Start by marking “Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 2 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #2)” as Want to Read:
Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 2 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #2)

Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 2

(Imadoki!: Nowadays #2)

Imadoki! (Nowadays) follows the trials and tribulations of a budding horticulturist as she makes her way down the winding road to friendship. From Yuu Watase, one of Japan's most beloved shoc;jo artists, Imadoki! packs comedic charm and heartfelt antics into an adorable bouquet of whimsical fantasy. It sure isn't easy being a working-class girl attending the most posh high ...more
Published September 14th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Imadoki!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imadoki!

Liz
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really dramatic and it is only the second volume!
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Apr 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Shojo fans, Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous volume
This volume kicks off with Chapter:1-6.

This was one of Watase's more confusing series pertaining to chapters, because every volume starts back at Chapter 1.
The plot is a quick moving one, and doesn't stagnate. The main character Tanpopo(Dandelion) transfers to a top academy in Tokyo from Hokkaido. In the U.S. this would be equivilant to Hickville Alabama public school going to Harvard University. This seems to be a popular theme in manga dealing with bullies, and I love how Tanpopo approaches e
Jessica
Jun 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
its sooo cute how friends first meet in manga. even ones that hate you. and onces you have to watch out for. this book showed me so much. but alot of times still went the long way out and still lost alot.

great read
Evee
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I LIED! Jk I mean my prediction was wrong. So so wrong. Guess the girl isn't SUPER dense after all, she likes the rich guy now. Which honestly is not where I expected this manga to go at all... this is why Special A continues to be one of my favorites, just because the main girl is SO SO dense. Like she's hilarious because she's dense. In this case, though, Tanpop is dense too, but not to that extent. In this volume, we get introduced to Kyogoku, a prodigy in hacking. I don't really know how to ...more
Leila Anani
Tanpopo and Koki try and make the planting committee into an official club but the student council president refuses unless Tanpopo gets rid of the girl hassling him. As Tanpopo tries she finds out that the girl is pregnant and just what a jerk the class president really is. As well as this we have the budding romance between Tanpopo (who got in on a scholarship and is looked down on by everyone) and koki (practically school royalty)

While I prefer Yuu Watase's fantasy stuff there's no denying sh
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay, Arisa makes this volume more interesting. And what's-his'name, Wacko/Psycho etc. Hacking the school and terrorizing the place. Awesome! (view spoiler) Sticking by your friends no matter what, admirable.
Mabomanji
Un peu moins drôle que ses autres séries mais le but de valoriser l'amitié est bien.
Lena
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tamara
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Je suis fan de ce manga :)
Victoria
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Christina
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Classmate and grade-A hacker, Aoi Kyogoku, has just shut down all the power in the school, and trapped Koki and Tanpopo alone together in an elevator. Tanpopo is terribly afraid of the dark AND cramped spaces, so now Koki's chivalry and affections force him to find a way out of the elevator, but meanwhile so much could happen in such close quarters!
Later, in hopes of having just a simple club that has every say-so over the newly planted flowers on the school grounds, Tanpopo and Koki take up the
Natalie
he artwork in Imadoki! is fantastic - this was one of my first manga series and the art immediately drew me in. Yuu Watase utilizes her artwork well: it's rarely (if ever) confusing or ill-placed. Unfortunately, the plot isn't quite as gorgeous as the artwork: poor girl at a rich school crushing on the richest rich boy isn't exactly original, but this volume offers originality in the form of the planting club, which Tanpopo and Koki want to start. Council member Ogata says he'll allow it only i ...more
Rahmah
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, pinjam
Dijilid kali ini muncul tokoh baru, Kyougoku Aoi, Kireta (psycho) yang pengennya dipanggil Kire-chan XD dan juga Uchimura Arisa, ko-gal yang awalnya nyebelin, tapi jadi berteman juga sama Tanpopo. Dikomik Imadoki ini, Kyougoku jadi salah satu favoritku berdua dengan Saionji Tsukiko. Kyougoku agak rese', Tsuki hitung-hitungan mulu kerjanya hahaha (^_^) #klop.

Tanpopo juga mulai menyadari perasaannya terhadap Kugyo. Mungkin setelah insiden di lift jadi berdebar-debar rasanya *lha, jadi lagu mojako*
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tanpopo Yamazaki is a young girl entering Meio Academy, which is a very posh, exclusive school. Almost everyone who attends is a son or daughter of someone rich and/or very powerful. Tanpopo, on the other hand, managed to get in by having excellent grades.

