Start by marking “The Traveler's Gift / Mastering the Seven Decisions” as Want to Read:
The Traveler's Gift / Mastering the Seven Decisions

The Traveler's Gift / Mastering the Seven Decisions

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  385 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Traveler's Gift and Mastering the 7 Decisions is authored by Andy Andrews and bundled into a 2-in-1 collection.
Published September 1st 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

Be the first to ask a question about The Traveler's Gift / Mastering the Seven Decisions

Stefani
Nov 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, it made for a good book club discussion. We don't usually laugh that much reading the blurbs about the book. I was greatly relieved everyone else in the book club felt the same as I did....that this book was a waste of time.
Melanie
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, fiction
Silly unrealistic frame tale about some guy who has a lame life and then, in a botched suicide attempt, travels through time to hear lessons about success. Kind of George Bailey-ish. We find out that he will end up wildly successful and that his boss who laid him off will go out of business in some sort of Christian karma.
Decisions:
6) Being compassionate and forgiving
7) Persisting without exception
Emily
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by a friend and although the story is not wonderful, the seven decisions for success were great and I agree with them for the most part. I gave it four stars because although the story wasn't great, the author kept the writing light and I didn't feel bogged down. I am glad I read it, but wouldn't recommend it for everyone.
Linda
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
yes the story was similar to Scrooge, but if you have ever lost a job, had sick children and felt your back against the wall and were tempted to wallow in self pity, this is a great book to lift you out.

I wish these principals were taught from birth to all children. What a different society we would have.
Nancy
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book very much. Call it lame, cheesy, etc. But all in all, given the historical figures each decision was based from, made it very inspirational and gave you something to think about in your own life. It made you realize how important a role all of the advice passed on could affect your own life, if applied. It was very easy reading. Read it in one sitting.
Brent Keck
Jul 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and enjoyable approach to covering Andrews' seven decisions to personal success. A kind of mix between It's a Wonderful Life and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I finished this in one sitting, couldn't wait to see how Andrews expressed through historical figures each successive decision.
Larene
Nov 18, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't agree with some of the "7 decisions that determine personal success". It was corny and the ending was lame.
It was interesting to learn about the story of Joshua Chamberlain and I'd like to read a bio about him.
Donna
One of my favorite books, ever-- and a perfect gift book for graduation, encouragement, thanks. The lessons of wisdom that come from those who have made this life journey ahead of me are always of great value. It gets a 20 on a 10 in my scale of approval!
Jayme
Jul 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although certain aspects of this book are cheesy and somewhat of a self-help cliché, I enjoyed time traveling with the narrator and learning principles to live by in order to lift your life out of mediocrity and live with passion and purpose.
Anjanette Merriweather
This book was very inspirational, whether you are spiritual or not. I really liked how the author used these historical figures to get the message across. It was very creative. This book is an easy read, I read it in one day.
Matthew
Well, what can I say about this book. If you are looking for a good story this is not it; if you want historical accuracy, this is not it; but it does have some good personal improvement gems, though could have been delivered in a much better manner.
Lenorek
A good book to read if you want some inspirational ideas for personal success. The story and plot isn't what makes this book good, it is the advice and wisdom provided by the "special" guests that show up in the book.
Kathleen
This would be soooooo much better if it were edited, edited, edited! Use the historical figures, keep the (edited!) "decisions" and forego the cheesy story and inflated alter-ego ending. Could be a very inspirational pamphlet or pocket book.
Jackie
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Loved this book! I have read it a few times since 2002, and I find it so facinating.
Tiffany
This is an amazing story, to read what I thought I about this book, go here http://momentsofapiphany.blogspot.com...
Sten Bolander
Liked the historical figures portrayed and the synopsis given for each of the seven decisions. Was surprised by the abrupt ending to the book. Listened to it on CD.
Dan
Dec 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those inspirational self-improvement books. The author pulls in historical characters to teach the life's lesson so it does have some "factional" story to it.
Gail
Aug 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basic, sensible principles...
Wendy Swenson
Mastering the 7 Decisions is a interesting with practical information you can use in everyday life.
Amanda
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a little too hokey for me.
Lisa
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this!
Cindy Journell-Hoch
A life changing read...everyone should read this!!
Renee
Dec 29, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the 7 decisions by themselves but the story is kind of cheesy. I almost felt like I was at an Amway meeting.
Carol
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and highly recommended. He shares 7 decisions that if we follow them will change our lives for the better.....easy to read also!
Pamela Barrett
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good inspirational/motivational book. Perfect to read if your struggling with hardships, feel depressed or need to make a some changes in your life.
Adrian Moraga
Feb 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro ligero de leer que te lleva a conocer a muchos personajes en diferentes tiempos. Entretenido y con mensaje.
Sharon
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!
Liz Furman
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book about 18 times so far, I love it on CD when I am driving or cooking in the kitchen.
Brenda
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to the audio version for a class on finding inner peace. A little hokey but had some good points.
Kelly
May 16, 2011
  • Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)
  • Searching for Eternity
  • The Midwife of St. Petersburg
  • Quilt by Association (Harriet Truman / Loose Threads Mystery #4)
  • Human Learning
  • My Father's World (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #1)
  • Sweet Mercy
  • The Queen's Handmaid
  • Trouble Dolls
  • Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats & Cool Caps
  • Wings Of Morning: The Story Of The Last American Bomber Shot Down Over Germany In World War II
  • Nurturing the Soul of Your Family: 10 Ways to Reconnect and Find Peace in Everyday Life
  • The Life of Ian Fleming
31934
~ Hailed by a New York Times writer as a "modern-day Will Rogers who has quietly become one of the most influential people in America."

~ Spoken at the request of four different U.S. Presidents

~ Every single minute a book by Andy Andrews is sold somewhere in the world!

~ New York Times Bestselling Author of The Noticer and The Traveler's Gift

Source:
More about Andy Andrews...