Start by marking “Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1)

Read Excerpt

Time Between Us

(Time Between Us #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  10,007 ratings  ·  1,488 reviews
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs,
Published October 9th 2012 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Time Between Us, please sign up.
Casey (caseydillabooks) It's set primarily in Evanston, Illinois in 1995
Zee there are 2 books the second one is called time after time! and it is from Bennett's POV! just fyi

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants a sweet and straight-forward love story without all of the ridiculousness.

4.5 stars. If you put The Time Traveler's Wife, The Lake House, and The Butterfly Effect into a blender with an extra helping of sweetness, you'd come out with something similar to Time Between Us.
If only we were separated by this distance. But we're not. We're separated by this distance plus seventeen years.

Funny thing is, I wasn't a huge fan of Time Traveler's Wife, yet I still loved Time Between Us. It was just what I'd been looking for in YA/NA contemporaries ever since reading Anna and
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
LOOK!! A 5 STAR! LOOK IT'S BEAUTIFUL REALLY UGGHHH PURE FEELS RIGHT HERE

description

Where do I even start???! I just LOVE this book so much. I miss this kind of feeling towards a book. When you love it so much you can't help but gush and gush about it. That's what I'm about to do right now. So please, be ready for that.

So. Time Between Us is a love story. A time travel love story. I don't really have a good record on time traveling books, I think the last book I've read with the same plot line is The He

Katy
Sep 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book received SO many raving reviews, and I feel like I'm the odd one out. But to sum it all up, I just didn't get it. I think this book had a lot of potential, but there were just too many holes and inconsistencies.

Out of all the young adult time travel books I have read, I think this book impressed me the least. And you know that a book is unmemorable when you sit down to write a review a few days later, and you have already forgotten a lot of what you have read.

Since I'm not sure how muc
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5 stars

One of the most gorgeous romances I've read in 2012.

Summary: Anna is a 16-year old living in Evanston, Illinois in 1996. Bennett is a 16-year old time-traveler who exists in San Francisco in 2012. At the beginning of the novel, a woman (whom we can easily presume is 32-year old Anna) goes to Bennett in San Francisco and gives him a letter. As you can already tell, this is a love that will be fraught with problems.

Anna and Bennett meet for the first time in 1996 when she sees
Stacee
In my opinion, an excellent time travel book that didn't have me confused with the "when" in the story. There wasn't a time stamp before each chapter started, there weren't 473957292 versions of the main characters floating around.

There was an amazingly swoony boy and the girl he absolutely adores. And it was phenomenal.

Also? Dibs on Bennett. :D
Ari

If you are an avid reader you know that there are some books that call for you. Books that you see on the selves of some library or someplace on the Internet and they try to seduce you, they creep into your mind and you feel compelled to get them.

I felt the same about this book. I saw the beautiful cover and I knew that I had to have this book, I read the description and I knew that I needed to read it.

To be completely honest, I had 2 previous attempts to start it before I finally read it from
Molli Moran

Have you ever read a book that filled something inside you that you didn't even know was empty, opened your eyes to aspects of your own life that needed reexamining? Have you ever sat for long moments after finishing a book, letting the emotions it brought to your surface swell inside you until they crash over you, like a wave? Have you ever missed the characters you were reading about, because they meant so much to you? If so, then you know what my experience reading Time Between Us was like.
Jessica's Book Review
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

UPDATE: 11/7/2012

The author messaged me on Amazon letting me know there IS going to be a second book with the SAME characters!!! I am upping my rating to a 4 star from 3 star rating because she said my questions will be answered!

10/2012 Review

Okay here is my dilemma. I wanted to LOVE this book, I love the idea of time traveling and falling in love with someone from the future (or the past for Bennett’s case), and being with someone who you weren’
BookLover
I am a sucker for anything time travel related. Because of this, I had a feeling I would love this book. AND I DID! !

I loved Anna and Bennett. The prologue completely hooked me. While reading and enjoying the story unfold, I was constantly trying to piece it together. And the ending was perfect!

I am both nervous and excited to read the next book. Sequels are always tricky for me. They have the ability to mess with my happiness from the first book. I’m hoping that won’t be the case with this one
Cynn
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it

Primero y principal, al leer la sinopsis, me hizo acordar mucho a la historia de "The time traveler's wife" pero no, a pesar de algunas cuestiones es una historia totalmente diferente. Ésta es la historia de dos personas que no tenían que conocerse . Ahora, comencemos...

En Time Between Us nos encontramos con la historia de Anna Greene,una atleta,hija única que sueña con conocer el mundo. Todas las mañanas, antes de irse al instituto,sale a correr por entretenimiento. Un día de invierno, ve a un
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Anna runs at the track at Northwestern every morning. One morning she sees a guy smiling and watching her and then when she turns around he is gone. That guy happens to be the new boy at school Bennett. Strange thing is he swears he has never been to Northwestern and wasn't watching her. Anna knows she saw him and swears he recognizes her name but keeps pushing her away. Bennett runs hot and cold but Anna feels very drawn to him.

