Start by marking “Harvesting Rue” as Want to Read:
Harvesting Rue

Harvesting Rue

(Atlantis #2)

Collared! Rue had no idea where the metal collar around her throat came from. It was simply there when she awoke, and there seemed no way to remove it.

The Lamerians were a warrior race. Tall and powerful, their job was to keep the Realm safe from marauding rogue spaceships. But the Lamerians were dying. Their few remaining women could produce only male children. For the w
Published by Strict Publishing International (first published February 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Harvesting Rue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvesting Rue

Jacqueline J
Good thing with ereaders you don't have to look at this very bad cover. The book was mostly decent though. The world building was pretty good with just a few missteps. This seems like it would be erotica but there is really only one sex scene and that's at the end. The writing is not real polished. The language is rather simple but at least it was mostly clear and didn't impede enjoyment of the story.

During the battle in the beginning of the book however, it was hard to tell who was who and wha
ValerieC
***
Atlantis series - Book 2
First read February, 2012
Second reading July, 2015
Third reading December, 2018

Funny story. Huge, hulking, hot, domineering space warriors of a dying race get their butts kicked by two small kidnapped Earth women... Rue and Dawn.
T00zday
2.5 stars. Disappointing. Wretched cover.
Longer review later.
HEA
Recommended as filler only.
Spynonu
Sep 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon
This book was a delightful read. It is humorous and sweet - in the style of Michelle's Pillow's Dragon Lords series.

Dawn and Rue find themselves captured, held by large alien men whose intentions for them are unclear. The men appear to believe the women are incapable of complex thought an error that the women use to their advantage when they are released to run from their captors in a game of chase before the "claiming".

While on the run the women learn more about what their captors want from the
Paula
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Couldn't put it down. Not too thrilled with the cover though. It looks very amateurish. Those guys didn't know what hit them when Rue and Dawn came along. I had plenty of belly laughs over how the warriors underestimate the girls over and over.I loved Miranda's Destiny too. I hope Candace writes more like these books.
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This may have the worst cover art I've ever seen; I never would have considered reading it except for the fact it got quite a few good reviews. I was surprised by the believable characters and the depth of the story. It's supposed to be sci-fi erotica but the sex is minimal. I read it in one sitting- i couldnt wait to see what happened next and that's always the sign of a good story to me.
Mara
May 06, 2012 marked it as dnf
Shelves: trash-bin
This story could not decide what it wanted to be: it's not erotica, it's not BDSM, it's not romance and no way it's sci-fi.

I stopped reading at the 82% mark.

I guess the awful cover should have been a warning enough.
Toni (U.A.C.)
This cover is horrible. The story is okay though. It's light on the BDSM and the plot development is less than stellar. I think with more world building it could have been better. Also think that the sex scenes could've been better.
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
Enjoyable but an entirely different world so it was hard to keep up with the different groups of people and their history.

In the end, the story could have benefitted from being quite a bit longer.
Deb
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not too bad at all....
Gab
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
ok read, not as much adventure as I expected but considering the cover and blurb it was almost Harlequin. I would not recommend against it, it was different. enjoy
Yaz
Aug 11, 2014
Senora
Feb 02, 2012
Tessie
rated it did not like it
Oct 07, 2014
Sandra
Sep 08, 2011
Candida Kenworthy
Sep 01, 2016
Dawn
Aug 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I've been writing since I could hold a crayon. My first novel was published several years ago, and I've been a full-time author ever since.
Last year, I joined with a friend to establish Mystic Mustangs Publishing, a non-erotic publishing company. I continue to publish my erotic works through Strict Publishing International and Renaissance Books - Sizzler Imprints.

Atlantis (5 books)
  • Miranda's Destiny
  • Slip-Stream
  • Cassandra's Pirate (Atlantis, #4)
  • Collateral Trade (Atlantis, #5)