Start by marking “A Cup of Comfort for Women: Stories that celebrate the strength and grace of womanhood” as Want to Read:

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Each Cup of Comfort book features over 50 exceptional stories of ordinary people who have overcome great obstacles, persevered through thick and through thin, and found the power to control their own destinies. Readers will laugh and cry out loud as they share in the many moving experiences detailed within these pages.
Published September 1st 2002 by Cup of Comfort (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about A Cup of Comfort for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cup of Comfort for Women

Gowri N.
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A surprisingly good alternative to the more-famous Chicken Soup for the Soul series. In fact, I felt the stories here had more depth and warmth, though they were not as diverse in terms of theme. For instance, practically every story had women who have made conventional choices in life and many of them revolved around family and friendships with other women.

Nevertheless, a cosy weekend read.
Amelia-Irene
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book to read. It has it times for a cry rag and times for a laugh. There are things to learn from several of the stories. I would whoe heartedly suggest that women everywhere should read this or a similiar book. This reminds me of the Guidepost devotionals and the Chicken Soup for the Soul books.... Enjoy.
Pat Williams
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A book of short essays to stir your thoughts and emotions. I enjoyed very much and will be sipping another cup soon. Some of the writers were very creative. "Well Furnished with Love" by Julia Rosien was such a wonderful example of creative writing. "The Rising of the Sun" by Camille Moffat painted a beautiful picture of a young girls interpretatin of the sunrise.
Ida Mawadah
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
i have read this book when I was in college
i found this book at library, actually I took randomly to spent my spare time after my class over

but I think I begin to like every part of the story in this book very inspired me....
Christine
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book of short stories and am looking forward to reading other Cuo of Comfort collections.
Marcia
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Given to me by my BFF to help pass the hours spent in chemo treatment. Lots of Post-its haninging out top and bottom to mark much loved stories and passages.
 Barb Bailey
Oct 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is filled with uplifting stories of women who are supportive, accomplished , loving and bound together in friendship.
Ana
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved all the stories! Uplifting & comforting for sure!
Lilly Thompson
Saw it at a garage sale and decided to give it a try.
Michelle Kidwell
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book with wonderful stories of womanhood!!!!
Dawn
Lashanda
rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2008
Maddy Hayes
rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2010
Cheri
Dec 11, 2009
Denisa-Ioana Damache
Apr 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
32047
Colleen Sell is a freelance writer and editor with expertise in book and magazine development and a passion for storytelling. Her professional experience also includes content development & management and marketing communications development & management.

Since 1999, Colleen has provided writing, editing, ghostwriting, proofreading, editorial development, content management, publishing cons
More about Colleen Sell...