While working in the book store Anna is held at knife point and the
Arlene
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Time Between Us is a refreshingly unique love story that falls into a YA sub-genre rarely ventured by authors in this space. I’ve had the opportunity to read a few time travel books, and have enjoyed them quite a bit. However, to find one in my preferred YA genre is definitely an exception. It seems to be a sub-genre that YA authors choose not to tackle, so when I came across Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone; I was excited to dive right in. I truly enjoyed this book and found it both matc ...more
Anna Casanovas
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Al principio me costó un poco meterme en la historia, pero de repente un día me di cuenta de que quizá el "problema" era la traducción. No digo que sea horrible, la traducción, no lo es, pero en mi modesta opinión hay construcciones un poco raras. Dejé el libro y me lo compré en inglés y me ha encantado.
"Time between us" es una novela súper romántica con un aire muy cinematográfico y con momentos muy dulces. Personalmente, el tema de los viajes en el tiempo me cuesta un poco cuando no son en pl
Jasprit
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time Between Us was a gorgeously written story that deals with falling in love, making choices and if we decide to choose things differently how would this end up affecting our lives in a major way? I’m probably not making much sense right now as I’ve just finished reading the last page of this gem of a book, but in Time Between Us Tamara Ireland Stone develops a sweet relationship between two characters and sprinkles it with a special time travel twist.

Time Between Us went way beyond what I wa
Hari ~Brekker-Maresh~
Oh my... This is gonna be bad. Full review up now, more than a month later, yes, deal with it.

Okay look!! Another unpopular rating!! Big surprise!!!! No, I'm not actually being sarcastic.. I usually LOVE books like this....

But this? Seriously? 1.5. Like.. MAX.

The only reason I read this book was because of the author. Tamara Ireland Stone. Back in 2015, she wrote one of my FAVORITE books. Every Last Word. Ahh... Most of us LOVED that book, remember?

So, yeah. 2015. Totally amazing. 2012? Not s
Markéta
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!****

TIME BETWEEN US was a cross between Time traveller's wife and Jumper with bit of Butterfly Effect thrown into it.

Bennett can jump from one place to another and he can also travel in time as long as he was alive at that time.

Anna lives in 1995, she has an intense need inside of her - she wants to travel the world. She craves an adventure. Her monotonous life is interupted when a new student comes. Bennett is bit weird. He has way too long hair and he doesn't really want to socialize.
Sandra
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"I don't think I can go back to a life without you."
My face goes blank and I just stare at him. " What are you saying?"

"I'm saying...I'm completely in love with you. And...I'm wondering...what if I didn't leave, after all?

Loving someone from a distance is hard.
What's even harder is when distance is not the only thing that is keeping you apart.
But also TIME.

Anna was not expecting to meet the guy she saw at the track on one of her classes.
Bennett was the new boy at school and she was positive that
Maxi
Mar 07, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
¡¿Me explicás por qué la portada es tan HORROROSA?!

A esa chica le falta un cacho de cara a mí no me jodan.
Jay G
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

Anna is living in Chicago in 1995 when she meets a boy named Bennett. Bennett is from the year 2012 but has the ability to time travel. They were never supposed to meet, but now that they have their lives change forever.

I'm not 100% sure how to feel about this book, it was just average in my opinion. The characters were relateable, but I didn't really care about what happened to any of
Leigh Collazo

More reviews from Mrs. ReaderPants.

REVIEW: Sigh. With all the glowing reviews I've seen on Goodreads, I had high hopes for this one. Poorly-paced with boring characters and plenty of melodrama, Time Between Us was "okay" at best and royally irritating at worst. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it, either. I thought about abandoning it several times, but I stuck it out because of the glowing reviews. If you are currently reading it and love it, then please carry on and ignore my review.
Anna (Literary Exploration)
More of my reviews can be found on my blog: Literary Exploration

When I first found out about Time Between Us I was so excited. Not only is the main character's name, Anna (like me!!), but time travel?! Yes please! I've even had the pleasure of meeting Tamara at a few local events, since she's a local author, so I was incredibly excited to dive in. Not only are the characters amazingly real, but the story itself is breathtaking. It definitely reminded me of The Time Traveler's Wife which is one o
May
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
El tiempo entre nosotros es la primera parte de una bilogía juvenil que tiene una historia bonita, fresca, original y que emocionará a más de una lectora. Es una bilogía que desde que la vi me llamó muchísimo la atención, que tiene unas ediciones preciosas y que al fin he tenido la oportunidad de leerla.
Esta novela, como os comentaba, tiene una trama y una historia muy bonita. La historia trata sobre la relación que se da en torno a Bennett y Anna, cómo dos épocas diferentes encajan y sobreviven
Colleen Houck
It's rare for me to add a contemporary book to my list of recommendations and, yes, I know, this one isn't strictly contemporary. There's an element of magic to it. I love the sweet romance. It reminds me of the movie Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour and if you haven't seen that one yet, add it to your list of movies to watch. Picked up book two immediately.
Syndi
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it is a good concept, i give u that. but the writing is too melancolic to my taste. and bit dragging.

the plot, and climax can be better. but i give 3 stars for the concept of the sotry alone.
Jaime Arkin
4.5 stars!!

