Start by marking “Bullied (Bullied, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bullied (Bullied, #1)

Bullied

(Bullied #1)

***STEPHEN KING ON CHRISTOPHER SMITH***

"Put me down as an enthusiastic Christopher Smith fan. Smith is a cultural genius."

DESCRIPTION: From international best-selling thriller author Christopher Smith ("FIFTH AVENUE") comes a new young adult series of paranormal thrillers written under the name, C.R. Smith.

"BULLIED" is the first novella in THE BULLIED SERIES, which focuse
Published (first published April 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bullied, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bullied

Keri
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
When Christopher first asked me to read his novella series, I was hesitant. I hadn't heard of many book reviewers accepting author requests. But, I figured being a new book blogger meant that I couldn't be picky. I have to say that I was really lucky with what Christopher threw my way.

Bullied will keep your heart pounding with every turn of the page. You are introduced to Seth, a kid who has been bullied his entire life for reasons he never had control of. With every punch or mocking word, you r
Lynne Lowe
Another great freebie from Amazon! I'm sure everyone can relate to bullies, either being the one that dished it out, or on the other end receiving it. I don't want to give the plot away, but naturally I was rooting for the underdog. Having been bullied in grade school, I could relate to Seth, the main character and what he was going through. I wish I could have "handled" my problems the way he did. I only had trouble in grade school for a couple of years. I can't imagine dealing with bullies as ...more
Books
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Describing this novella as an "intense thriller" or a "cautionary tale", is just way too much. What it basically boils down to - despite what the summary wants you to believe - is a bully becoming a bully. There's no subtlety here. The only good thing I can say about this short story is that it can be read in an hour.

I won't be reading the rest of this series.
Eric Townsend
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Oh boy, this book…was a rough read. Bullied is about this kid in high school, Seth, that (shockingly enough) gets picked on a lot. and goodness gracious does he let you know it. He then is given a magical amulet that allows him to basically be a demigod. Screw picking one power for the kid to become a badass, Christopher Smith wanted him to have access to the whole shebang. Unfortunately, this didn’t make me like Seth, or this book.

It felt like 50% of Bullied was Seth whining about all of the i
Davina
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart aches for more. The way he ended the story honestly killed me inside. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I was honestly hoping for some gay romance to transpire but it hasn't happened...YET! I still have high hopes that Seth and Alex will find their way to one another. Poor Alex. Well, actually it's poor Seth, but Alex deserves some sympathy just as much as Seth. Ok! Maybe not just as much but you get what I mean. That ending honestly almost made me cry. It took me a few hours ...more
Carol
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intense and frightening
Holjo
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Seth Moore has not been granted the best lot in life. He lives in a trailer, his parents are both unemployed drunks, his skin is covered in acne, and his body is weak. Thanks to this terrific combination of attributes, he has been bullied his entire life. The last three years of high school have seen him beat up regularly and verbally abused constantly by his fellow students.

On the first day of his senior year, Seth receives an amulet as a gift from a friend of his father. This amulet gives him
Nancy Silk
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"Amazing Thriller of a Story"

I started reading this story last night and finished it this afternoon. Amazing! Seth Moore is a senior in high-school hell, as he calls it. He's been harassed, bullied, kicked, spit at, all of his life in this small community. Even his teachers are non-supportive, and the worst part ... he has no friends. Both his parents are alcoholics, unemployed, impoverished, living in a trailer. Seth is returning to school in September for his last year of school. After which h
Becca
Imagine if you were ruthlessly bullied your whole life because of things you could not change - where you live, what your parents do etc AND then one day you suddenly gain the power to change your fate. What would you do? Christopher Smith gives us a novella (& free ebook), which shares Seth's story of exactly that premise. This is indeed an intense story that deserves a chance of you reading it!

Goodread summary: "Seth Moore, a relentlessly bullied 18-year-old boy who is gifted an amulet th
Michelle
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nooooooo!!!!! How could it end like that? Why? How did this guy get me so invested in his characters in just a few short pages? How did he do it? Aghhhh! I need the rest yesterday! If you even think about taking a break while writing this series I will find you Smith! I Will Find You! This is amazing work! You are up there with Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs as one of my favorite authors, people I would kidnap and take with me on a desert island to write for me! (Well, a desert island with am ...more
Julie Johnson
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book grabs you from the start, the voice of the narrator is compelling & insistent. I was drawn in immediately & literally did not stop until I reached the end. The only downside--its a short read & the way it ends BEGS you to get the next book. I feel Book 1 & Book 2 could have made one book--but thats a mere quibble. The story is gripping, flows great, the characters are real, the connection one feels to the main character is solid.

