Start by marking “Legion gromu (Orcs: First Blood #2)” as Want to Read:
Legion gromu (Orcs: First Blood #2)

Legion gromu (Orcs: First Blood #2)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  464 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Spójrz na mnie. Spójrz na orka W twoich oczach jest strach i nienawiść. Dla ciebie jestem potworem przyczajonym w cieniu, bestią, która straszy dzieci, kreaturą którą trzeba upolować jak dzikie zwierzę. Ale bądź ostrożny. I w tobie mieszka bestia. Ja jestem panem twojego strachu. Jesteś mi winien szacunek. Posłuchaj mojej opowieści. Poczuj pulsowanie mojej krwi. I bądź wdz ...more
Published 2005 by Amber (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Legion gromu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legion gromu

Daniel
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book follows Stryke and crew in their search for the second of the instrumentalities, in their bid to return power to the lands and unseat Jennesta, the Sorceress Queen. This book finds the Orcs on the wrong side of crazed human cultists who believe Orc skin and blood are magic. They also entreat with Centaurs and fight pitched battles all through this book. It's a great read and the ending is really unbelievable, so it really got me reacquainted with these books so I can blast into the thi ...more
MegaSolipsist
Like the first book, this one is decently written, but nothing special. The plot was straight-forward and serviceable, Haskeer's stupidity seemed a bit flanderised, and the main character was compelling enough to stop me from giving up, but not enough to ever have me on the edge of my seat.
I think the main problem with these books is that the orc warband is just too elite. They regularly battle groups twice their size to the death without taking any casualties. I get that orcs are meant to be th
Guillermo
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
La Legión del Trueno, como su antecesora la Banda de Hurones, que en inglés se conoce como los Guardaespaldas del Trueno, fue escrita entre el 1999 y el 2000, continúa las aventuras de la banda guerrera conocida como los Hurones. Allí donde termina el primer libro, sin pensarlo mucho, inicia este. Luego nos decantaremos por varias líneas argumentales que se irán uniendo. Esto hará que en un momento se forme un buen nudo, que luego se desarmará para ofrecernos una línea argumental única y solida. ...more
Hyann
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Again, Nicholls's book isn't really about 'Orcs'. Accept having the classical Orcs looks all the world is build around them to be heroes.
And since he created is own world, each times they encounters a new races, he explain the different between his goblin and mainstream goblins

Main characters are invincible again, this band of 20 orcs could conquer the world! And look like they are blessed by gods with a mysterious Serapheim helping them...

The book have some twists but the Orcs just keep punchin
Mark
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This suffers from the same problem as its predecessor. There are many chance meetings and coincidences to drive the plot forward. They happen to meet this person or that orc who then meets someone else and passes on information. I get the author needs to setup meetings and conflicts but the way it is laid out seems lazy.

Also the stars are supposed to be super rare but all of a sudden the band knows where most of them are.

That being said, the character stuff is still enjoyable and there are enou
Karolina
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy

This is the second attempt of this writer to create an unusual tale. To say the truth, I read it only because I got the whole series from a friend. This one is definitely better than the first, although the characters are still as flat as a pancake. Generally a quick read, which neither rocked my world nor changed my opinion on the topic of orcs.
Annemieke
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A typical second book: lot of action but the story doesn't finish here. A lot of travelling, fighting and searching for the ... It reads quick. Still not much information about orc culture and other fantasy creatures. Now it was more about the storyline and the preparation for book 3.
Cindy
Jun 26, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2009
A typical second book, a lot of traveling and lots of fighting. Again there is another cliffhanger so you are forced to pick up book 3 and really no questions are answered like I enjoy in most books. Still a quick read and it was nice to see orcs.
Metello
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cartaceo, fantasy
Prosegue il precedente, senza infamia e senza lode, l'ho trovato forse più scorrevole del precedente.

La trama va avanti, forse mi aspettavo introducesse qualche personaggio nuovo o qualche situazione degna di nota, invece prosegue liscia.
Sarah Ehinger
while this continues to be a descent read, I feel this still lacks the detail of what I hope for in a book that flips the perspective to the orc point of view. as is, this is a fair adventure plot that you could interchange anyl fantasy race into.
Christopher Preiman
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I had hoped this book would take the good things from the first and build, but it is simply more of the same barely adequate questfiction. I will read the final book eventually but only because i cant read 2 volumes of a trilogy, but i don't expect to find anything redeeming in it.
Antonio Mancuso
Danny
Dec 05, 2011
Fvandrog
Feb 03, 2013
  • Das Schicksal der Zwerge (Die Zwerge, #4)
  • The Deathlord of Ixia (Lone Wolf, #17)
  • Rebel Planet (Fighting Fantasy, #18)
  • Windows Presentation Foundation Unleashed
  • Einstein and Religion: Physics and Theology
  • Lightwing
  • Lord of the Libraries (The Rover, #3)
  • The Da Vinci Hoax: Exposing the Errors in the Da Vinci Code
  • Mainline
  • Die eisige Zeit (Das Spiel der Götter, #4)
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil (Greyhawk Classics, #4)
  • Thor (Die Asgard-Saga, #1)
Stan Nicholls (born 1949) is a British author and journalist, working full-time since 1981. He is the author of many novels and short stories but is best known for the internationally acclaimed Orcs: First Blood series.
More about Stan Nicholls...

Orcs: First Blood (4 books)
  • Bodyguard Of Lightning (Orcs: First Blood, #1)
  • Warriors of the Tempest (Orcs: First Blood, #3)
  • Orcs (Orcs: First Blood, #1-3)