیلی یاد قبایل اورک ها و کتاب طلوع هورد انداخت. واقعا این کتاب ظرفیت زیادی برای یه داستان حماسی داشت. اگر به جای گربه شخصیت ها اورک بودن نیازی به تغییر در داستان نبود. شخصیت پردازی واقعا خوبی داشت. روند اتفاقات کاملا منطقی بود. و غیرکودکانه می
Kai Parker
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
چه بگویم در وصف این زیبایی :)

خیلی کتاب نابی بود ، با داستانی نو ، تجربه ای تازه.

اول باید اشاره کنم که واقعا ناحقیه که این کتابو در رده سنی میدلگرید بذاریم!

داستان کلا حال و هوای یانگادلتی داشت بیشتر .

آکنده بود از هیجان. هیجانش از قیام سرخ بیشتر نباشه، کمتر نیست.

شخصیت پردازیش فوق العاده بود. اصلا انتظارشو نداشتم. الان تک تک شخصیتا رو به خوبی میشناسم!

ضرباهنگ داستان هم کاملا مناسب و منطقی پیش میرفت.

میتونم بگم، این قبایل و مراحل آموزش و جنگجو شدن ، به داستان حال و هوای ناروتویی خیلی قشنگی داده بود :)
Mariana Palova
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lo amé, fue como leer a Jack London versión gatuna. Sí, es un libro para niños, pero tiene una narrativa muy salvaje y realista, cosa que me ha gustado mucho. Me encanta, y quiero seguir leyendo el resto de la saga ♥
Savita
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite series!!! I have almost all of them, and read them over and over and over and over!!! Great story to learn about the true meaning of following your heart, loyalty, and friendship.
Justine
May 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF 28%

I thought this was really bad. Right up there with The Magic Tree House and the Rainbow Fairies in terms of quality. That said, those books have their fans, just like these do, so you might like it, but I didn't. My kids loved it for the first few chapters and then quickly got bored and never wanted to finish it.
thepessimisticreader
I know this is a children's book but I absolutely loved it, though a fair amount of nostalgia may have gone into that decision. This is like Game of Thrones for children, but with cats! How could it get any better? Tigerclaw is the cat-version of Iago, and I'm in love.
Grace Tjan
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, jess-shelf
This is my daughter Jess' review. Jess is 11.

This review won the Ultimate Book Reviewer Award given by her school's Language Arts teacher.

Do you ever wonder what your pet cat thinks about? Fantasy author Erin Hunter brings you this spine-tingling, action-packed, fantasy adventure novel about wild cats. Explore and experience the land from the eyes of Rusty, a common house cat that dreams about the forest and all its wonders.

One fateful day, Rusty finds himself walking towards Thunderclan camp,
Katri
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Yksi työtehtäväni on ollut lukea Soturikissat (ensimmäinen osa) etäpäivänä. And I did it!

En olisi varmaan koskaan ikinä missään nimessä tai mistään hinnasta tarttunut suuren suosioon saavuttaneeseen Soturikissa-kirjasarjaan, ellei olisi ollut pakko. Ei vaan olisi voinut vähempää kiinnostaa.

Mutta onnekseni kirjan lukeminen yllätti myös positiivisesti, kun kirja olikin aika sujuva, ihan jännittävä ja suurimmaksi osaksi mukanaan vievä. Lukeminen ei ollut niin tuskaisaa, kuin olin ajatellut, ja lue
Riley Redgate
lol i was reminiscing about these and decided to revisit them and i firmly stand by my childhood decision to read absolutely all of them; they are truly addictive
Peacegal
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
I wanted to give the Warriors books the old college try, seeing as I love both cats and animal stories. I had seen how wildly popular they are among the YA readers in my library, and I do enjoy well-written YA novels. But this one turned out to be more of a furball than a saucer of milk.

Perhaps if I were fifteen years younger, I’d be devouring the Warriors books. But by now, the story contained in Into the Wild seemed trite and contrived; a watered-down version of a hundred other animal adventu
Daniel
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a nice change of pace to go from books about world domination, destruction and lots of deaths and suffering to something much more relaxing and laid back. And though i admit it was a bit weird to read about clans of cats fighting, talking, having vision it was quite fun. Also being a big fan of Jack London in my younger days helped quite a bit.

