Start by marking “The Cycle of Victorious Living: Commit, Trust, Delight, and Rest in Jesus Christ” as Want to Read:

For a new generation...a new take on an ageless truth.Dr. Earl Lee addressed these peace-stealers many years ago in his classic Cycle of Victorious Living, which has sold more than 100,000 copies. The cycle he identified continues to motivate, reassure, and inspire today.Scott Daniels, now pastor of the same church Dr. Lee led long ago, uncovers once again these truths fro ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Beacon Hill Press of Kansas City (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Cycle of Victorious Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cycle of Victorious Living

Tim Baumgartner
The rest of my notes were made into a PowerPoint since I used it in church last year.
It's a VERY good, encouraging book from Psalm 37 from my pastor in California before we moved to Bangkok [T. Scott Daniels].

Ch. 6: Jesus is Lord
"God wants to free you where you are, not take you out of the situation." [In other words, "freedom IN things, not freedom FROM things." This was for a Sanskrit scholar who was in a tough family situation.] (113)

If Jesus is Lord, life has meaning. He makes the differenc
Curt Lunsford
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent update to a really good original. I preached a series of sermons from Dr.s Scott and Earle's work, though I did revise the order of the Cycle of Victorious living in order to match that found in the Psalm itself.
Becky B
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scott Daniels and Earl Lee share how to live the christian life fully relying on Christ and how that leads to more peace despite circumstances and more trust.

Ok, I should mention here that I'm not entirely unbiased in this review. I know Scott Daniels, and went to/worked at PazNaz for a number of years (the church where both he and Pastor Lee were head pastors in Pasadena, CA). I heard Scott's rewrite of this in sermon form in the years I was at PazNaz (and snippets of Earl Lee's sermons too...t
Dakota Fabro
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Went through this book with my mentor... and I learned so much. Short and sweet. Sometimes that's what we need instead of trying to complicate God with all the theology behind everything... when really... All God wants from us... is.. well... us.

Soli Deo Gloria.
Davonne Davis
Apr 04, 2017
Michaela Stout
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book to use for a Bible Study to explain the "Cycle of Victorious Living" in Psalms 37
Julie Essig