Start by marking “Unicorn Being a Jerk” as Want to Read:
Unicorn Being a Jerk

Unicorn Being a Jerk

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  245 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Mystical, gentle, magical . . . as if. You’ve obviously never seen a unicorn in his natural habitat—those guys are jerks. Cartoonist C. W. Moss reveals the less-than-wonderful side of the world’s most wondrous creature in his hilarious series of single panel comics, Unicorn Being A Jerk. Take a gander at what these fantastical creatures are really like, in comics like “Uni ...more
Published November 8th 2011 by It Books

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn Being a Jerk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorn Being a Jerk

Tashia Mccarty
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
What the hell did I just read. The concept was funny. Asshole Unicorn. I expected.. well I don't know what I expected! This book is really offensive. If you're like me and are offended by almost nothing, go ahead and read it. Seriously though, if you're sensitive maybe skip this one. It wasn't as funny as I'd hoped.
Raymond
Jan 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'm not a prude and I can certainly see the humour in embarrassing, unfortunate, or coincidental situations. And in truth this book has some of that, but then you get to the; "Denying the holocaust, abusing his wife, microwaving a kitten, and the most disgusting, being a paedophile" comics.

The real horror is that I stopped flicking through this book at this stage, abandoning all hope that this would make a humorous gift for my sister, due to the genuine fear that it might contain more disrespect
Chy
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
What I think’s most hilarious is that I could sit here and read about three “deeper meanings” into this whole book, and I’m pretty sure at least one of them is intentional. (I’m not going to go into them because it’d make me feel like a douche. Or, if you will, like a unicorn being a jerk.)

I did my best to explain how it could be that he's just been misunderstood. I killed a pack of sticky notes to do it, but hopefully future readers of this particular copy will be able to see another side to th
Martyn
Aug 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
A reviewer on Amazon wrote - "The description of this book on Amazon made it seem like it would be cute, but how is "being a pedophile" and "still giving blood even though he has AIDS" funny? Disgusting and distasteful" - I pretty much agree with that statement. Also, I'm not sure "being a jerk" is quite a strong enough phrase to describe the person who would do either of those things.

I fully understand the complexities of comedy and appreciate that it certainly does not have to pander to any no
Miss
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
One note joke. On the plus side: it took about five minutes to read. On the minus: it got old within two. 2 stars
Justen
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
People with a sick, deranged sense of tasted, humor will tear up from laughter. There are so many things you can pinpoint to certain people in your friend/relative groups, it isn't even funny.
Deirdre
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book illustrates instances of a unicorn being a jerk, which, in my opinion, is a pretty great concept. I found the book highly entertaining, though it's definitely not appropriate for politically correct moods (or children).
Alexandra Tobor
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Unfassbar.
Vonia
Mar 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: humor-novelty
... uh... I realize it is supposed to be funny.. but it's pretty offensive!!!!...
Em
Dec 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
<3 it
RuthAnn
Jul 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry I wasted my time.

This was one of the most stupid books I have ever read! Did I miss something others have found in this book?
Kelly
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
a long read, but i got through it. the unicorn is a genius!
Christi
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
He really is.
Jillian
Only for adults

Some intentionally distasteful humor, which I'm fine with. However, if you thought it was ok to show your kids "Stuff Penguins Hate" (which we all found hilarious), know that this book is not intended for children at all and has a much darker sense of humor. Some of the jokes landed, while others just made me "tsk", and I'm not a prude. Generally, I'd recommend reading it as you stand in the humor section at the book store, but it was worth the 99-cent sale price on my Kindle. (Re
ashley
This book was awful. I have a really dark sense of humor. I laugh about things I really should not laugh about. But, this is terrible. Unicorn putting a kitten in the microwave- not funny. Unicorn hoping his son isn't gay- not funny. Unicorn abusing his wife- not funny. Unicorn being a stalker- not funny. Unicorn being a pedophile- not funny. It's stupid. None of that is funny. And I get that it's satire, but it's stupid. It's rude. It's gross. I hated this book. AWFUL.
Antoinette Perez
This book with a funny title will attract and offend people, for sure. Some of the situations in which the unicorn is "being a jerk" would be more accurately labeled "unicorn being a felon." But matters of taste and morality aside, I think the concept is great and the artwork is fantastic. And this is not a book for children.
David Schaafsma
May 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cartoons
Some of these are deliberately not funny, as in pushing the limit, crossing the line the way comedians are supposed to do, and almost every time this dude jokes in this fashion, I like it less. There's some genuinely funny stuff in here, though. Just that the line-crossing stuff is mean and worse. I mean, your line is different than mine, but mine is pretty generous, typically, I think….
Stephanie
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny

I would recommend this book to anyone with a twisted sense of humor. I laughed throughout the entire book! There was one issue with no picture to go with one page.
Ash Moran
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is just brilliant, it's one of the funniest things I've ever read. I bought it after seeing a friend tweet photos of some of the pages from a New York bookshop. I think I'd ordered a copy before he'd even left the store.
Ashley
Well, no surprises there. Unicorn was a jerk. Sometimes it was funny, sometimes it wasn't, and sometimes it was plain wrong. I think most of the ones I thought were wrong sort of discolored the book for me. I mean it had it's moments, but at the end of the book I was more disturbed than anything.
Annie
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
uuuuuh this book... it had its funny moments I'll give it that. Though some things were pretty disrespectful and just wrong. The whole "kitty in the microwave", "abusing his wife", "being a pedophile"... I don't think there's any humor in that.
Olivia
May 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
A funny, fast read - but definitely a tad offensive at times.
Ryane
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I stood in hmv stifling a hardcore laugh. I felt like a terrible person. though crude, I'm pretty sure this book made my day. So innocently terrible.
Sandra Mccormick
Aug 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Stupid, enough said
Lee-ann Dunton
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved this book so much. The jokes are pretty hilarious, but this definitely isn't everyone's type of humour. ;)
Fiscassia
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
I received this as a gift. There were a few of them that I found funny, but mostly they seemed uninteresting or repetitive to me.
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, really. Funny and a bit rude. And, I have to say, that Unicorn IS a jerk!
Henry
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious
Monique
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Funny stuff!
Cara
Honestly, the blank page at the beginning was the funniest. 'The End' was the best.
  • Stick Man's Really Bad Day
  • Zombies Hate Stuff
  • Teh Itteh Bitteh Book of Kittehs: A LOLcat Guide 2 Kittens
  • Wall Street Coloring Book
  • Werewolves of Chernobyl
  • The Twig Trilogy (Edge Chronicles #4-6): Includes Beyond the Deepwoods, Stormchaser & Midnight Over Sanctaphrax
  • The Other Side
  • Cirque Du Freak Boxed Set #2 (Cirque Du Freak, #5-8)
  • My Most Secret Desire
  • The Templeton Twins Make a Scene (Templeton Twins, #2)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, #1)
  • The Book of Leviathan
  • Hellblazer: The Gift
  • Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula
  • Look at This Fucking Hipster
  • Kids Are Weird: And Other Observations from Parenthood
  • Pocket Guide To The Apocalypse: The Official Field Manual For The End Of The World
  • Steam Punk: Manimatron