It's somewhat like Boys Over Flowers in that the other students look down on her and treat her in a bad way. Matters get complicated when she meets a boy who appears to be nice (and who happens to be sort of a "big man on campus" type), but who
Victoria
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
I love this series but I do not this volume. Its one of the weakest volumes of any Watase manga that I've read.

This volume introduces two new characters, who are actually great characters, especially Arisa. But even though they are great, how they are introduced to the story is pretty awful. Tanpopo should be pressing charges against Aoi, rather than befriending him, and Arisa doesn't come off much better.

When I decided to re-read this series, I debated skipping this volume. Obviously I decided
Amandeep Johal
enjoyable quite cute and funny.
follows a young student who has just started high school and updates with all her crazy antics. not being the most popular studebt doesnt knock her back as she and her companion (a fox) spend they're days enjoying life. sheds both happy and sad moments i thought this manga was adorable.
Brilliant Hermione
Nyooooooo, nambah lagi satu tokoh yang gendeng sempurna. Kyougoku Aoi, si maniak komputer yang dengan seenaknya mensabotase keamanan sekolah demi membuktikan keunggulan dirinya.

Haissh, interaksi penuh pertengkaran antara Kyougoku dengan Saionji Tsukiko; gadis matre pendengki yang selama ini pura-pura menjadi teman baik Tanpopo bikin saya nggak berhenti ketawa.

Miss Ryoko
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Well, this volume was certainly much better than the first. The characters in this series seem to be super extreme...and it's curious to me how even after they do something awful, they all suddenly just become friends. If only real life actually worked that way.

I was glad to see Koki act like a human being in this volume instead of a complete ass.
Rosa
May 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Life of the young and drama ridden. I never thought I would like a manga like this, but it is very entertaining. I love the new character Kyogoku (Flippy). Although he is most definitely twisted, there is something about him I really like.
Nia
Feb 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: komik, sold
Yamazaki dan Kouki ada yang mengincar di Meoi School tempat mereka sekolah. Dengan rencana matang seseorang, mereka terjebak di dalam lift hanya berdua saja. Seluruh listrik disekolah mati total. Dan dalangnya adalah Kyougoku Aoi, anak arsitek Meoi School yang sangat jago sekali komputer...
Lady Knight
Seeing a lot more character development here, and additional characters that really help flesh the story out. I thought the first one was a little silly, and while there are still silly moments here, overall the story has taken a more serious turn.
Deb
Jun 05, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: shojo fans
Shelves: shojo-josei, manga
A very cutesy, typical shojo plot of a girl who makes friends by sheer force of will with the difficult people around her(and is loved for it in the end).
Jahe
Aug 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TAMBAH KONYOL DARI YANG SEBELUMNYA!! =)) =))
Gw berhasil ngakak di kelas dan nyaris ketauan baca komik ini.
Masperdika
Apr 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
seru...
perjuangan Tanpopo kalo ga slh tkh utamanya yg masuk sekolah, nan elit...

doi pejuang tangguh ya!!!!

menaklukkan siswa dingin ,......

Nides
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: komik
Lupa baca nie Komik kapan, seingetnya sih pas SMA kelas 1, pinjem ke temen kakak. Komik yang tidak bisa dilupakan sampai sekarang keren banget.
Jenn
Feb 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-artbooks
Imadoki Nowadays: Magnolia, Vol 2 by Yuu Watase (2004)
echyrosalia
Feb 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: komik
tanpopo kenal dengan kyogoku si maniak komputer yang pengen menghancurkan meio school..
Sara
Eh, it was ok. Much of this was ridiculous.
Tierra
Mar 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Honestly the series is cute enough. It's okay but it doesn't feel as great as her other series. This book is good if you want to have something lighter.
Jay
Another refreshing read. I think I'm going to have to collect this series. :)
  • Wish, Vol. 02 (Wish, #2)
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 2 (Marmalade Boy, #2)
  • W Juliet, Vol. 5
  • Mars, Vol. 5
  • Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 22 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #22)
  • Red River, Vol. 2 (Red River, #2)
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata

Imadoki!: Nowadays (5 books)
  • Imadoki! Nowadays, Vol. 1 (Imadoki! Nowadays, #1)
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 3 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #3)
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 4 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #4)
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 5 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #5)