Start by marking “Click” as Want to Read:
Click

Click

(Click #1)

Fast approaching her 30th birthday and finding herself not married, not dating, and without even a prospect or a house full of cats, Renee Greene, the heroine of Click: An Online Love Story, reluctantly joins her best guy pal on a journey to find love online in Los Angeles. The story unfolds through a series of emails between Renee and her best friends (anal-compulsive Mar ...more
Published March 29th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Click, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Click

Marie
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer. You can find it, and many more reviews at the blog.

The idea of Click really appealed to me - probably because I’m single and turning thirty later this year. *gulp* Completely different from anything I’ve ever read, Click was told solely through emails between Renee and her friends, as well as men from Choose Jews, the dating site one of her best friends convinced her to join.

Renee had a great variety of friends, from the an
Kat
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I like books about dating and social networking. So when I found this book was about online dating in the form of e-mailing I had to grab it. This is the main characters e-mailing each other as well as potential dates. Loved it. The only flaw about this book is that Renee is so down on herself throughout the whole book.
Misty Baker
Online dating…oh what an interesting thing you are.

Back in the “bad ol days” when I had a “day job” I had the misfortune pleasure of working with a nymphomaniac. Now, I am by no means one to judge (*cough*) but her lifestyle was…well, lets just say it left very little to the imagination. While normal (or at least “normal” by HR’s standards) office mates talk about their children or whatever new dive bomb trend diet they are currently on, Madame X (which is what we are going to call her because s
Shanequa
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A very light and quick read that gave me a good number of legitimate chuckles throughout. I do have to take off stars because the book does get a bit repetitive at times, particularly with the escapades of the Shelley character; so what started as somewhat humorous at the beginning became a bit tiring towards the end. But that didn't deter me from finishing it and overall I still had an enjoyable time reading this.
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I was lucky enough to recieve a copy of Click for review after mentioning it looked good over on Talk Supe's blog. The synopsis for this book seemed really interesting to me as I met my current boyfriend online, though not via a dating website.

(If you must know we've followed each other on tumblr for 5 years and spent a lot of that time gaming together too, but we only got in a relationship this
Jo
Jun 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: don-t-bother
Picture this. Opening the first page on my computer what do I see ??? The book cover, the title page. All good. The table of contents tells me there are nine chapters.

Tap…kindle clicks over to the first page of the story.

Interesting. The book starts with a couple of e-mails. Including the ‘From, To and Subject’ lines of the e-mails.

Tap. Next page.

Tap.

Tap, tap.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

OMG !!!!!!!! The whole freaking book is nothing BUT e-mails with every e-mail including the ‘from, to and sub
Heather
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this but I somehow couldn't keep Renee and Shelley straight and kept forgetting which was the star. Maybe not being able to see them as they talked contributed to this, since everything was done via email. (Also maybe reading it at a cottage didn't help, since my attention wasn't always 100% on it.)

I also felt some threads weren't wrapped up at all at the end, and I really didn't like the "big disaster" Renee faced at the end. It didn't seem like a big deal to me at all.

I DID like the
Lori McD
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone with a taste for contemporary romance
3.5-4 stars

=======
DISCLAIMER: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. She didn't ask, but I agreed to provide an honest review in exchange for her generosity. This is my honest review.
========

This hip, quirky book is a fun and easy read. It's an almost year in the life of Renee Greene, about to turn 30, and rethinking her life. Like most of us, she's at a milestone birthday and thinking about how she *thought* her life would be at this point... and how it's not. In the book
Sonia189
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is told only using emails. I tend to like epistolary (in several of its possibilities) novels, so it was fun to read this.
I thought the plot would be like any other chick lit and it's not too complicated, no. But it had some funny things and, surprise, a slight twist at the end which I never imagined, bt now that I think about it, it's not weird it happened. Still, fast and entertaining.
Kathy
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Check out the interview with Lisa Becker at http://www.romanticreadingescapes.com

I was laughing from the very start of this book! Out loud! Lisa Becker managed to grab me and take me right into the friendships of Renee, Shelley, Ashley, and Mark...via email. The unconventional format of the writing really made feel as though I was a part of the conversations going on between these nutty friends. Yes, the book is written completely in the form of emails...and I became a pseudo-participant in the
Alaiel Kreuz
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What's there not to like? Hardly anything if you ask me. I begun with this book last night and here I am, sitting in front of my laptop after my hours of sweet dreams writing a review that will go like this:

