Start by marking “Alice-Miranda on Holiday” as Want to Read:
Alice-Miranda on Holiday

Alice-Miranda on Holiday

(Alice-Miranda #2)

The ever so exciting sequel to Alice Miranda At School.

Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones has survived her first term at Winchesterfield-Downsfordvale. And now Jacinta Headlington-Bear, the school’s second best tantrum thrower, is joining Alice-Miranda’s family for term break. Who would have thought it!

The two girls are looking forward to a relaxing holiday at H
Published August 1st 2010 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about Alice-Miranda on Holiday, please sign up.

Start your review of Alice-Miranda on Holiday
Melanie
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice-Miranda on Vacation is a delightful book for young girls. It has tea parties, secret clubhouses, horses, and the Queen even comes to visit. I absolutely love Alice-Miranda and am still trying to decide if she is more like Pollyanna Laura Inglles or Eloise, but I think she is a mix of all of them. She assumes that everyone wants to be friends, and tends to bring out the best in all of the people she meets (minus the occasional criminal who is just plain rude)
This is the second book in the A
Anni
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I become addicted to this writer. Her books is very light and makes us smile.
Jasmine
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 8+
Recommended to Jasmine by: Grandma
The second Alice Miranda adventure and isn't it terrific. I love this book because of the amount of adventure, humour and kindness. I also love this book because of the amount that happens and the characters aren't they terrific to. ...more
Penny
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
A favorite of mine as a little girl:)
Angela
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kidsbooks
Alice-Miranda is a tiny girl who manages to find big adventures wherever she goes. This time she has a number of mysteries to solve, a match to be made, identities to uncover, and a kidnapping to foil! She does it all with her trademark energy, kindness, and cleverness. Now just waiting on the library to get book 3!
Kathleen Dixon
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
A second fun instalment in this series about a Brit 'upper-class' 7-year-old with a double-double-barrelled sirname (as I have said in the past when friends have suggested a double-barrelled sirname to me, "But where does it end!"). I don't think I laughed quite as much as at the first one, but I'm still sure my grandchildren will enjoy them when they're independent readers. ...more
Evelyn
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is the best book if you really need cheering up, or if you feel lonely. I really like Alice Miranda, because I feel that she is amazingly Funny, Cheerfull and Happy. I love being in her adventureous Adventures!!
Catherine
Alice- Miranda, she's rich and perfect but you love her anyway. Sensible, clear-sighted and not one bit snobbish; Alice Miranda is how Enid Blyton would have handled Richie Rich. The girls in upper primary love her along with Friday Barnes. ...more
Melanie
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
It was also one of my favourite books! I love it!
Asmita Saha
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book is really interesting at the end.
Jessie Lin
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice-miranda
I love theAliceMiranda books
They carry me away to another world
And when I wake up,I feel light and happy
Sienna
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess Paton has a great collection of Alice Miranda and lends them to me. How lucky am I?
Abigail
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brielle
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
this is the second book I have read by this author. I love how the author can make the reader realate to Alice Miranda. The author brings out a good solution to every problem. Even though the charecters are sometimes hard to realat to I find that the author makes them very easy to visualize.
Ann
Jul 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Amazing, as always
Lauren Collett
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book “Alice Miranda on Holiday” is a great book. Once I picked it up I couldn’t put it down because the way it is written grabs my attention and it has a great story line. Something new happens on every page. This book was fun to read and I loved it so much that I had to read the whole series. I would definitely recommend other people to read the book.

This book is written as a narrative of Alice’s very exciting, challenging and mysterious holiday. It is an adventure and mystery book. It is a
Brett
Admittedly, this book is only semi-realistic, but it's definitely not fantasy. In addition to apparently being the only child of a couple who must be the richest people on earth, I have yet to meet a child who is always like Alice-Miranda: many kids I know are sweet, kind, polite, well-behaved, & genuinely believe the best of people - but not all the time. However, as an adult who semi-frequently works with kids, I certainly wish that there were more Alice-Mirandas in the world.

