Start by marking “Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)” as Want to Read:
Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)

Embrace the Highland Warrior

(Connor Clan #2)

They were driven apart by a timeless secret…

Cody MacBain let the woman of his destiny slip away. A member of an ancient clan of Scottish warriors, he grew up beside Shay Logan as her secret protector, but his heart compelled him to become more. Until Shay’s true identity was revealed, and the fated pair’s chance was gone…

But danger will drive them back into each other’s
Published November 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Embrace the Highland Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embrace the Highland Warrior

Start your review of Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)
LilaBird
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

This book is great because we have new main characters, Cody and Shay, but we also have ALL the wonderful characters from the first book (Holy Crap. This was even better than the first one. I'm serious, this woman is totally like KMM!! For any fans of Moning's Highlander series, Anita Clenney is for you! I highly recommend her and cannot wait for book three, coming Spring of 2012 (NOT SOON ENOUGH!!).

Awaken the Highland Warrior). (I guess Cody was technically in the first book too, but was a minor character.) We totally get more Faelan and Bree (who are now newlyweds) and all the rest of clan Connor too -- Ronan, Declan, Sorcha, etc. This plot is so wonderful, especially from a romance standpoint. Shay's real identity has been hidden from her for her whole life and Cody (and his family) were assigned to protect and guard her, so they grew up together, playing in the lake, running thorugh the woods, sleeping under trees....just being best friends. Then they fall in love as teenagers, but misunderstandings seperate them and they spend 9 years apart from each other. When they come back into each other's lives, they've each missed each other so much, but need to get the misunderstandings explained and sorted out. And on top of the emotional drama, there's also an ancient demon and a group of vampires after Shay, trying to kill her. Needless to say, she becomes very difficult to keep safe, but Cody would die before he lets her get hurt. Luckily, the entire Connor clan is there to help.

Such a great story. I love the plot and the pacing. The back and forth dialogue is funny, believable and differentiated for each separate character -- I really feel like I'm friends with all these individuals now. And the romance is enchanting and thrilling. Who wouldn't want to get swept up in a childhood friendship-turned-romance, a heart-wrenching separation and then the romantic reunion and building of a new relationship between lovers. And that's what happened to me -- my heart was swept up in their intense romance.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
4.5 Stars

Do you love sexy men in kilts with to-die-for brogues who will go to any lengths to protect the women they love? Then Embrace the Highland Warrior is just the novel for you!

One fateful day, nine years ago, Shay’s life irrevocably changed. Finding out that everything she had believed for eighteen years was a lie, Shay left, but now she has returned to her childhood home to face the demons of her past and forget so that she can finally move forward. But she didn’t expect f
Dahlia (yadkny)
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Highland Romance Lovers
“Their deception had been real, but so was their love.”

All it took was “that summer” to change everything. Shay left without looking back , but came home nine years later to see if she could finally forget. The pain of betrayal is still as fresh as if it was yesterday, yet she hasn't lost her nerve when unexpectedly confronted with her past. It was Cody who had trained her to become the fighter and survivor she is and it was Cody who kept life changing secrets from her and then ultimately defied clan law t
Steph
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
Before I started this book I did a quick read through my notes and highlights of the previous book Awaken the Highland Warrior (on my Kindle). After that I was even more excited to start this book. I remembered just how much I love this world that Anita Clenney had created and all the characters that come with it. I was a little worried because my hopes for this book were so high, too high maybe. But I was far from dissapointed.
This is the story of Cody MacBain and Shay Logan.
In the fir
Heather Book Savvy Babe
I was very excited to read Embrace the Highland Warrior, the cover is hot, the title sounds romantic, and I always love warriors. Historical romance readers, do not be confused, this book is contemporary paranormal romance, not historical. With that said, I really liked Embrace the Highland Warrior, I have found a new series and author to follow. The Connor Clan is a clan of warriors who are tasked with fighting and killing demons. Our heroine is Shay. After a scary break-in Shay travels from he ...more
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Shay Logan and Cody McBain were the best of friends growing up. Shay had always known Cody was hers and the feeling was definitely mutual. Until Shay learned Cody had been keeping a rather important secret from her about her past. Devastated and feeling utterly betrayed, Shay left and now years later Shay has come back to try and face the hurt of her youth and finally put it to rest. Cody knows Shay is his one and only, he’s going to pull out all the stops to make her see he had no choice in the ...more
Robin Priddy
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shay Logan is back home in the states, she has been living in Scotland for the past several years. Shay runs an antique store. When she decides, with the help of a friend, to open another store in the Untied States. After her store is broke into and she finds herself with a stalker, she decides to head back home for a while. When Shay's auntt tells her to stay at the house where she grew up in but she doesn't tell Shay if her childhood friend is home from the armed service. Shay grew up with the ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Shay Logan left home as a teen, her heart broken because Cody had lied to her. When she returns, she’s engaged to another man and hopes she can avoid seeing him while she’s there…

