Start by marking “Abish Mother of Faith” as Want to Read:
Abish Mother of Faith

Abish Mother of Faith (Abish #2)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Abish Mother of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abish Mother of Faith

Cindy Marcusen
I enjoyed reading the book, however as it progressed it was choppy and didn't flow well. It seemed the author was trying to finish quickly and stuff too much in before ending. The societal rules and ways of today were mashed with those of a presumably Jewish type community. some things seemed researched and others not. women were not allowed to tag along with the guys to meetings etc. The romance scenes seemed added for interest? Just seemed awkward. For just a fun quick read it was enjoyable.
Heather
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a continuation of KC Grant's "Abish: Daughter of God." Abish's journey continues as the Lamanites turn on each other as religious unrest grows throughout the land of Ishmael. She and her young children flee to Zarahemla with the other Nephites, but the challenges aren't over. Years of war takes its toll and even the most faithful are put to the ultimate test.
Jamille Parks
Sep 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I know it's bad, but it was boring and I mostly skimmed it.
Carolyn
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
While I love the first book due to the knowledge we do actualy have about Abish, this second one is not entirely backed by anything in the Book of Mormon. The creative license here in the second book would be even more wonderful if we knew what had actually happened to Abish after the events in King Lamoni's court.
But to link her with the mothers of the 2000 stripling warriors of the people of Ammon does sound plausible.
I did enjoy this second one though and I do recommend it of you love good fi
Vernon Ray
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: church-books
Leave it to K.C. Grant to pull a bonus novel out of a character from one passage of scripture, just by doing a little math. It does follow that Abish, had she been the age as in the first book, would have been one of the mothers who taught the Stripling Warriors to have faith.

Not as cohesive as the first one, this one covers a lot of ground, and a lot of time. It's more like a bunch of books bound together.
H.B. Moore
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
Gina Denny
DNF.

I pushed through to page fifty. Each chapter averages about five pages, but within those five pages they average five scene breaks. It makes for a very choppy read. As a result, I had a hard time connecting with the character, which is a shame, because Abish is a fascinating historical figure and I really wanted to love this.
Rachel
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This made for a very nice Sunday read as I was at home sick all day:) Grant writes a second book about the Book of Mormon character Abish by imagining her life after the account in the scriptures ends. The emphasis is on the character, rather the plot or the time period, but I found it to be a good read with nice tie-ins to scriptures.
Hannah
Another great book. I liked it. Sometimes I wanted to scream at the characters. Overall it was great. I wish she would do another one. Sometimes the book seemed a bit rushed like she skipped to much time. But I loved it. :D
Apzmarshl
A long story for a person mentioned one time in scripture. However it helped make sense of the battles that were raging at the time. Finally culminating in a very small part about the stripling warriors.
Lois
Jan 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book Grant wrote about Abish and I enjoyed this one too. It really does make one think about what it might have been like in those times. It could have happened the way this author portrays it. It makes the Book of Mormon come a live.
Nephi Jenks
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rated PG.
This is definitely a woman's book, with many themes that a woman will relate to. I on the other hand was looking for a little more action. I wish I could have listened to the first book, but it was not in audio book form
Vicki
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-fiction
Wonderful follow-up yo Abish! I loved it!
Kandi
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the extension to Abish's life, trials, patience, and great faith.
Arielle B
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING!!!!
Kasondra
I loved this story given through an intimate point of view. However I hate how I'm many places years were skipped over. Especially felt the end was rushed.
May 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting but somewhat melancholy. The stripling warrior thing was a very minor part of the book, still I did enjoy it.
Cheri
Mar 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-fiction
A nice story on what Abish's life might have been like being a part of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies.
Tenille
Great sequel to Abish Daughter of God. In this one she must rely on her faith to get her through some really tough times! Sometimes it wavered... but just for a moment!
Jodee Clark
Lovely story of triumph and faith.
Ines
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first book. A little too long-winded for me.
Amber
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good & Interesting Read.
Squeaky Clean Rating: 5 Stars
Susan
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enduring the ravishes of war and losing her beloved Jared because of hatred, and then raising her children alone because of it--Abish a remarkable woman.
Kami
Feb 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story but I felt the author rushed a bit too much. I loved the characters though and hope the author will continue to write more for me to check out. :)
K.C.
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I guess if you don't pat yourself on the back--who will!
Momruns5
May 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Listened to it. I don't know if I was just in a distracted time frame while listening to this or it was the books fault. It was interesting to think of the people of those days though.
Aleesa Thomson
Jul 17, 2014
Holly
Jun 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Be Still My Soul (A Banner is Unfurled, #2)
  • Ammon (Book of Mormon, #4)
  • Daughter of Helaman (Stripling Warrior, #1)
  • Night Song: A Story of Sacrifice (World War II Liberator #2)
  • Sorcerers and Seers (Tennis Shoes #11)
  • The Enoch Letters
  • Troubled Waters (Hearts of the Children, #2)
  • Eyes Like Mine
  • Christmas Rose
  • Blink of An Eye
  • A Healing Heart (Riverview Series #1)
  • Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #5)
  • Time and Eternity
  • When the Bough Breaks
K.C. Grant loves to write! From bad poetry at the age of seven to not-too-much-later attempts at a novel where the main character was a talkative red-haired girl (yes, that wasn't very creative) she has loved to create stories. In her adult career, she has written for family oriented magazines like BackHome, Parents and Kids, The Washington Family and LDSLiving. She was so excited about the releas ...more
More about K.C. Grant