Start by marking “Caribbean Moon” as Want to Read:
Caribbean Moon

Caribbean Moon (Manny Williams #1)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  1,890 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Written in the tradition of I.Johansen, J.Patterson of old, and JA Konrath. Small-town detective/workaholic, Manny Williams is thrilled with the prospect of finally taking the long-awaited vacation he had promised his wife, Louise. The couple’s exotic getaway begins in sunny San Juan, Puerto Rico, by attending the wedding of a fellow Lansing police officer, followed with a ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published March 25th 2011 by Rick Murgittroyd

To ask other readers questions about Caribbean Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caribbean Moon

Denise
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-goal
'Caribbean Moon' pulled me in from the start. I couldn't put it down. Even though I had a clue as to who the 'bad' guy was, it was still quite an adventure. The storyline was well written and very thrilling. If you don't like gruesome details, this book probably isn't for you. But for me, it was part of the story and added to the story as a whole. The characters were great. Manny is a great lead and an even better detective. Sophie is a spitfire. I loved her go-get-em attitude. I loved the added ...more
Thom Swennes
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Walking in the footsteps of a psychopathic killer, the reader is soon mesmerized and enthralled with the workings of Robert Peppercorn’s, aka Eli Jenkins mind as he travels from one victim to another. Diagnosed with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) Robert patiently waited, playing an Oscar deserving role, until the doctors of the Lansing, Michigan mental hospital were sure they had booked a rare success and he was cured.
Manfred Robert Williams is a detective in the Lansing Police Department.
Dawn
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Roger
It was very high on Amazon, but I didn't care for it much. My biggest complaint was that they heroes just reacted to the villain in almost all cases. By that I mean they didn't use any internal strengths to overcome obstacles and force the flow events in a direction they wanted, or at least interrupt the flow the villain had planned. I like stories where the heroes struggle and overcome. In this book they were basically puppets in the hands of the villain.

In the beginning I was also a little cre
Mary
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cruising murder

I gave this book high marks as it hooked and reeled me in from the beginning. Characters were well developed and an emotional attachment unique to each of them was formed. Parts of the story were a little too graphic for my gentle mind. If you like NCIS and other police-based stories, this book will not disappoint you.
L.W.
Aug 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved it. It was a fast moving who done it with some very interesting people. I was amazed at the number of characters in this book that had to be kept track of...and it was done with a certain degree of elegance and style.

Loved the story. This is my first time reading one of his books...I don't think it will be the last time I check his work out
Joanna
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
it seems like the plot could be interesting, but the writing style seems immature.
Val Wilkerson
Definitely do not take this book on a cruise to read.....people on a cruise ship are
getting murdered right & left.....
Caron
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good mystery with nice twists. Never boring.
Joyce
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 and 1 / 2 stars

This book starts out a little slow – and confusing. I can only assume that the author did this because the book is the first in a series and he wanted to properly introduce his characters. However, if the reader sticks with it, it gets much more exciting and action-packed.

We meet Manny Williams and his wife Louise as they embark on a Caribbean cruise on the Ocean Duchess along with several other members of the Lansing (Michigan) Police Department. Louise is awaiting results of
  • A Touch of Deceit (Nick Bracco Thriller #1)
  • Grave Situation (Allan Stanton #1)
  • Dead Of Winter (Louis Kincaid, #2)
  • Mortal Pursuit
  • A False Dawn (Sean O'Brien, #1)
  • Hope Road
  • Convictions
  • No Time To Run (Michael Collins, #1)
  • Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2)
  • The Prophet Motive
  • Red Run
  • The Geronimo Breach
  • Top Ten
  • Unhinged
  • A Dyeing Shame (Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
  • The Stranger Beside You
  • Mai Tai One On (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #1)
  • The Rose Killer
Rick Murcer lives in Michigan and like many in that part of the country lost his job in 2008 due to a decline in the economy. An experienced executive, he sent out over 600 resumes without success. With unemployment benefits waning and savings nearly depleted he did the only logical thing he could think of...decide to become a writer.

Fortunately for Rick, he defied all conventional wisdom about s
More about Rick Murcer...

Manny Williams (9 books)
  • Deceitful Moon (Manny Williams, #2)
  • Emerald Moon (Manny Williams, #3)
  • Caribbean Rain (Manny Williams, #4)
  • Carolina Rain (Manny Williams, #5)
  • Vegas Rain (Manny Williams, #6)
  • Caribbean Fire (Manny Williams, #7)
  • Miami Fire (Manny Williams, #8)
  • Cajun Fire (Manny Williams, #9)