Start by marking “Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue & Profit in 3 Years or Less” as Want to Read:
Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue & Profit in 3 Years or Less

Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue & Profit in 3 Years or Less

A step-by-step guide to enjoying the roller-coaster ride of growth - while getting the most out of life as an entrepreneur. A growth-focused approach: The book is divided into three sections, which cover planning for fast growth, building a company for fast growth, and leading for fast growth. Each topic the author covers - from creating a vision for the company's future ...more
Published April 2nd 2011 by Greenleaf Book Group (first published February 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Double Double, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Double

Start your review of Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue & Profit in 3 Years or Less
Mike Thoennes
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I try to rate books as a '5' based on their ability to change my world view or my behavior-'Double Double' has already changed my behavior in my job. This book is chock full of ideas and resources, if you tried one idea per month, it could take you several years to try all the suggestions made by Cameron Herold. It is written to business owners, but I don't doubt that as a Manager I will continue to benefit greatly by some of these suggestions as I eager give them a try, and have adopted at ...more
Mark Manderson
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read with good tidbits.
Top take aways:
Start with vivid vision. Focus on WHERE, not how.

Learn from others R&D (RIPOFF AND DUPLICATE).

Reverse engineer goals and projects by starting with the end!

Employees must have goals to drive them. They must be specific and measurable.

Brand everything! Give meeting room names!

Put up vinyl sayings for motivation such as CAN YOU IMAGINE... and have employees post 3 year visions, core values, etc.

When employees do a good job, force them to take the rest
Alan
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epub

A step-by-step guide to enjoying the roller-coaster ride of growth -- while getting the most out of life as an entrepreneur. A growth-focused approach: The book is divided into three sections, which cover planning for fast growth, building a company for fast growth, and leading for fast growth. Each topic the author covers -- from creating a vision for the company's future to learning how to generate free PR for a developing company -- is squarely focused on the end goal: doubling the size of

Jake Schmitz
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book for it’s time. Understandably, some of the advice is already dated. Drives home lots of lessons learned from his own experience, which I appreciate. Does a decent job of breaking down such a big task into bite-size focus areas. While some might say it’s not worth reading, I’m glad I didn’t listen to them. It’s a short read and worth the couple of hours it took.
Justin
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a chapter on making sure everyone has a laptop

This book is dated in places, cliche in others ("Be a good listener!"), and disregards entire industries in others ("You don't need designers, just get crowdsourced spec work!").

If you've read any business book you've heard all the advice in here before.
Lauren Head
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have never known of a company who wouldn't like to double the size of their revenue and profit. With Cameron Herold’s book Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years of Less you will have a clear outline on how to do just that. While I will be targeting my BetterBookClub book review towards those C-Level people, even if you are not an entrepreneur or CEO of a company there is still a lot of information that you can gather from this book to be able to support those people ...more
Vicki Lavoie
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
great book i would recommmend it for sure for anyone looking at online businesses.
Joanna Shere
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn't think this book offered anything new that wasn't already out there. Maybe it's good for people who aren't exposed to a lot of business articles.
Artem Rud'
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Несмотря на мотивационные ноты, очень практичная книга. Каждая глава - отдельный инструмент/идея.
John Richards
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a great book that brought home a lot of things I already knew.I like the idea of a three year vision and leaning into the future.Reverse engineer everything.
Renia Carsillo
Some of the stuff here is dated, but most of it is rock-solid advice. I learned a lot about some of my most stressful problem areas from reading this.
Kristi Herold
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read - easy to implement ideas to improve culture and operations!
Robert
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I think that perhaps for those people who haven't read a lot of business books then this would book would provide some revelations. However, to an experienced business reader there are not a lot of revolutionary things contained within. I was expecting somewhat more definitive steps and process on how to grow a business.

I also felt that the books was somewhat restricted by the authors inference to his own experience. I understand that this is in many ways the best method of conveying what works
Randal Wark
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cameron Herold is well know in entrepreneur circles as the go to guy for business advice. Sadly, only a few could benefit from his experience and wisdom when it comes to growing your business. However, we now have the complete recipe to double revenue and profit in 3 years or less. This book touches many aspects of business and will sometimes seem counterintuitive, such as creating outstanding company culture by giving all employees 5 weeks of paid vacation. At first, this might sound insane, ...more
Chris
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business-books
I mistakenly expected this book to give me a series of tactical steps to grow business.

Not so - but when I pause for thought, that much is obvious.

What CH does deliver is a set of strategies around behaviour, rather than tactics around performance.

The book is a beginners guide to self-development and leadership and embraces many of the standard ideas from that world - a trip down memory lane and a timely reminder to get my shit straight if I want to succeed.

I enjoyed it, have already recommended
Eliot Burdett
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good, bite sized book of basic growth advice. Starts with a unique and visioning mechanism that I know from personal experience in working with Cameron, is very powerful. Covers the importance of culture, hiring for DNA and skill, communications, the right kind of marketing, how to run effective meetings and time management. Great concise read for all entrepreneurs.
Jason Galloway
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although there are not new strategies revealed in this book, there were several practical takeaways. Some of the ones I am implementing include: 1) top 5 to do list 2) painted picture 3) weekly meetings with managers that are goal focused 4) letters to himself I thought were spot on.
Cory Vance
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
There were a few ideas in this book that would help grow your business. It is a good aggregation of ideas to give you a framework or checklist. The book not only provides some good insights to deal with business grow, but also has some personal tactics to keep things in balance.
Tyson Brown
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This book... Is amazing, if you are ever going to run a business this is a must read no matter what! This is definitely a book i would recommended to anybody who wants to improve their business. I don't own a business but when i do this is be GOAT. Read this apply it and you will achieve so much.
John Corcoran
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for growing your company quickly. I will definitely need to go back and read it again because I think some of the advice will apply better as my company gets larger.
Ted
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very solid, practical steps for building a business.
Ron Shore
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring with a lot of helpful tips and tricks.
Kent White
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
A decent book. Full of ideas and recommendations, but low on frameworks. I'm glad I have it to refer to in the future.
Patrick Flynn
Dec 30, 2017
May 15, 2016
Gentry Lynn
Sep 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Good reminders. Tangible tips. Could have been half as long.
Marcelo
Feb 13, 2013
James
Feb 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine
  • Traction
  • The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs: Elevate Yourself to Elevate Your business
  • High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
  • Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You
  • One Mile Radius: Building Community From The Core
  • Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America
  • Millionaire Success Habits: Discover The Daily Strategies That Make and Keep The Wealthy Rich (Money Mindsets, Success Ideas, Prosperity Rituals)
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • Full Throttle
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns
  • Sam Walton: Made In America
  • Accomplish It: 7 Simple Actions To Get the Right Things Done and Achieve Your Goals
  • Rage (Rogue Team International #1)
  • How to Start & Build a Law Practice
  • ARUBA Travel Guide: Historical and Cultural Sights, TOP 15 Aruba Beaches, Extreme Activity, Eat & Drink, Aruba Hotels, Aruba vacations with Kids (100 Travel Tips)
“if you’re communicating with others only to tell them how you want things done, you’re not communicating effectively.” 0 likes