Start by marking “The Donovan Legacy: Captivated & Entranced (Donovans #1 & 2)” as Want to Read:
The Donovan Legacy: Captivated & Entranced (Donovans #1 & 2)

The Donovan Legacy: Captivated & Entranced

(The Donovan Legacy #1-2)

The Donovans remain one of Nora Roberts most unforgettable families. Irresistibly appealing, these cousins have also inherited some rather remarkable gifts from their Celtic ancestors. This volume contains the first two Donavan novels CAPTIVATED and ENTRANCED.
Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Published February 28th 2004 by Silhouette (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Donovan Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Donovan Legacy

Start your review of The Donovan Legacy: Captivated & Entranced (Donovans #1 & 2)
Quenya
I do love the Donovan cousins as a group and as individual characters but their love interests felt very lacking and to some extent likable. The cousins is what kept me listening and I did enjoy the mythology surrounding the family. The author did a really good job with the descriptions and the setting the scenes and I had no issues with the narrator. I even felt like the narrator did a decent job with the Irish brogues but then again I’m Texan and have no idea what to listen for.

Cap
Jacob Proffitt
I wasn't going to review these as the combined edition, but since I read them in this omnibus edition I might as well.

I figuratively devoured this book—which isn't to say that it was fantastic, just that it was a quick read and I had the spare time. They're early 90's Nora Roberts and still suffer some of the weaknesses of her earlier work—mostly in the extended family dynamic and weaknesses in the main relationships. I’m not a real fan of the chaotic-yet-idealized Irish stereotype that drives
Kate
Feb 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans, romance and fantasy fans
Recommended to Kate by: August daniels
Captivated & Entranced WOW. I read until my eyes crossed and I couldn't keep them open. I slept, woke, ate breakfast and continued to read until I finished Captivated within 24 hours. I absolutely loved it! Started Entranced shortly there after and again I was completely enthralled. Great Read. Now I'm going to have to read Charmed & Enchanted, the next two books in this foursome of literary crack.
Donna Fredericks
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dreamy, enchanting, and charming Nora Roberts stories. Looking forward to the rest of the "Donovans" series!
Jane Stewart
1st story was not good. 2nd story was better. Narrator is not good with male voices.

2 stars for CAPTIVATED.

Not enough plot. Too much descriptions, ponderings, and feelings. It dragged.

The main plot was Nash a movie writer/director thought Morgana was a charlatan witch. He wanted to write a movie about witches. So he interviewed her to learn more about them. She was a real witch and told him truths. He liked what she told him but he thought they were tricks - n
Jenny Delandro
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Captivated:
Morgana was born a witch..
Nash writes fiction for a living!
He is a skeptic... but finds it increasingly difficult to explain all that happens around her.
His fractured childhood causes them some problems...
Love the little glimpse of the parents!

Entranced:
Sebastian was born a witch... and he has used his talent to help the police and FBI find missing children.
Mel has a friend Rose, whose child was stolen from their yard...
She works
Hayley
Aug 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Standard formula when it comes to romance, but Roberts is good at creating memorable characters. The only thing that *really* drives me nuts is the inconsistency of character eye colors. In "Captivated", Sebastian has tawny eyes, which would make them golden. In "Entranced", the novel starring him, he has bluish grey eyes. In "Charmed" and "Enchanted", he has grey eyes. Ms. Roberts - consistency is something that detail oriented people like myself notice, and unexplained inconsistencies drive us ...more
Jen
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
Morgana is a witch and has always been. She can trace her lineage back to the ancient Celts. Nash is a screenwriter who doesn't believe in the supernatural but makes his living writing horror movies. He sets out to meet Morgana believing she's a phony, but when he's hit with the truth, he comes to accept and love her more than he thought possible.