Renee knows that if she wants to be in a relationship she needs to be outside, looking for a guy but... all the good boys are taken, right? Or a gay, of course.
But then one of her best friends, Mark, sends her an e-mail asking her for help: he has decided that one of his New Years's resolutio
Tiffany
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Since I happened to meet my husband online, I am always looking for more online love stories. Click immediately got my attention and it did not disappoint! Renee Greene is such a lovable character. She works hard and loves her friends, even when they are constantly bickering with each other and she has to keep the peace. I truly wanted her to meet someone worthy of her attention because she was such a genuine person. Renee's friends are also strong characters, complete with their own quirks and ...more
Annette Gisby
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humour, romance, m-f
The main reason I agreed to review this book was beacuse over twenty years ago I met my husband through the precursor of internet dating: a lonely hearts in a newspaper and I was eager to see if Renee could find her true love on the internet. One of Renee's friends, Ashley, at the beginning of the book says that it's only desperate people who would resort to such a thing, but I don't think that's necessarily true, as evidenced by my own experience of finding my Mr. Right. I'd never have met him ...more
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Renee is single and about to turn 30. She's looking at a future of DVD marathons and frosting binges, and she'll need a couple of cats, too. So when her friend Mark suggests they try online dating, she's just desperate enough to give it a chance. Really, how bad could it be?

This is a smart, fun read. It's written entirely in emails (the modern epistolary novel), but fear not, the characters have such clearly defined voices that you'll sort it out in no time. The perils of modern communication
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Click: An Online Love Story is a fun novel that charts twenty nine year old Renee Greene's search for love online. The story unfolds through a series of emails between Renee, her three closest friends and the men Renee meets through "Choose Jews".

I enjoyed the format of this novel, I have email conversations with my friends like this all the time (though not on the same subjects) so its familiarity is engaging and authentic.
Becker manages to establish distinct voices for her characters so that
Andrea
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Click: An Online Love Story was a much needed change of pace for me. The story is told through emails exchanged between main character, Renee, and her friends Mark, Shelley and Ashley. The friends are rapidly approaching their 30th birthdays (oh, boo-hoo!) and Mark harasses Renee into joining an online dating service with him. From there, the hilarity ensues. Seriously, I smiled through the entire reading of this book. If you've ever exchanged emails with a group of friends (and these days, who ...more
LiteraryMarie
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Renee is 30 years old, single, and ready to find a lover. Through convincing of her best friend, Mark, she joins an online dating site hoping to find a suitable date. With so many different sites to choose from, she settles on "Choose Jews." The online dating site name alone tickled me. The messages Renee received were even more chuckling.

In this technology age, the e-mail format was engaging and addicting to read. It is nine chapters that you can complete in one sitting. It only took me a few h
Marcie
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Click: On Online Love Story by Lisa Becker is the first book I've read in email form. That's right, the whole book in an exchange of emails between friends. I thought this a unique way of telling a story. For the most part I liked it, but I did miss those little details in stories that don't quite come across in emails. However I think Becker did a great job of pulling off an entertaining story line.
Renee Green is about to turn 30. She makes a pact with her friend Mark to try online dating. As y
SATIN SUE
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fran
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story! As I said many times, I am not a big fan of chick-lits, although I enjoy it occasionally. This time, it was a bit different, as I totally LOVED IT! The idea of setting the whole story through email exchange was very unique and clever, and it's because of this that the story is very fluent and just the right amount of fast-paced.
I related to Renee a lot, although I've never used an online dating service. But there is always a first time for everything, right? I was happy w
Talk Supe
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I have to admit, I had a challenging time adjusting Lisa Becker's email style of telling the story. I was looking for a more traditional way of storytelling with full descriptions, facial expressions and body language, atmospheric setting, etc. I almost DNF'd CLICK, but seeing all the positive reviews on GR encouraged me to power through.

And I'm glad I did because CLICK was so fun, flirty, and quite the romantic comedy! I enjoyed Renee's comical circle of friends as well as all of their romanti
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
3.75 sweet stars

I really enjoyed the premise of Click, especially in this digital age and when we are getting more "time poor".

