Start by marking “Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  24,379 Ratings  ·  1,597 Reviews
The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to take control. There is something twisted about this death, something that whispers of centuries long past...but Dmitri's need to discover the truth is nothing to the vicious strength of his response ...more
Audio CD
Published September 6th 2011 by Tantor Media (first published May 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Blade, please sign up.

Solaris For Archangel's Blade, Raphaelena don't make many appearances in this book. Dmitri's arc has him pondering on a few things concerning Raphael and…moreFor Archangel's Blade, Raphaelena don't make many appearances in this book. Dmitri's arc has him pondering on a few things concerning Raphael and Elena here and there, from his viewpoint---and Honor hers; but otherwise, archangel and hunter angel are very much on the sidelines here.

Archangel's Storm is good and more oriented toward the overall series theme and plot---but since I love Jason, I liked this book. And Raphaelena make a few more but albeit brief appearances with their POV arcs! :)

*How are these two books relevant to the overall story of Raphael and Elena? My impression is that part of it is to show how since Raphael changed from being alone and unreachable, to finding love and a mate, that is now subsequently affecting the single males of his Seven to finding lasting loving relationships as well. (Galen breaks that theme, though, since he's already been with Jessamy for the long haul. But otherwise, yeah.)

Hope this is helpful! (less)

Jilly
Remember how I always say that I like alpha men as long as they don't cross that line into dick-dom? Well, Dmitri crosses that line and then dances in dick territory while flipping me off. Yeah, I pretty much wanted to kill him this whole book.

Yes. While I was reading this book, this seemed like the most rational response..

So, instead of focusing on Elena and Raphael during this book, we get to have a story about Dmitri, Rapael's second and a vampire. Dmitri has always been a total dick to Elena
Catherine
I’ve tried to figure out how to write my review honestly without giving spoilers, but I just can’t. My major dislike involved a plot point that I would consider to be a spoiler, so be wary and don’t read it unless you really want to know.

Dmitri, I’m happy to say, is still the same guy we first saw in Angels’ Blood. He’s wicked and naughty, and still has that disturbing vein of cruelty. He was, I have to admit, one of the members of the Seven that I was least interested in, but I really got to kn
Choko
*** 4 ***

Another Wednesday, another UF-PNR gem for the BB&B's.

Dmitri. Really, Nalini? From all the wonderful and fascinating characters you could have gone with for the fourth book of the series and you choose Dmitri??? The one obviously sick, deprived, misogynistic, and antipathetic vampire whom we all wonder why Raphael is tolerating as his second? Wow! I actually thought that Nalini had lost her mind and had decided to commit series suicide with this choice for a leading man. And even wo
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Almost rated this 2 stars, but then we got to the ending and it was so retardedly cheesy that it's now 1 star. Let's list all the ways I hated this book.

1. Dmitri is an asshole and I haven't liked his stupid vampire ass since book 1. I had little to no hope that he'd be worthy of a book and pull his head out of his ass for a beloved. I was right, he's still a douche, even when in love. His crappy personality doesn't change.

2. Who the hell pairs up a BDSM evil vampire (Dmitri) with a Hunter (Ho
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
After reading Jilly's and Kate's reviews, I am not going to bother continuing this series. I only gave book one 2 stars anyway. Dmitri was the only character I was intrigued by, but he sounds like a total douche bag in this. :(

Katie(babs)
Let me start by saying that Archangel’s Blade may be Nalini Singh’s best work to date and quite possibly her best hero she's created with the vampire Dmitri. Yes, ladies and gentleman, while I read Archangel’s Blade I forgot about my favorite Singh character, Kaleb, from Nalini’s Psy/Changeling series. Now that’s something astonishing because out of all Nalini's male characters, Kaleb is the end all and be all for me (Lucas Hunter from Slave to Sensation comes in a close second). Dmitri is unlik ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Solid 4.5 Stars

Read with the Wednesday UF crew at Buddies Books & Baubles

Dmitri’s book….I thought that his character had the most growth potential so far and I was not wrong. Were/Are you scared to read Dmitri’s book because in the first three he seemed like an unapologetic arrogant ass? I mean his actions thus far towards Elena have made him questionable in my eyes but then there is that fierce devotion to Raphael he has so I always felt that he couldn’t be all bad.

Well well well I was not
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I am amazed by this book. I had been looking forward to it but Dmitri was actually my least favourite of Raphael's Seven so it was more a case of reading this one to get to the next one. Which me brings me back to the amazement. I loved this book and it is actually my favourite in the whole series so far.

Dmitri in the previous books is lethal and beautiful, sensual and cruel and in this book he is no different, he is all those things, but he is also more. You see a different side and you see how
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

WOW! Once again I bow at the altar of Nalini Singh. Seriously, she is an author goddess who has created not one, but two amazing, unique series that I love. Archangel’s Blade is another phenomenal read that I devoured in one sitting and savored like the finest dark chocolate, which is fitting with a complex hero like Dmitri.

Vampire Dmitri is in two words...sexual chocolate. He’s dark, alluring, enigmatic, seductive, dangerous, addictive, powerful, ruthless, sensual
Dia
Mar 19, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I hope Nalini Singh brings Elena and Raphael back in her 5th book... Its not that I wouldn't love to read Dmitri's story (4th book) but I kind of got attached to Elena and Raphael <3... I want to know how they "get along" with Raphaels Mom... :)) and I realy, realy, realy want to know if there will be a little Raphelena xD... Them having a baby would be such an amazing development to the story (in my opinion) :)
But nonetheless... I'm waiting excitedly for this talentet writer to bring out her
A Million More Pages: 4 - Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter): Jul 20 19 14 Jul 30, 2015 10:36AM
Nalini Singh Fans: Archangels Blade (# 4) 125 293 Jul 21, 2015 08:45AM
Does this happen in your library ? 8 81 Apr 30, 2014 01:33AM
Am I the only one? 31 446 Jan 23, 2014 10:51AM
Nothing But Readi...: Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4) by Nalini Singh - Start Date August 12 26 82 Aug 18, 2012 11:21AM
  • Demon Marked (The Guardians, #7)
  • Angels Of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea #3.5; Psy-Changeling #0.6; Iron Seas #0.5)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Burning Skies (Guardians of Ascension, #2)
  • Lucas (Vampires In America, #6)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Sookie Stackhouse #9.2; Guild Hunter #0.5; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #17; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • An Unexpected Guest (Guild Hunter #9.1)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
I will love you even when I am dust on the wind. 269 likes
“Ever had a woman say no to you, Dmitri?”

“Once.” He turned the corner with a smile that made her want to cup his face, trace those beautiful lips with her own. “I married her.”
187 likes