In her second out
Daisy May Johnson
The second in the Alice-Miranda series, Alice-Miranda on Holiday is (as the title suggests) focused on Alice-Miranda's holiday from school. She's back home at her beautiful house Highton Hall, full of luscious meals and exciting high-jinks, and (hurrah!) there's skullduggery afoot!

If you've read the first in the series (which I reviewed here,you should have a good idea of what to expect. If this is your first exposure to Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones, you're in for a treat. She's
Elma Branigan
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alice-Miranda

Alice-Miranda is home for the holidays and there appears to be a lot more happening than what she expected. She faces a lot of mystery and adventure during the holidays. Alice-Miranda and her friend Jacinta are working together to try and solve the problems they are looking at. First, there is the strange boy who throws stones and acts horrible towards them. Then, there’s the handsome film star who has come to stay and, with all the sneaking around at night-time, the girls are certa
Jill Smith
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful story and one I'm sure my grand-daughters will love.

Not having read earlier Alice Miranda books, I looked forward to my first dabbling into her world. I soon found this child with charm, manners, a strong determined personality, engaging. Her homecoming from boarding school was to be a relaxing break. Some things happening at Highton Hall, gave her a bad feeling. Alice Miranda, together with her friends, she set out to get to the bottom of it. Her holiday was hardly relaxing
Niamh Griffin
Alice-Miranda and her friends get involved in more mystery and adventures as they take their school holidays from boarding school, staying at Alice-Miranda's family home, Heighton Hall.
A jolly mix of characters both ghastly gangsters and awfully posh guests; sublime food and tumblers of iced drinks; a rather frightful boy in the neighbourhood and undercover midnight escapades in the maze garden.
Alice-Miranda creates more aristocratic fun and frolics in this, the second instalment of the Alice-
Jelyna
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Alice Miranda on Holiday. Her friend Jacinta is one for a detective spirit, as well as the romantic type! Jasper is such a sweet boy as well, and same as his little sister. I absolutely adore the tea parties and cubbie houses, as well as the suspicions for many people. This book is a must read!
Pratita  Kusuma
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i still think every leader should read this series... that seven-and-half years old Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones does know how to use the power she has (wealth and wit) to restore people faith in humanity, something our leaders failed to accomplished all these years...
Heather
Just as silly as the first book but kind of cute.
CompassBookRatings
See full review and rated content analysis at

Judy
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in a series about a precocious 7 1/4 year old girl. They're clever, light mysteries. ...more
Apr 09, 2014 added it
GREAT
Peta
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good
Asmita
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!
Nabila Anwar
Sep 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: buku-anak
Much enjoying 'Take The Lead' than this one.
Humz..

• The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!
  • Ballet Backflip (Ella Diaries #2)
  • Under Suspicion (Friday Barnes, #2)
  • Girl Detective (Friday Barnes, #1)
  • Saving the Team (The Kicks, #1)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • Take Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)
  • The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore!
  • Hetty Feather (Hetty Feather, #1)
  • Emerald Star (Hetty Feather, #3)
  • Look Into My Eyes (Ruby Redfort, #1)
  • Meet Grace (Our Australian Girl - Grace, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Jewelled Moth (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #2)
  • The Audition
  • The Adventurers Guild (The Adventurers Guild #1)
  • Little Stars (Hetty Feather, #5)
  • Pick Your Poison (Ruby Redfort, #5)
  • Catch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)
Jacqueline Harvey has combined a successful career in education with her love of a good story. She is the author of many novels for younger readers and a picture book, THE SOUND OF THE SEA, which was awarded Honour Book in the 2006 Australian Children’s Book Council Awards.

Jacqueline taught in Infants and Primary schools and was Deputy Head of Abbotsleigh Junior School (an independent day and boa

Alice-Miranda (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Alice-Miranda at School