Start by marking “Stuff” as Want to Read:
Stuff

Stuff

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Edward loves his Stuff more than anything . . .

. . . until he gets buried beneath it.

Edward has a lot of Stuff—too much Stuff. Soon the Stuff takes over his house. But will Edward agree to part with his Stuff before it’s too late?

Stuff is Margie Palatini and Noah Z. Jones’s hilarious story about the stuff that counts and the stuff that’s just, well, . . . Stuff.
Published September 20th 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuff

Elisabeth
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Almost every parent I know thinks their kid has too much stuff. I'm sure most parents thinks THEY have too much stuff. This will be a good way to get the "things alone will not make you happy" message across. This was also a nice comeback from the "Hogg, Hogg & Hog" weirdness.
Kate Hastings
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Grades Pre-K to 3. Edward has lots of stuff. Material stuff. Even his stuff had stuff. Eventually it gets out of control and he is in danger of losing the stuff he needs most--friends. Great for discussions about materialism and needs vs. wants.
Edward Sullivan
Oct 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I kept thinking of George Carlin as I read this story. As Thoreau wrote: "Simplify! Simplify!" Edward eventually realizes the wisdom of those words.
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Reader beware! A cautionary tale about hoarding. It's never too early to hear that message.
Kelly
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good lordy, this was cute! Edward is basically a hoarder. But an adorable one.
Janette Fuller
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Edward had all kinds of stuff. His house was full of stuff. His friends no longer came to visit Edward because his house was packed full of his stuff. He wanted to spend time with the stuff instead of his friends.

One day a big truck drove down the street in front of Edward's house and caused it to shake. All the stuff in the house collapsed and trapped Edward inside. He had a tiny space to stay that was surrounded by stuff.

Edward's friends were worried about him. They dug through the stuff in th
Matthew
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story of a hoarding rabbit, this is one of those books that looks like it's going to be cute, but ends up exploring something that's really serious. The rabbit goes through a lot, including alienating his friends in favor of spending time with his stuff, only to have his stuff collapse on him and very nearly kill him. Thank goodness it doesn't take any darker turns than that. The rabbit comes to appreciate that he has to change his ways and stop caring more about his stuff than about the fri ...more
Jj
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked the story and much enjoyed the illustrations in this book. I like the funny tone of this tale about a rabbit who has lost control of his ability to handle STUFF in his life. I thought this was a great way to address the issue of hoarding for a young audience. Whatever people may say to the contrary, it is a mental illness and should be treated as such. Some kids will identify with the main character and his hoarding, some will recognize a family member or acquaintance. The issue is handl ...more
Christine
Nov 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Edward has too much stuff! It’s interfering with his life, but does he care? No! He loves his stuff! It isn’t until disaster strikes that Edwards learns that there are more important things than just stuff.
I don’t have a lot of stuff to say about Stuff by Margie Palatini. I chose this book because I have really enjoyed Palatini’s other books, but I didn’t feel that this one quite measured up. Stuff was cute and clever but it just lacked that little something to make it memorable. Stuff has a ti
Sandy
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Don't know how I feel about this one. Is it a good thing to have a book about hoarding for kids or is it "stuff shaming". On one hand I can see where it tells kids that it can be unhealthy to collect so much stuff that when a polluting truck comes through the neighborhood you can get buried under all of it. But on the other hand if the kid has so much stuff it's not usually the fault of the kid and then to say just get rid of it. For some people it's not so easy to do that. I did like the two li ...more
Dona
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Stuff, stuff, shctuff, stuff--Sadly, I could relate to Edwards plight and the blight that it brought upon him. Poor Edward was stuffed with his stuff. Happily, he learns that stuff is just stuff and there is so much more to life. Cute book with fun illustrations. A great one to read to your 6 and 8 year-old (and everyone else) to motivate them to de-own, de-clutter, de-junk and de-stuff! (Clearly this book hit a nerve.)
Deb Tyo
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Perhaps I could relate too much to this book as I think my children have too much 'stuff'.

STUFF would be a cute read-aloud to my sixth graders as they like to use the word 'stuff' in their writing. I could point out that the only time when overusing this word actually works is in this picture book!
Regina
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Don't we all have too much stuff?
Aren't we all guilty of being so distracted by our "stuff" that we forget to enjoy our friends and even just being outside for fun?
This was really Palatini's point with this short tale of Edward the bunny, who has more stuff than he has space. So much stuff, that he's soon trapped by it. (Hoarder's anyone?).
Kim Patton
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Edward has so much stuff, he doesn't have time for anything else in his life. As his stuff keeps growing and growing, he becomes so overcome by it he must get his friends to help m sell his stuff so he then has time for the important things, kike playing with his friends.
Lori
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
The book is probably too much for my preschoolers but would work well with older groups. Great way to get a little spiel about materialism in a non preach way. But I just have to say, whoever first pitched the idea of a picture book about hoarders...go you!
Kelly
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is like Hoarders for the elementary school crowd.

Stuff should be a fun read-aloud that could show students how little material things really matter...except books, that is. They can never have too many books!
Sharon Lawler
Edward has so much "stuff", he no longer has room for friends, and learns which stuff is important and which is not. Funny story which can be appropriate for kids, especially those with messy school desks!
Larecia
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Moral of this story is that all the "stuff" in the world cannot replace your friends and cannot keep you company. Moral, you should never put "stuff" or possessions before those in your life that really care about you.
Wendy Garland
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it
This story takes a lighter look at hoarding. Edward the rabbit loves STUFF and can't live without it (that is until he is forced to live WITH it). Edward's friends are a trusty bunch that want to see him succeed and stand by him.
Xiaohui Yang
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
拥有就是负担。。。
Michelle
Mar 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A children's book version of the television show Hoarders.
Linda
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Typical Palatini humor with a lesson for the hoarder buried inside all of us! Lots of details in the pictures to interest the repeat reader!
Katie
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
He he he, a book for future hoarders? Or hoarders' children? Or just for kids who have trouble un-collecting STUFF.
Michelle Nero
Dec 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Stuff gets in the way of all the good stuff. A good message for kids who just seem to need more stuff.
Michael
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Awesome book with a great, needed message. Illustrations are charming and the vocabulary is varied and interesting.
Mr. George
Apr 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: src-2012
it is like the show "hoarders" genre but for prek-1 grade
Molly
Fun story- but if I thought it might make my sloppy 6-year-old thing about picking up after himself...I was wrong!
Megan
Oct 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
I only gave this one star because the illustrations were a teensy bit redeeming. Palatini dropped the ball on this tale of hoarders for little ones!
Chelsea Weide
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Okay book that shows that you don't need things to make you happy, you need friends and family. This book shows that, but leaves out the family side of it.
Wendy Kuzma
Sep 30, 2011 rated it liked it
There is a lesson for all of us in this book on hoarding.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »