Start by marking “Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch, #2)

Quinn's Need

(Whispering Pines Ranch #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  667 ratings  ·  92 reviews
It’s been a year since Lorcan James left Whispering Pines Ranch, and Quinn Taylor has barely recovered. Only two things keep him from falling into the abyss of despair: his work at the ranch and his escape into the world of BDSM at a club called The Push. At The Push, the sound of men begging him helps drown out the bitter memory of his own voice begging Lorcan to stay.

Whe
Published November 7th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Quinn's Need, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quinn's Need

really liked it 4.00  ·

Susan65
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have no idea even what to think of this book let alone how to review it. It's like a soap opera for gay men. It has all the aspects of what i DON'T like in a romance but for some reason it works...it just does. I am addicted and will now not be able to rest until i read book 3.
Bev
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Bev by: Tina
Shelves: lgbtq-mm, hot-as-hell

Another Jo Peterson book, another 5 star keeper. This is the follow-up to Lorcan's Desire, and is wonderful....

At the end of the first book, we knew that Lorcan and Quinn were in love, but that Quinn was extremely afraid to come out of the closet....and Lorcan refused to be Quinn's dirty little secret. Lorcan discovered that his friend Jess was in love with him, and in view of Quinn's stubborn and stupid attitude, he and Jess left Whispering Pines Ranch. This book takes up the story a year late
T.A. Webb
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"How does someone get an elephant out of a room without shit breaking?"

It has been a year since Lorcan made his choice to stay in Indiana with Jess and make a life. Even though he and Quinn love each other, there has been too much hurt, and he just...can't...leave Jess. So Quinn stays at the Whispering Pines Ranch and burns with anger and hurt. And drinks. And treats everyone else badly.

When Quinn finds The Push, a local D/s bar, he finally finds an outlet for his anger, using every sub who wil
Deeze
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Is it a good or bad thing when you start to not really care about the lead characters but feel deeply for side characters?

This is my dilemma. In book one I never warmed to Lorcan, I hated the way he ran out on Quinn and to my mind used Jess. But I liked Quinn ok and Jess I liked more so they were who I read for.

In book two my feelings for Lorcan never really changed but I found I didn't like Quinn as much any more. For me he became guilty of doing what Lorcan did, only he used Ty.I found mysel
Jen
Susu
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: m/m romance fans
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Publisher
Shelves: reviewed
I really fell for this book. I enjoyed the romance and how the author let us feel what the characters were feeling. And hey, who wouldn’t love a book with hot cowboys. Now for those of you not into m/m romance, this book is sooo not for you. But all others, I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, I hadn’t read the first book. So I immediately fell for Quinn and his side of things. While reading it, I felt like had I read the first one, I would have been a Lorcan fan. But that wasn’t the case. So I wa
Don Bradshaw
A much better and tighter written story than Lorcan's Desire was. I was glad to see so much resolved that had been hanging from the previous book. Quinn's playing in the BDSM scene was well written even though it really was not Quinn. I felt bad for Ty even though he knew that he'd never have Quinn. It was good to see what a year with Jess did for Lorcan's maturity. The story made for an emotional ride with sex that was burning the pages.
Portia
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Review was originally written for MM Good Book Reviews by Pixie

I don’t know what to say… I am speechless… How on earth has SJD done it again? Quinn is still struggling with his devastation of Lorcan’s leaving him. He manages to cope day to day, but only with the help of the subs, at the club. He somehow doesn’t fall back into despair. Lorcan is still with Jess, but although he loves Jess he still has to fight his desire for Quinn.

Oh My God… this is… I just
Gina
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboys, m-m, bdsm
For some reason I haven’t quite figured out yet, I didn’t like this book as much as the first one in this series. I will probably try to figure it out as I write this review.

Book two opens with Lorcan in Indiana with Jess trying to make a life together and Quinn coming out of a 3 month drinking bender and finding an outlet for his anger by being a Dom without all the warm tender feelings (yes, I said that). Both Lorcan and Quinn cannot get each other out of their hearts and just drives the guilt
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
4.5 COWBOY LOVIN' SAGA'HATE'IN STARS!