The author has staged her story in the Highlands of Scotland with a nice mix of warriors, demons and vampires. The story is fast and provocative; excitement rolls off the pages, and the fight between good and evil is intense.

Ms. Clenney has written about warriors, s
Laura P
If you haven't read the author's first book, Awaken the Highland Warrior, then I highly recommend you run out right now and get a copy along with a copy of Embrace the Highland Warrior!

Anita Clenney has done it again with this second book in the series. You can read Embrace the Highland Warrior without reading the first book; but it is so much better if you are already familiar with the characters and the general theme. I won't go into detail and spoil the goods for anyone who hasn't yet read the books
~Leslie~
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book-nook
3.5 stars I really liked this second entry into the paranormal world of this clan of modern day Highland warriors but it also leaves me somewhat overwhelmed. Again it felt like the author threw a few too many things into the pot. But overall, the story and characters are interesting and fun to read about.
Hbeebti
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Loved this book. I want join the Connor Clan. The next book is about Tavis?? WTH??? How can this be? Yeah you bet I cant wait to read the next one. Don't be fooled by the covers , this is a highlander book but its modern day. In fact kilts aren't worn as much as jeans but that's ok. Swords are used still as well and there are women warriors. Oh yeah!!
Lizzielvr
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I adore this world Anita Clenney has created! Demons, vampires, men in kilts – how can you beat that?!
Lori McD
The toughest part about reading these books is that they're over too quickly!

Last book, we dealt with Faelen (The Mighty Faelen) and Bree... it was mostly their story, and the way to introduce us to this sub-culture/demi-immortal set of Warriors whose job is to keep humans safe. They fight demons, especially the really nasty, old ones that the Archangel Michael assigns to a specific Warrior. Only 2 of the current Warriors (the ones we know) have killed an ancient demon: Faelen and Co
Johanna
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5

Embrace the Highland Warrior
(Book #2)
by Anita Clenney

Genre: Paranormal Romance

They were driven apart by a timeless secret...
Cody MacBain let the woman of his destiny slip away. A member of an ancient clan of Scottish warriors, he grew up beside Shay Logan as her secret protector, but his heart compelled him to become more. Until Shay's true identity was revealed, the fated pair's chance was gone...

But danger will drive
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com

Embrace The Highland Warrior is one of those books that took me ages to read. Admittedly, it’s because I was poorly, but at the same time it didn’t completely grip me and suck me in. But I did still really enjoy it. So, I’m going to put some of my issues with pace down to the fact I was ill, rather than because there was anything wrong with the writing.

The second book in the series, it follows a group of highland warriors (mmm yummy kilts!), who serve a cl
Michelle Greathouse
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Embrace the Highland Warrior is the second book in the Highland Warrior series by Anita Clenney and a Romance from SourceBooks Casablanca.

Book Blurb:

They were driven apart by a timeless secret...

jD
The Conner Clan series is now at two installments. The storylines seem to have a little bit of everything going on. For me, the most appealing aspects are mystery and romance. The fantasy aspect is strong but I don't think it has reached its climax since there is still quite a bit about the world that has not been uncovered.

WHAT I LOVED MOST!

Ms. Clenney must do needle point or knit. It takes a great deal of patience and organization to keep that many threads straight. I took a highlighter
Dawn
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, chic-lit, 2013-books
Cody McBain and Shay Logan were childhood friends who were in the process of realizing they wanted to be more than just friends but danger fear and secrets have kept them apart for nine years. Now Shay has to return home she needs to make peace with her past and get away from a stalker. When she returns home Shay starts to learn the truth about so many secrets and she confronts her true feelings for Cody.
This books is actually book two in the series and is not a historical romance. I had n
Donna (BLHmistress)
Jun 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One thing that draws me to series books is if I really love the first book, I just have to read the rest because I just can't get enough of these characters. I want to revisit them again and again and this book was no exception. I devoured the fist book and I knew almost immediately I just had to read the second.

