Start by marking “Free Stuff Everyday” as Want to Read:
Free Stuff Everyday

Free Stuff Everyday

From cosmetics to gadgets, food to fashion, Mike Essex is an expert at convincing brands big and small to send him freebies. He has been interviewed on BBC News, the Times, ABC News, USA Today and more, sharing his secrets as the master of free stuff.

Free Stuff Everyday is Essex's simple step by step guide on how you can get free stuff. He also details why this is great fo
Published February 27th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Free Stuff Everyday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free Stuff Everyday

Wendy Hines
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always about saving money! I love getting samples because I like to try a product before I buy. I use coupons for anything and everything. My kids think I'm obsessed - maybe with saving money. Times are hard these days and you have to save and pinch everywhere you can

Free Stuff Everyday written by Mike Essex says to throw those coupons out and get items for free. He even tells you how. I have some experience with this. For instance, I'm reviewing Mike's book and in return, he gave me a free
Rachel Cotterill
It strikes me as slightly ironic that I got this book, about getting free stuff, as a freebie. And maybe that just demonstrates that I'm not quite in the target demographic: I've been looking for freebies for about as long as I can remember, and since I started blogging (in 2008), I've had PR companies approaching me to offer their products.

So there was a lot of this book that I skimmed over, particularly in the introductory chapters, as it wasn't news to me that brands will give gifts and sampl
Fran Bott
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Free Everyday Stuff by Mike Essex

Companies like to have customers try their products for free. But how do you let those companies know that you are the customer they need to send that product to? Look no further……

In his book “Free Everyday Stuff”, Mike Essex show you how to do just that. From creating a Persona, to the unique offer to pitch, to making contact with a company and everything in between – all are covered in this one little book.

Mike goes into great detail of what to do, how to do it
Babs
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a good book for anyone wanting to get free items from various people. Mike is straight to the point on how to get things done and offers a lot of advice and examples. Some of these I have tired and still do and it does work.

I liked the templates he also includes in the book to help people along. I would say that if companies start getting a lot of request they might start slowing down on who they do let in to receive the free items.

Overall a great book and great ideas to help anyone.

If
Jill
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This how-to-do-it book does not contain a list of companies or organizations to request free stuff. The main audience is a blogger that want to develop a methodic way to barter a review for company products. It is also provides helpful steps for any person trying to sell a product. An inherent problem not discussed by author Mike Essex is how to find a balance between what is offered and what is gained by both parties.
Mark
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't like free stuff? I know that I do!! I loved the tips in this book for getting free stuff. This book basically covers ideas on how to get free stuff from companies. Why not try to take advantage of the opportunities of free stuff. Bartering is a great thing to bring back and another great tip from the author on how to get free stuff. I also liked the idea of doing testimonials. I have done these in the past and have gotten so many free things! Loved the ideas and learned a lot!
Tanya
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This wasn't what I thought it would be. Although Mike Essex does a good job laying out how to contact companies to receive free items, it doesnt show proof or offer better insight. I went into the book thinking it would have websites or addresses to contact or sign up with testimonals on what people have gotten. It does point people in the right direction, but for those beginners, like me, I need more direction.
Susan
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this had some good ideas , some of which i have done but he also gives ideas to take the idea of approaching companies for products to a whole new level. It can be used by someone like me just wanting a few freebies to review through to those wanting to make a business from reviewing or other things in exchange for getting products from companies.
Carrie Watson
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. This would be very useful for anyone wanting to try different products in a way that doesn't make you look like a mooch! ;) Very good!
Mar 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I 've been getting free stuff for yrs this book is just blah
Carol Thompson
Frank Harden
Dec 26, 2013
lori thoresen
Apr 03, 2014
Hi everyone. I'm the author of the 'Tethered Twins' trilogy of dystopian fiction and the 'Free Stuff Everyday' guide to getting free stuff.

I've recently joined Goodreads and would love to hear from you whether you have read my books or not.

If you have any questions for me on writing, or my books then please get in touch. I love to hear from fellow readers and writers and look forward to hearing f