Lorcan~

Quinn

Sleeping Prince~(Jessie) Aww, wake up Sleeping Prince your story is coming up soon~

I will re-read this for him...I still, Love, Love, Love Jessie ♥

And....Gosh, this was good...but.....this book has another killer cliffhanger...hummm...Quinn / Lorcan/ Jessie?

I don't love that this series offers a soap-opera saga feel for me....because this series always keeps me waiting! I want more like yesterday...cuz, this series is still waaaay wickly sweet.
Boyboygirllove
Okay...so you know you LOVE a book when all you think about is when you are going to be able to steal a few minutes to pick it up again to see what's going to happen next!!!

Quinn's Need was the kind of sequel that you only hope for when you meet characters as addicting as Lorcan and Quinn. There are moments in the book where you feel every kind of emotion...and then because SJD likes to torture us...he throws in a huge plot twist that has us re-evaluating everything we thought:)

In the end, the
Jewel
Quinn's Need picks up about a year after Lorcan's Desire leaves off. Most of the characters are caught between the person they really want to be with and the person they can actually have. No one is as happy as they could be, but they are doing the best that they can. And, of course, most of the drama here could have been avoided if Lorcan and Quinn would have just talked to each other in the previous book because now, they are both caught up in events that end up spiraling out of control. They ...more
Fani *loves angst*
A year has passed since their separation but Quinn has only recently started getting over Lorcan, and Lorcan though in love with Jess, hasn't completely forgotten Quinn either. Quinn tries to escape his need for Lorcan by visiting a BDSM club once a week, where he plays the Dom type, the one who never begs but is always in control. It is in that club that he meets Ty, and their sexual relationship gradually turns into one of friendship and affection as well. It is at this point however, that Lor ...more
Susan
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2012, mm-read
Debra
These books have totally sucked me in. Sexy ranchers and angst out my eyeballs. It's almost like a soap opera where the one character you like in the beginning, you start to hate around the middle.

The lives of Quinn, Lorcan and Jess are turned upside down in this one as Lorcan and Jess return to town a year after they left, in order to take over Jess's family ranch. Quinn has found an outlet for dealing with the pain of Lorcan's leaving him, but he has never really dealt with it. Jess is willin
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, mm
3.5 stars. I really disliked Quinn after the first book. I'm still not a huge fan after this book for many reasons, though he has made vast improvements.

The one thing I dislike about these is that the various issues seem to be way more drawn out than they need to be. I find myself begging for things to just move on.

Jess broke my heart, even if I disagreed with the way he treated Lorcan. Lorcan wants it all and doesn't or is unable to give up any of it. Drives me a little nuts that he continues
Becky Condit
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars!

Ms. Peterson is skilled at character development as well as plot sequence. I thought some parts of this story dragged a little bit but it wasn’t distracting enough to make me not enjoy the book. Overall, this is a beautifully written book about tortured men who are trying to find their way to happiness and discover that they may need some help. It is a very interesting take on how a man discovers that he is a Dom but doesn’t have the slightest understanding what that is or how to bec
Amber
May 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't like Lorcan in the first one I don't like Quinn in the second one. They both "love" each other but can seem to find their collective asses with both hands. Both characters hurt other people, are totally clueless, and more than a little selfish. I don't think I've met a MC couple I dislike more. The only interesting part was the BDSM and it just couldn't make up for the rest.
Silkeeeeeereads
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh the tangle web we weave when we run due to fear.  It takes twice the pain and length of time to fix the things we broke due to fear.  This is a story about the fixing.
Nagisa Furukawa
Mar 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Now we're talking...
I started reading this series for Ty and Blake's sake only. The first wasn't interesting, this one got a bit better because of Ty, I'm having high hopes for Ty's Obsession. ^^
L-D
ACK! Okay, this second book in the series was just as traumatizing (if not more so) than the first book. In the last book, Quinn loses Lorcan to Jess and Lorcan and Jess leave for their HEA. This is upsetting ALL AROUND because everyone knows that Lorcan doesn't love Jess the way he loves Quinn. Lorcan knows it, Jess knows it, we as readers know it - it's just a friggin' hot mess. So I was not happy. In THIS book, it's more of the same but it's worse because now Quinn drags poor Ty into his shit ...more
Christy
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As much as I adore Jo Peterson, and her writing, I've been holding off on reading Quinn's story. Mainly because I read this book many years ago, and it devastated me then. Even though I know the outcome of this novel, the thought of putting myself back through this emotional wringer, voluntarily no less, had me almost cringing. Then I reminded myself that 'Quinn's Need' and each book in the series truly deserves the best review I can write, so I grabbed the tissues and opened my reader.