Sebastian is also a witch with the ability to see. When Mel walks into his life to ask for his help finding a lost boy, she thinks he's a f
Hope
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, nora-roberts
There are times when rereading a book is like visiting old friends you haven't seen in ages. I haven't read these books in at least 5 years but when I started the first it was like that first delighted conversation with your old friend! ~ happy sigh ~
If you've never read through the Donovan trilogy you're in for such a treat! Morgana is a hot tempered witch! Sebastian, her cousin, has the sight. Anna, their cousin is an empath and healer (her story is told in another book). The three share
Lisa Spicer
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always been drawn to books and stories about witchcraft. Loved this book (2 in one) Finished the second have in 1 day because I couldn't put it down. In the first part of the book a screenwriter goes to meet a self-proclaimed witch to research his upcoming play, and he doesn't believe in witchcraft....and well, things happen. In the second part, the story continues and a family member of the 'witch' from the first story is called upon to hunt down some kidnappers and once again, things ha ...more
Michelle K
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-read
Captivated - Nash Kirkland and Morgana Donovan's book
Entranced - Mary Ellen Sutherland and Sebastian Donovan's book

Check out my review on:

Stormy
Jul 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love Nora Roberts, these books are romantic but still keep you guessing. Easy and quick to read, the reader feels part of the story, you fall in love with all the characters and want them to live happily ever after.
Shaunna
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nora Roberts writes some of the most wonderful paranormal romances I have ever read. This one is no different
Dianne
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy the series based on families. I was in the mood for a little romance, a little magic, and characters who are just plain fun. This fit the bill perfectly.
Nancy
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome loved this romantic paranormal books. Witchy magic, romantic encounters, throw in a mystery or two and an absolute joy to read and be read too.
Liz
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
more re-reading of classic older Nora Roberts
Mrs. Schatz
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Listened to these books. Liked the narrator--had a great Irish accent. The books are classic Nora Roberts, need I say more?
Sherri
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all her "mystical" novels!
Stephanie
Nov 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read, even the second time around! Love the Celtic folklore aspect to it. Looking forward to reading the second volume with Anastasia's and Liam's stories.
Charity
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Wow... a two-in-one masterpeice!
Nadine
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always enjoy Nora Roberts books. Did notice the discrepancy in the character descriptions only because it had been brought up in a previous review.
A Lee
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always love these stories because it's about magic, action and Romance.
Ld2288 Degenhardt
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good series if you want light reading and good entertainment!
Amber
Jul 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much liked this group. Nora Roberts has a way of making you one of the family and leaves you rooting for their happiness.
Isabel Winsor
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every time I go back to the Donovan Legacy books, I feel like I'm meeting up with old friends. This is my favorite of Nora Roberts' series.
Sue
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I read this one. It always makes me feel good to read a Nora Roberts book, especially the ones that are magical.
Amy Ingalls
These stories contained everything that I like about Nora Roberts.

I do believe that in Entranced we have the makings of Eve and Roarke. This story was published in 1992, Naked in Death in 1995. Mel is described as having a cap of messy hair that looked as if she hacked it herself with a pair of kitchen shears. She has a cleft in her chin. She lives in jeans and boots, doesn't feel comfortable with shopping or dressing up. If fact, the rich, smooth, gorgeous Sebastian even chooses her an outfit to fit the o
Lisa Petro
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the 2 stories and how they intertwined, but didn't. I read the Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy before this one. I though that was her first book with a touch of witchcraft, but this one had it as well. I am not a big sci fi or fantasy fan, but I like the touch of it like these books.
dbbooknerd
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved these stories!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou, #1)
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Hope Harbor (Hope Harbor, #1)
  • Marriage Most Scandalous
  • Married to the Marquess (Arrangements, #2)
  • Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
  • Mail-Order Bride
  • Crescendo
  • The Winter Laird (Mists of Fate, #1)
  • The Accidental Werewolf (Accidentals, #1)
  • Friends--And Then Some
  • Deep in the Valley (Grace Valley Trilogy, #1)
  • Changeling (Sorcery and Society, #1)
  • Fledgling (Sorcery and Society, #2)
  • Make Me Love You

The Donovan Legacy (4 books)
  • Captivated (The Donovan Legacy, #1)
  • Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)
  • Charmed (The Donovan Legacy, #3)
  • Enchanted (The Donovan Legacy, #4)