Start by marking “Off World (Off World, #1)” as Want to Read:
Off World (Off World, #1)

Off World

(Off World #1)

Sarhaan and his band of elite soldiers don't know what to make of Caleb when his little spaceship turns up on their viewscreen. Believing that he might be a Republican spy, they bring the junior diplomat onto their stolen spaceship and question him. Sarhaan is immediately attracted to the young aristocrat, despite his doubts about Caleb's motives, and his feeling that ...more
Published May 23rd 2007 by Torquere Press (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Off World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off World

Start your review of Off World (Off World, #1)
SheReadsALot
'Ready for our next Book-A-Day Giveaway? Off World by Stephanie Vaughn is FREE 9/27/13 from 8 - 9 a.m. CST! ow.ly/nXSEh '
Elisa Rolle
Cal is a very young man, with a gentle soul and a fragile body who wants to discover who has brutally murdered his friend Daphne.

The prime suspects of the crime is a crew of rogue soldiers who has stolen a starship and now is wondering on the universe. Cal steals a little navette and succeeded on find the crew: but they are very big and very hungry men who think he is a spy. And decide to captive him.

Fortunately the man in command is Sarhaan, an afro-american hunk of man who happen to be very
ttg
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviews
3.5-4 stars. An enjoyable m/m sci-fi romance adventure about a group of renegade military men who take upon a young runaway diplomatic official who is trying to solve the murder of his friend (and seeking out why the renegade group is being blamed.)

I had a fun time reading this, but it didn't go as deep as I wished. I wish there was more development with Caleb's mystery over the murders (it ends pretty quickly at the end, and some important evidence is gathered off-scene and just "appears"
Lily
This is the first book in Ms Vaughan's Off World series and I really liked it. This futuristic sci-fi thriller, with it's great cast of characters, has a little bit of everything for a readers enjoyment. Set on a spaceship and then on a rough outpost world, it is full of action, adventure, a bit of political intrigue, some seriously hot sex and romance as well.

Caleb Adams is a young junior diplomat out in space for the first time when he meets Sarhaan, a rogue soldier who at first thinks Caleb
D. Colwell
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
There was so much sex in this story, that there was barely room for the story. Definately not my thing.
Charly
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ending is a bit rushed, but the romance is decent

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- The mystery plot is revealed slowly, a piece at a time, and almost every chapter ends with a little cliffhanger. I had a hard time putting the book down.
- At first I was a little skeptical of the characters’ emotional attachment to each other, since they don’t have very many interactions where they seem to be connecting in any way other than physical.
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.4 Stars

I seriously think I'm in one of my moods again because I should have loved this one and it only left me...meh. The futuristic/sci-fi aspects were just kinda glossed over without much detail, it didn't seem like there was enough relationship development to leapfrog into love and I didn't feel like we got to know Sarhaan and the rest of his crew very well. Also, that resolution felt super rushed; I'd have preferred some exposition on the whole of how they maneuvered that and I wanted to
Martin Haye
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've only read a few gay romances, and had been disappointed in the past. Initially I avoided those written by women (even though they're the vast majority) because I thought, "How could a woman really understand the gay male experience?" But I see now I've been silly. This book had a good plot, a nice romantic angle, and lots of hot lovin'. Now I think the more important factor is the writer and how well they write: this is hands-down the best romance I've read, and though I'm new to the genre ...more
Soul Yaoi
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fantasy-scifi
interesting book. bit to much sex for me.
Maya
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. I just finished rereading this book and I still love it.
Julia ♥Duncan♥
I liked the romance in this. The plot, however, made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Because of this, I thought the book dragged a lot at the beginning before the romance got up to speed.

The plot, as far as I can tell:
(view spoiler)
Anna
I usually dislike books that takes place in space but I really liked this one. the story built slowly and it was hard to stop Reading. I liked that even though the MCs was attracted to each other they didn't fall in love straight away. I however fell in love with Sandy and therefor feel compelled to read the next book.

What I didn't like that much was that I thought Cal was a little dense, especially when it came to the thing with Alex. I didn't really like the dialog during sex either but hey
Mara Ismine
Setting a m/m romance in a future where being gay is once more illegal and a possible death sentence works surprisingly well, because off world those rules don't apply. I enjoyed the world building that went on behind the characters' interactions. The characters were nicely drawn, even the secondary characters were more than two dimensional. There were a lot of loose ends that I hope will feed into the sequel Off World 2: Sanctuary

K
Sep 27, 2013 marked it as lurking-in-kindleland
Torqure freebie 27.9.13
Snowtulip
Jun 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, m-m, sci-fi
2.5

Hhmmmm....it wasn't bad, it wasn't great...just wasn't feeling it.
Eden Winters
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What? I never rated this book? Though I read it years ago, this sci-fi offering still stands out vividly in my mind. It's time for a re-read, I'm thinking.
Sair
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a re read
Good story - entertaining
I am sure I will read it again.
Ayanna
Nov 21, 2009
Ren Stjerne
Oct 26, 2016
Melissa Jane
rated it did not like it
Aug 26, 2016
Johanna
Nov 04, 2010
Kitsuneamari
Jan 19, 2013

• Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities (Claimings, #2)
  • Red Fire - Surrender
  • The Degan Incident (Galactic Conspiracies #1)
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • The Cassini Mission (Galactic Conspiracies, #2)
  • Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)
  • Jason & Cadence (The Wolf's Mate, #1)
  • Michael & Shyne (The Wolf's Mate, #4)
  • Logan & Jenna (The Wolf's Mate, #6)
  • Bo & Reika (The Wolf's Mate, #5)
  • Every Dawn Forever (Hyena Heat, #2)
  • Linus & The Angel (The Wolf's Mate, #2)
  • Taken (The Harvest #1)

Off World (4 books)
  • Sanctuary  (Off World, #2)
  • Ceremony (Off World, #3)
  • Negotiation (Off World #4)