Start by marking “The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads” as Want to Read:
The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads

The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads

Starting with the basics—choosing the best pack, understanding the deck and its structure, asking the right questions—this comprehensive guide to working with Tarot provides all the information needed to do a full reading. On colorfully, sumptuously illustrated pages unfold the mysteries of each card’s symbolic meaning. From the Magician to the Fool, the Lovers to the Herm ...more
Published September 28th 2006 by Sterling (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Tarot Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tarot Bible

Clouds
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
A well rounded primer.

I've promised to give colleagues at work 'free' Tarot readings in exchange for sponsoring me to jump out a plane. If I raise enough money, they will even let me have a parachute. Thought I should refresh my Tarot 101 so they don't ask for a refund...

I've shelved this as art for lack of a better place to put it.
Célia Loureiro
Útil e muito esclarecedor, oferece muitas abordagens diferentes a esta arte.
Thao Nguyen
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
Đọc gần một năm mới xong. Không phải vì sách khó đọc, mà vì mình cứ đọc đi đọc lại một số chỗ.
Trong mấy quyển về Tarot mình từng đọc, đây là quyển mình đánh giá cao.
Thứ nhất, nội dung sách rất rõ ràng, chia ra từng mục về lịch sử tarot, mục đích dùng tarot (bao gồm coi cho mình, cho người khác, coaching hoặc một dạng để thiền), ý nghĩa từng lá bài, trải bài cho từng thứ (cá nhân, mối quan hệ, phát triển bản thân, blah blah), những kiến thức khác về thần số học, chiêm tinh, tree of life.
Thứ hai,
'Cole *Bookwyrm Babe, Voyeur of Covers, Caresser of Spines, Unashamed Smut Slut, the Always Sleepy Wyrm of the Stacks, and Drinker of Tea and Wine*
Very informative, this book shows the many ways that you can divine with tarot. Each card, both Major and Minor Arcana, has a page dedicated to explaining meanings. Very easy to read and I tend to look back on this particular book when I feel stuck while using tarot (at least the Rider-Waite tarot and spin-off decks). I also like the many tarot spreads, the examples and break downs of each make it easy to use any spread.
Amanda
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of the best beginner books for tarot I have come across. I would highly recommend it to any novice.
Bug
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book for beginners to tarot or advanced readers who just want a reference sometimes.
Tomkat
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
To be "definitive" it lacks a lot. To call it "definitive" it is very arrogant.
Tarot still lies in the mystery. It offers a shallow history of the Cards but a good basic description of each plate. It is a good tool for beginners.
It also shows around 30 spreads to play and fool around with the cards.
Not a mystic work and certainly not for the Initiate.
Nadia
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book for begginers. Its my first tarot book and altough it doesnt go very deep with the cards meaning, this book offers a brief and easy guide to start your tarot journey and, you can access to a complete view of all things tarot related. i love this book. ...more
Jendi
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good comprehensive resource for beginners, with high-quality illustrations. It's written to appeal to both secular readers and those who are into spells and crystals and such. I only wish the descriptions of the cards' meanings were not so full of cliche phrases. Now I'd like to find a book with more nuance and sophistication, to go deeper.
Darby Riales
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for understanding the art of Tarot. If one wasn't comfortable with purchasing Tarot cards, this book will give you the knowledge to understand the practice. If you have your own deck, it should have come with its own book. Some interpretations may vary, but are ultimately the same (just worded differently).
Clare Holman-Hobbs
I was always confused by tarot before and didn't really know where to begin but this book made it really simple and easy for me to understand. I would recommend this to beginners who want to learn about tarot.
Omdog
Sep 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: magic
For basic info on interpreting the deck, it is a decent tool.
Meaghan
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good tool for begginers. Has all the information you need to perform basic readings. A lot of variety for different types of spreads as well.
Alice
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: tarot
Basic introduction.
Very good book for beginners.
ofwoodsandbone
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is worth the money for the spreads section alone. Spreads are easily laid out, easy to follow.
Kim Hines
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best in regards to tarot.
Oct 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: tarot readers
I love this book it is so well put together and easy to follow :D I have found it very helpful and user friendly, I would recommend this book to anyone who reads the tarot
Lori
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful companion book to own if you are into Tarot and it's history. There also a ton of spreads to learn about and use. I've gained so much insight into the cards from this book.
H.K.
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the best tarot resource I have ever come across, and I've read this book so much I feel like it's a close friend. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone interested in the tarot craft.
Lisa *OwlBeSatReading*
Another 'always reading' even though its finished. Its a re-reader :o)
Kim
Dec 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is my favourite tarot reference book out of the three i've read
Xenia Orkopoulou
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
very useful information in one book
Kate McGahan
  • The Astrology Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Zodiac
  • Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners
  • Tarot Spells
  • The Real Witches' Handbook: A Complete Introduction to the Craft
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • Gilded Tarot