It took me a little while to get my head around the characters, as the whole story is written in email form. it took a bit for me to figure out whose pov the emails were coming from, but the characters all started to get their own voice and I could distinguish them all better.

This is a sweet, funny read that felt a little bit like You've Got Mail with ADHD!
Amy
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
A hysterical read! I was laughing out loud quite often. It was a quick read which I like, not saying this is a bad or good thing. The main character, Renee, reminds me of me actually lol, and her friend reminds me of Samantha from Sex and the City. If anyone has tried the online dating world, it will be that much funnier.
Vivian
Nov 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
A fun, easy read.
Fran
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Click: Lisa Becker

Emails are fun to send and when several friends get together and share their thoughts with readers you will laugh, cry, smile and wonder just what gossip, tidbits and dating tips you will get when reading Click by author Lisa Becker. Shelley, Ashley, Mark and Renee are great friends who can’t seem to find the right soul mate you might say. Mark and Renee decide to venture out of their comfort zone and join an online dating service to see if they can meet someone right for them.
Y. Correa
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
I REALLY wanted to enjoy this book. I REALLY, TRULY did.

I think it might be one of those occasions where the blurb and idea sound fantastic, but once you dig in, you are disillusioned by what you find.

Truth be told, I offered to read this story simply because I loved the sound of it. Now, looking back, I am not so happy to have made that decision. But, I regress. With all of that said, I will entertain you with a bit of the premise.

Have you ever read a book and thought to yourself, “Hey, I’ve se
Queen Spades
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: peasantville
NOTE: A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

To me, Click is a cross between You’ve Got Mail and Sex and the City. You’ve Got Mail comes to mind because of the way the Internet and dating is utilized. Sex and the City is also a viable comparison due to four individuals and their adventures in the world of relationships.

The premise of Click is adorable and reflective of the modern world. It can be challenging to find the time to go through the usual proces
Viviana Izzo
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Literally, it’s a series of emails. It looks like this:

From: Character’s name here – date here – time here
To: Character’s name here
Subject: insert topic here

And of course the body of the email would be here. This is the first time I’ve seen such a format for a book. Interesting! The emails are not extremely long and get straight to the point in most cases (there are a few where you just want to know about the date or something and you first have to read through the “How was your day?” reply, bu
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Click by Lisa Becker invites the reader to examine pre-conceived notions on what online-dating is really like and whether you can find your soul-mate through a computer. And it’s f****** funny.
Having spent more than a year grieving and eating ice cream over the loss of her last relationship, Renee Greene makes a pact with her long-time friend Mark to get online and try a dating website. What starts as an experiment to get over one man by figuratively getting under another (okay, maybe not quite
Rachael
If you want to see more of my reviews, check out my blog @ Moosubi Reviews!

Disclaimer: The fact that I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review has not affected my rating. This review expresses my honest opinions.

Rating Clarification: 3 / 5

Before I start my review, I want to point out that Adult Contemporary Romance is not my usual genre. Sometimes I venture towards that realm because I’m curious, or I just want to try something new. Sometimes, there are elements that I
The Book Club for...: Free chick lit ebook 2 51 Jan 17, 2014 11:06AM
Not Just Young Adult: Free ebook of Chick Lit novel 1 15 Mar 31, 2013 01:28PM
Chick Lit: Free chick lit ebook 1 46 Mar 31, 2013 01:21PM
Women's Fiction a...: Chick Lit Author - Hello all! 1 13 Mar 31, 2013 01:17PM

• In Need of Therapy
  • Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)
  • Script Kiddie (Assured Destruction, #2)
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
  • Unmasking Maya
  • Reap (Reap, #1)
  • Not Telling
  • Burn Out
  • Your Roots Are Showing
  • The Baking Life of Amelie Day
  • Hollywood Forever
  • Circle of Silence (WiHi, #2)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Princess (American Princess, #1)
  • Channel Zero
  • Defy the Stars
Lisa Becker is an award-winning romance writer who spends her time like she spends her money - on books and margaritas. As Lisa’s grandmother used to say, “For every chair, there’s a tush.” Lisa is now happily married to a wonderful man she met online and lives in Manhattan Beach, California with him and their two daughters. So, if it happened for her, there’s hope for anyone! You can share your l ...more

Click (3 books)