I can admit it... I haven't really read a lot of time travel books, so I was a bit leery going into this. I don't know what I was thinking. I absolutely loved it.

Anna lives in 1995 in Chicago.

Bennett lives in 2012 in San Francisco.

They were never supposed to meet.

Bennett has an incredible ability to travel through time. There are a few catches to the whole process, but as long as he stays within the years he's been alive, he's never had any trouble, and I thought this was a wonderfu
Laura's Book Addiction
What happens if you meet and fell in love with a boy who you should have never meet?????
Anna and Bennett where never surppose to meet she is Sixteen living in Chicago in 1995. He is Seventeen living in San Fancissco in 2012.

Anna and Bennett's story is a pure pleasure to read. Tamara Ireland Stone hooked me in to her amazing time traveling love story and broke my heart within the first three pages and I didn't stop reading til the end.

The relonship between Anna and Bennett is touching and shows h
Margie aka The Bumble Girl
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Such an original and believable time-travel-love story!

Bennett travels through time, and usually he does it for fum. But this time, there is a reason he has to go back, and ends up in Anna's time. As much as he tries to stay away, tries to remain unnoticed by all so he doesn't disturb "history", is there a possibility that things happened for a reason? Was he meant to come here? To meet her?
Anna goes to a private school where everyone is the majority of the students are privileged own cars and
Esmeralda Verdú
El tiempo entre nosotros cuenta una historia realmente bonita, original y amena. Una lectura más que recomendable para los amantes de los romances tiernos y de los viajes en el tiempo. En ocasiones la autora ha conseguido tocar mi fibra sensible -creo que la mía lo es demasiado- y emocionarme. El final me ha parecido un poco precipitado, pero al fin y al cabo, la historia ha terminado tal y como esperaba. Lo que me ha sorprendido es saber que la autora está escribiendo una continuación de esta h ...more
Emily Hainsworth
I want to time travel to 2012 just so I can squee with more people about TIME BETWEEN US! It's a sweet romantic journey perfect for curling up with under the covers and losing yourself. In full disclosure, I am friends with Tamara Ireland Stone, but that simply gives me another reason to love her book even more!

Anna Greene has dreamed of traveling her whole life, but she's barely left the borders of her home state, Illinois. She knows there's something mysterious about Bennett Cooper when she m
Kari
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it

I have't read The Time Travelers Wife but I imagine this book has some connective threads. I don't have time to write a full review now, but let's just say I've gone back to re-read the last chapter a couple times already and that I think that Bennett is going on my list of YA Boys That I Love (along with Four from DIVERGENT/INSURGENT and Cash from SHUT OUT). :-)
Time between us:movie 6 33 Mar 30, 2017 02:54PM
  • Send Me a Sign
  • Touching the Surface
  • Blind Spot
  • Velveteen
  • Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1)
  •  Death of a Kleptomaniac
  • Who I Kissed
  • Flutter
  • So Close to You (So Close to You, #1)
  • A Breath of Eyre (Unbound, #1)
  • Pretty Crooked (Pretty Crooked, #1)
  • Mystique
  • My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
  • Breaking Beautiful
  • Survive
  • Out of Reach
TAMARA IRELAND STONE writes young adult and middle grade novels. Her New York Times bestseller, Every Last Word, won the Cybils Young Adult Fiction Award, the Georgia Peach Book Award, the Buxtehuder Bulle German Youth Literature Award, and was a YALSA Teens’ Top Ten pick. She is also the author of Time Between Us, which has been published in over twenty countries; its sequel, Time After Time; and ...more

Time Between Us (2 books)
  • Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)
“I, for one, am ready for a lot more adventure and a lot less nothing.” 71 likes
“I don’t stay anywhere. I visit. I observe. I leave. I don’t ever stay.”

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this information. Tell him to leave? Tell him to stay? But I don’t have time to consider any other alternatives, because he scoots in closer and brings his hands to my face, and I fall back into the bookcase as he kisses me with this intensity—like he wants to be here, and if he kisses me just long enough, deeply enough, none of what he just said will actually be true.”
34 likes