"He’d com

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Oh My God… this is… I just… I am freaking
Larena
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Quinn Taylor has spent the past year trying to deal with the fact that Lorcan James moved away. Quinn has used the work that needs to be done on his ranch as one way of dealing with his loss and escaping to a club that deals in the world of BDSM has helped him handle his emotions. Quinn now makes others beg him instead of doing the begging himself. He is determined that no one will ever get him to beg them again.

Lorcan James is back in Pegasus and while his feelings for Quinn haven’t changed he
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Laura by: Seiran
Shelves: kink, yuck, cowboys, so-sad
Ugh. So I have very few "off" switches when I read. You know, those things that immediately throw you out of the story. One I do have is cheating. Even if there was no sex, I believe you end one relationship before you go into (or get back with) another. I hated how selfish Lorcan and Quinn were. I get it - they were fated to be together and they never stopped loving each other. TOUGH! Act like men and deal with the relationships you are in before jumping back together.

(view spoiler)
Lynn
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sad, happy, heart-wrenching, sweet, lovely... that about sums it up.
When Lorcan and Jess move back to town, Lorcan is slammed in the face with his feelings for Quinn that he has tried to bury for the past year. When Lorcan and Jess's relationship hits an unexpected rough patch, Lorcan's feelings for Quinn really begin to invade his thoughts.
Lorcan, Quinn and Jess are all forced to take a good look at their relationships and their feelings for one another. Are Lorcan's loyalty and love for his b
S
Can your first love be a forever love?

Lorcan has been gone from Whispering Pines for a year. And yet, neither Lorcan nor Quinn is ready to close each other off from their lives. Each has dealt with the separation in different ways - Lorcan finding peace and acceptance in Jess' arms, and Quinn finding an outlet for his control issues at the local leather daddy club The Push.

Quinn's Need is the continuation of Lorcan and Quinn's story, and on the surface appears to be an erotic tale of angst and
Terry
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: western
Lakeisha
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: m/m loving and cowboys
My feelings over-powered my logical thinking reading this book. Firstly the last book had me biased towards the Mc's; Lorcan and Quinn, I was rightly pissed at the outcome of the last book, debated 30 mins whether to read the next in the series or not (although I had all three) and my desire to throw my reading device at the wall was evident in 45% of the plot. The reader or rather my desire to see the Lorcan and Quinn together stems from my Happy-ever-after syndrome (not treatable), this despic ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Red Skies
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • Worth the Coming Home (Love's Value, #1)
  • Love, Like Water
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
  • Stained Glass
  • A Volatile Range (Range, #6)
  • Earth and Sky (Clouds and Rain #2)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • The Law of Desire (Encounters, #1)
  • Caregiver
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #3)
  • Seeing You
  • Three Traders (Falls Chance Ranch #2)
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • Bound by Love
It's been an amazing journey since DSP first contracted Lorcan's Desire in January 2011. I've published 2 free reads with the M/M Romance group, my back list is growing, met some great people and have made some amazing friends.
I'm still in shock that I'm listed among the many talented authors at Dreamspinner Press! The little voice in the back of my head is screaming, "You are so out of your leagu

Whispering Pines Ranch (5 books)
  • Lorcan's Desire (Whispering Pines Ranch, #1)
  • Ty's Obsession (Whispering Pines Ranch, #3)
  • Conner's Courage (Whispering Pines Ranch, #4)
  • Jess's Journey (Whispering Pines Ranch, #5)