Like Bree, I really loved Shay- she is a spitfire and that lately has been my favorite type of heroine. And even though she is tough as nails type of girl, she has the soft s
Kimberly
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness. I knew I was going to like this book from the get go, Anita Clenney's 1st Connor Clan book Awaken the Highland Warrior sucked me right in and I finished it in an evening. Her second one was just as fantastic!

I really love her characters, each one is very thought out and different; not just a side thought or added to 'fluff' up the book. She takes her time to develop each and every one of her characters, no matter how big or small their part.

I was happy to see that Bree and Faelan
Barbara ★
A misunderstanding comes between childhood friends and lovers Cody MacBain and Shay Logan. Nine years later Shay comes back to Virginia to make peace with her past and steps into a war between demons, vampires and warriors. This is a romantic story that isn't mushy. How can it be when demons and vampires have Shay in their sights.

I will say that I hate stupid heroines and Shay had some really stupid moments. There are 30+ warriors in the castle, yet Shay who has vampires and demons g
Karen
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't tell you how hard it was to put this book down!! i didn't want to stop reading. Again Anita Clenney captured my attention with the Connor Clan. I love when books bring back familiar characters and make you feel part of the family. This book did just that. Shay is another strong willed heroine. She has been lied to to protect her identity and when she finds out those closest to her were the ones lying, she has a hard time coming to terms with it, naturally. It's easy to identify with her ...more
Joanne Dee
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In book 2 of Anita Clenneys Highland Warrior series we meet Cody and Shay. They grew up together, he was the boy next door who was her protector. Cody came from a family of warriors, they fought demons to protect humanity from evil. Warriors had to keep their identity a secret from outsiders for safety reasons. Shay thought she knew everything about Cody, but secrets tore them apart. Years later fate brings them together and this time Cody is determined there will be no secrets between them. ...more
Snoopy Cat
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-nook-books
I loved this couple! They had a lot of work to deal with past issues because both of them hid things from each other & themselves. I fell in love with their extended family & look forward to more stories about the dear old ladies... What is it about that "White Cat" friend or foe? Are all evil ones out in the open or shall we meet more in this new chapter? Read on to find out!
Doris Mahala
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have done it again!
I started a series not with book one but with book two!
This is a book that I think could be a stand-alone, not sure because I have not read book one.
I have my local library looking for book number one.
Fantasy, Celtic, Magic are the elements I read.
I have found yet another author.
Hope to be able to read all of her books soon.
Doris
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Disappointed in myself!
This is book 2 in a ?saga?
Waiting for my library to get book 1 to me.
I do not have shelf room for any more books to own.
I love my books and hope one day to have the money to build new bookcases for all of my books.
This is a surprise giver!
A page turner to see if the vamps, demons, halflings are biting the dust.
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
This was not great. I don't think reading this in order (this is part 2 in a series) would've helped, because most of the unanswered questions had to do with THIS book. Now that I think about it, this book was quite frustrating. Pass.
MyzanM
I didn’t like this as much as the first book.
I guess it was OK, but I felt finished after the first book and that didn’t change.

Cody was sweet and Shay annoying from time to time. It just felt so average compared to the first book.
Judy
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Would recommend highly!!!
KSSA
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This serie is an interesting mix of supernormal forces . Characters and plots keep my interests. I like the way the warrior clan link with something powerful but I think using archangel is childish.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • Highland Nights (Druid's Glen, #2)
  • Highland Dragon
  • Devil's Own (Clan MacAlpin, #2)
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • Destiny's Denial (MacLomain, #2)
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • Tempting the Highlander (The McTiernays, #4)
Anita Clenney is the New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author of the Connor Clan highland time travels series and the Relic Seekers series.

Before giving herself over to the writing bug, she worked in a pickle factory, a preschool, booked shows for Aztec Fire Dancers, and has been a secretary, executive assistant, and a real estate agent. She lives with her husband and two child

Connor Clan (4 books)
  • Awaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1)
  • Heart of a Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #3)
  • A Connor Clan Christmas (A Highland Warrior Brief)
“long claw down the tiny shoulder, bared” 0 likes