Great, great start to a series that I hop
Suzie
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very very good! I was surprised I liked it because it is for young people which I usually don't care for, but am now inspired to read more of! It's still hard for me to give an adequate review due to my inexperience in this genre. I've read Christopher Smith's other books and I must say, he is one fantabulous writer. FIFTH AVENUE is a very good book and I'm excited to read PARK AVENUE. So that's why I picked up BULLIED. I was NOT disappointed. Keep it up Chris! I love you ...more
Jeanne
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you have ever been bullied in your life, this book will interest you. I really enjoyed the book, and the author writes well. I am drawn into his story and can barely put the book down. I am drawn in from the first page all the way through to the last. This series has a tendency to just Drop at the end of the book, but the next book picks up immediately where it left off. I'm glad I don't have to wait for a new book to be released!
Nathalie Hamidi
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Having been bullied during college and high school, I can relate to what’s happening to Seth. Bullying is something I will not tolerate on any other person, and that is why my heart made a jump at the mention of the buff friend that stands up to the bullied. Had I been in Seth’s place, no way I could not have gotten revenge right there… I’m looking forward to reading the sequel. Great novel, I recommend it.
Carla
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this off and on for a bit and finally finished it. It wasn't a long book but I loved it. I'm sure most people can relate to Seth and his being bullied. In this story he gets a little help from an amulet of unknown origin that makes things happen. I think those who have been in this situation probably wished for something 'mysterious' or 'magical' to happen and make things better.
I hate it took so long to finish, but glad I did. Looking forward to finishing the series.
Darlene Ferland
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great book for anyone interested in the problem of bullying. It is gaining much more notice and Christopher Smith deals with it in a way that exposes some of the dirty little secrets underlying the bully's reasoning as well as the thoughts and feelings of those being bullied. If anyone could write a well-defined story that is both educational and interesting (I just can't say enjoyable but I did enjoy reading it), it is Mr. Smith. This is a must read for families.
Angela
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great find. You really feel sorry for Seth as he is continuously tormented, and I genuinely found myself hating Mike, Ginny, and Tyler. I was bullied as a child, but no where near this bad. He finds an amulet that helps to turn things around, but as I could feel hate for his tormentors, I started to fear what he was becoming. I've started the sequel, Revenge, and I can't seem to put it down either. I'm sure a review for it will be up shortly.
Tere Garza
Jul 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
The story of a guy who is constantly bullied by almost everyone at school. He gets an amulet that helps him against his problems. I got this book in my kindle because the title and sinopsis is catchy. The book excedeed my expectations, I enjoyed it a lot.

I think many youngsters would feel identified and get a lot of fun thinking about what they would do if they had magical powers to solve their problems.
Lisandra
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I think this is one of the best written books ive read in a long time. The concept was incredible and the characters where unbelievable. This book can relate to so many people (althought things hit a bit of an e xtreme here for bullies, however, i dont put it past them to do such things or worse). I cant wait to read the nxt one and the next and the nxt! Im totally hoocked!!
Lori Buuck
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Not bad. I don't remember bullying being this bad when I was in high school, but then again I wasn't bullied or a bullier. This was a pretty quick read so I'll probably check out the 2nd book to see what happens to Seth. . .
Joel Liriano
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really interesting story! Love the way it makes you want to keep flipping pages until the very end, also the way it mixes magic with complex feelings of the life of a bullied teenager and the whole right-and-wrong scheme of things.
Donna
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very short book, a bit different to what I would normally read, very sci-fi with the Amulet having powers, but once started reading it I couldn't put it down, excellent writing, it draws you in!
Look forward to reading Revenge :-)
Beccie
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very gripping story although it was a short read. A great story for any teen who has ever been bullied and wanted to kick butt. Although I will say I don't like this cover, it's ugly. I like the ones with the chess pieces better
Paula Humphrey
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm not much into sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal type books and I thought this book ran more towards that kind. That being said, it was a story to keep you wanting to turn the next page. Not really sure that I would read any of the sequels to it. I was expecting more of a legal type story.
Anthony
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Angered me through it.
Amelia
3-3.5 Stars, I can't quite decide. One thing's for sure though, this was not what I expected.
Stephanie
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Way too short but great read. Really good writing. I will defintely read the next ones.
Dawn
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Good short story - starts out nice and real - then goes to the witch things. For a person who is not a fantasy fan I thought this was fun. Even went out to find the next book in the series.

Angela
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not my usual choice of books but i really got into it and will be reading the next in the series.
Linda
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

If my grandson had been older I would have given this to him to read -- I think it was to old for him, I liked the book for what it was, Thank you

• Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)
  • The Takers (The Oz Chronicles, #1)
  • Mortal Ghost
  • Reunion
  • Afterlife (The Dark Gifts, #1.5)
  • The Screaming
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • A Turn of Curses
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)
  • Starr Bright Will Be with You Soon
  • The Unraveling
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Unfinished
  • Lord Demon's Delight (Demons of Dunmore, #1)
  • Captive of Raven Castle
  • Blood Reaction (Blood Reaction Saga, #1)
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
About the Author:
Christopher Smith is the international best-selling author of "Fifth Avenue," "Running of the Bulls," "From Manhattan with Love," "Bullied," "Revenge," "Witch" and "War." For fifteen years, Smith was the film critic for a major newspaper in the Northeast. For eight years, he appeared weekly on NBC affiliates, and two years nationally on the E! network. He has written over 4,000 re

Bullied (4 books)