The story is nicely written, the pacing is also quite right and the story moves at a nice clip never being boring.

So dig right and ignore the mouse
Rosemary( Aka Lydia)
Jun 09, 2018 added it
Recommended to Rosemary( Aka Lydia) by: books chaLLENGE
Warriors rp!!!!
Comment below if you would like to join skyclan

Leader: name/ tom/ color/ user/ ( if has) apprentice/ mates of Redwhisker
Deputy: name: flowerheart/ white and golden/amber101( amberleaf)/ apprentice: ravenpaw/ she-cat/ mate of Shatteredheart
Warriors:
Shatteredheart/ tom/ silver/ Amy/ apprentice: smokepaw/ mate of flowerheart.
Rosestrike/ she-cat/ golden/ Amy.
Name/ gender/ color/ user/ ( if has): apprentice.( Mate if have)
...
Queens:
Redwhisker/ she-cat/ dark red/ Amy/ mate of leader( w
Malcolm
Jun 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat and Adventure Lovers alike
Deborah Pickstone
I really do like anthropomorphic fiction, probably set in place by that classic The Wind in the Willows which I have read so many times I could probably quote it cover to cover. Ahem! So much for not liking Fantasy, huh? I enjoyed this though I was irritated by the animals 'mewing' etc instead of just speaking. I will read more of the series.
haley
This review is for the all of the Warriors books (not New Prophecy or Power of Three or Omen of the Stars- just the first and original subseries)

These books were amazing. Nowadays it is very hard for me to find a book that I absolutely love. The Warriors series was able to hook me and bring me into the story. These books are about a housecat named Rusty who joins one of the four warrior clans living in the forest, Thunderclan. He makes some new friends, but is faced with a lot of prejudice beca
Sparky Lurkdragon
Jun 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: xenofiction
Wow, this is a dumb book.

My main gripe here is that these characters are not cats. Despite the grumblings about twolegs etc, they really don't think like small, semi-social predators. These are humans in cat suits: little furry Magical Native Americans (tm), or at least someone's warped view thereof. It feels like it's trying to be Watership Down with cats, but seems to fail to realize the reason why Watership Down is so awesome is because the Watership rabbits are RABBITS: they're not human, th
Adam Crossley
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Are you a cat or a dog person?

If you answered cat, this book is for you!

It follows the adventures of a house cat who escapes into the woods and joins a tribe a fierce wild cats who regularly engage in battles for more hunting territory.

The plot has a lot about nobility and it is easy to see parallels between this story and classic stories of knights and squires such as The Knights of the Round Table.

As an English teacher, I have several students who love this book and the entire series it is
Kate ♚
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cat-books, favorites
This is the book that started it all for me. I've always loved reading, but this is one of the first books I can really remember absolutely devouring. I believe the series isn't what it used to be after 100+ books, but this first arc and the journey we go on with Fireheart will always remain one of my favorites. I've read it countless times and never get tired of it.

This book is the very first in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. In a forest four clans of wild cats live in constant turmoil. T
Best Warriors in Warrior Cats! 6 25 Oct 19, 2018 12:32PM
Create your clan and your character 24 58 Oct 18, 2018 03:49PM
New or Old covers? 11 34 Sep 25, 2018 05:57PM
Warriors:into the wild 1 7 Sep 18, 2018 12:41PM
Warrior Cats: * Rules 4 13 Sep 02, 2018 05:28PM
Warrior Cats: Create Your Warrior Cat 9 10 Sep 02, 2018 03:11PM
  • The Burning (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #6)
  • Silverwing (Silverwing, #1)
  • The Sight (Sight, #1)
  • Varjak Paw  (Varjak Paw #1)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur

Warriors (6 books)
  • Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2)
  • Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3)
  • Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)
  • A Dangerous Path (Warriors, #5)
  • The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6)
“You cannot live with a paw in each world.” 792 likes