Start by marking “The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs” as Want to Read:
The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs

The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  4,784 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

Published October 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie

John Yelverton
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
As I child, I thought this was so cool, and then I grew up and realized that it was a complete and total rip off of "Fantastic Voyage" and now I'm not so impressed.
Saba
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: بچگی
یکی-دوتا از کتابای این مجموعه رو خونده بودم ولی یادم نمیاد کدوما بود. صرفا یادمه بیاندازه کارتونهاش رو دوست داشتم. عاشق کارتوناش بودم یعنی، خیلی خوب بود. 8-> ...more
Zach Naegele
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
In this book Ralphie is a school reporter, but he gets sick the day of the broadcast. Ms. Fizzle and the class climb aboard the school bus and head to Ralphie’s house to do the broadcast from there, but he is very worn out and tired. The kids all pile back on the bus and shrink down, and then they enter Ralphie’s body. Inside the travel to his sore throat and watch the bacteria that are attacking the walls of his throat. Then the children watch and comment as white blood cells fight back. Just w ...more
Heather
Jun 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
My generic review of the Magic School Bus books -

We really love the series. This book doesn't have all the cartoony dialouge asides that the earlier books have. There are maybe a comment or two per page instead of full conversations. Some people hate that; I think I prefer it. The page is less busy.

These books clearly explain a certain topic. There are often additional activities at the end of the book for further learning.

We read these for 'fun' during picture book time and we read them when l
Dolly
Sep 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls adore the Magic School Bus series, both in books and on tv, and I think they've seen this episode a dozen times. But we finally found the book version in the Magic School Bus TV tie-in series at the library. They could practically recite the storyline, but it was still a good story about a fictional trip inside the character "Ralphie" to see how his body fights germs, with the help of medicine. It's a short story and very interesting, though there are a few parts that are purely to ent ...more
Tim Johnson
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: discovery-time
Perhaps this book should have been called The Magic School Bus has a Pox Party. Actually, aside from the obviously bad idea of taking the whole class to see someone with a cold and then pinging a metal projectile all through out his body, this was one of the better Magic School Bus titles. The story line is exciting enough to keep school age children engaged and has just enough information in it to provide some educational value. It is possible that I will use it for a Discovery Time program on ...more
Evelyn
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Magic School Bus books. This particular book is great to teach students about germs and other microorganisms. It gives students many factual information about germs while entertaining students as well with vivid pictures and humor. I would use this book in the engage portion of a science lesson on germs and microorganisms. This book can be used for students in 1st-5th grade.
Brittiny
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs by Joanna Cole fits into metafictional writing. This book is about germs that are found in the body, good and bad germs. I like this book because it is full of facts that are important; but because the way it is written with the kids going on a field trip, it is fun to read. If I was to teach this book, we would look at the illustrations and how they enhance the learning/remembering curve.
Cara Charles
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Besides "Bill Nye the Science Guy" these book series and t.v. shows were the best learning tools via entertainment EVER!! No exaggeration. As a discerning parent, we owned every one of these books and never failed to watch the show. Do whatever you can to acquire these books and maybe the shows are on DVDs now. Not sure but check them out! Support the authors!!
Stacey
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science, humor
These books are for all ages. The magic school bus is a great way to teach science to students in a fun and easy to understand way. This book will be used when teaching students about the effects of germs and where they come from. It also teaches students how they can avoid spreading germs to others.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I love the Magic School Bus books. I've read quite a few over the years. Legomeister loved them a couple of years ago. He still checks them out sometimes, but he doesn't ask me to read them to him anymore. Now it's Little Miss who requests them.

This one's about how the immune system works. Good plot and information.
Alexis Levine
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! It'd be great for any age. This Magic School Bus selection focuses on germs and about white blood cells and microorganisms.
The children have to escape before the white blood cells attack them also.
Deanna
Nov 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: science
This was a good Magic School Bus for the most part. Why is it that so many children's books have to have situations where they decieve the parents or the parents are to busy working to take care of their kids??? Hmmm. We'll I know why.
Bhairavi
Cole does an excellent job in all her Magic School bus books by explaining how the germs enter the body and what affects the immune system and what fights back. She makes each of her books entertaining as well as informative.
Sarah Adamson
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic introduction to the world of germs and the human immune system aimed at young kids. This made my daughter fascinated with the human body. Excellent use of correct language with clear explanations.
Olivia
Oct 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is very nasty i think that it is very bad to be sick.
wjkb
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A really good Magic School Bus book!!!
Aurora Christy
Aug 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Is no one aware of the fact that colds are a virus and not a bacterial infection????? The science on this book is so wrong!
Andrew Perry
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book when I was a kid! It's a great read for any grade level and I would suggest reading it before a science lesson on germs and other microorganisms.
Christina
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, childrens
This is a cute little book to read. I read it to my five year old niece and she adores it. It makes me glad that I can read this to my niece and maybe my kids in the future.
Melissa
Oct 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
fun and educational at same time
Dan
Apr 15, 2013 rated it liked it
1 copy
billbo baggins
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
i think its cool and the frizz is awesome
Kelley Mcalhany
Oct 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: predictions, science
great for an introduction to a science lesson. Can have the students predict and learn about germs.
Gracie
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
used to be my favorite book as a kid.
Chassidy Patton
Barbara
May 25, 2012
Margaretann
Jul 20, 2012
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • The Magic School Bus Meets The Rot Squad: A Book About Decomposition
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • The Magic School Bus Hops Home: A Book About Animal Habitats
  • The Magic School Bus: Butterfly and the Bog Beast: A Book about Butterfly Camouflage
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Programmed
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Magic School Bus Fights Germs
  • What Will the Weather Be?
  • Sunshine Makes the Seasons
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...

Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • The Magic School Bus Kicks Up A Storm: A Book About Weather
  • The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow
  • The Magic School Bus In The Haunted Museum: A Book About Sound
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Baked in a Cake: A Book About Kitchen Chemistry
  • The Magic School Bus Blows Its Top: A Book About Volcanoes
  • The Magic School Bus Wet All Over: A Book About The Water Cycle
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • The Magic School Bus Makes a Rainbow: A Book About Color