Start by marking “Unicorn Being a Jerk” as Want to Read:
Unicorn Being a Jerk

Unicorn Being a Jerk

Mystical, gentle, magical...as if. You’ve obviously never seen a unicorn in his natural habitat—those guys are jerks. Cartoonist C. W. Moss reveals the less-than-wonderful side of the world’s most wondrous creature in his hilarious series of single panel comics, Unicorn BeingAJerk. Take a gander at what these fantastical creatures are really like, in comics like “Unicorn ...more
Published November 8th 2011 by It Books

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn Being a Jerk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorn Being a Jerk

Start your review of Unicorn Being a Jerk
Tashia
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
What the hell did I just read. The concept was funny. Asshole Unicorn. I expected.. well I don't know what I expected! This book is really offensive. If you're like me and are offended by almost nothing, go ahead and read it. Seriously though, if you're sensitive maybe skip this one. It wasn't as funny as I'd hoped.
Raymond
Jan 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'm not a prude and I can certainly see the humour in embarrassing, unfortunate, or coincidental situations. And in truth this book has some of that, but then you get to the; "Denying the holocaust, abusing his wife, microwaving a kitten, and the most disgusting, being a paedophile" comics.

The real horror is that I stopped flicking through this book at this stage, abandoning all hope that this would make a humorous gift for my sister, due to the genuine fear that it might contain more
Chy
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
What I think’s most hilarious is that I could sit here and read about three “deeper meanings” into this whole book, and I’m pretty sure at least one of them is intentional. (I’m not going to go into them because it’d make me feel like a douche. Or, if you will, like a unicorn being a jerk.)

I did my best to explain how it could be that he's just been misunderstood. I killed a pack of sticky notes to do it, but hopefully future readers of this particular copy will be able to see another side to
Ana  Almeida
Dec 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is just horrible...
Yomayra Ramirez
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
who cant relate to some of the stuff on there?
Martyn
Aug 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
A reviewer on Amazon wrote - "The description of this book on Amazon made it seem like it would be cute, but how is "being a pedophile" and "still giving blood even though he has AIDS" funny? Disgusting and distasteful" - I pretty much agree with that statement. Also, I'm not sure "being a jerk" is quite a strong enough phrase to describe the person who would do either of those things.

I fully understand the complexities of comedy and appreciate that it certainly does not have to pander to any
Miss Susan
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
One note joke. On the plus side: it took about five minutes to read. On the minus: it got old within two. 2 stars
Justen
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
People with a sick, deranged sense of tasted, humor will tear up from laughter. There are so many things you can pinpoint to certain people in your friend/relative groups, it isn't even funny.
a.
Jul 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This book was awful. I have a really dark sense of humor. I laugh about things I really should not laugh about. But, this is terrible. Unicorn putting a kitten in the microwave- not funny. Unicorn hoping his son isn't gay- not funny. Unicorn abusing his wife- not funny. Unicorn being a stalker- not funny. Unicorn being a pedophile- not funny. It's stupid. None of that is funny. And I get that it's satire, but it's stupid. It's rude. It's gross. I hated this book. AWFUL.
Deirdre
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book illustrates instances of a unicorn being a jerk, which, in my opinion, is a pretty great concept. I found the book highly entertaining, though it's definitely not appropriate for politically correct moods (or children).
Kelly
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
a long read, but i got through it. the unicorn is a genius!
RuthAnn
Jul 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry I wasted my time.

This was one of the most stupid books I have ever read! Did I miss something others have found in this book?
Cara
Honestly, the blank page at the beginning was the funniest. 'The End' was the best.
Vonia
Mar 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
... uh... I realize it is supposed to be funny.. but it's pretty offensive!!!!...
Hallie
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This picture book is so bad. The unicorn can't give anyone a break. Whatever you think is bad make that ten times worse and you have what the unicorn is doing. It is hilarious though. If you have a sick sence of humor then this is the book to have on your coffee table to get a good laugh at everyone who flips through it. I am super glad I found this at my local used bookstore.
Brianna Noelle
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was really just weird.

Lol don't get me wrong, I was attracted by the fact it had a unicorn, and who doesn't love unicorns?

And if you like looking at illustrations of unicorns doing strange, rude, and sometimes illegal things, then this is the book for you.

If you're not into that, then it's just weird...
Shannon Benjamin-Boote
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
I get it, but I didn’t like it. I am not easily offended so that was not it, I just thought it was idiotic. My opinion take it or leave it, either way that’s all I can say.
Xiomara
Feb 19, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it would be funny but this was really offensive.
Rani Multani
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
What did I just read
Anaïs
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jillian
Only for adults

Some intentionally distasteful humor, which I'm fine with. However, if you thought it was ok to show your kids "Stuff Penguins Hate" (which we all found hilarious), know that this book is not intended for children at all and has a much darker sense of humor. Some of the jokes landed, while others just made me "tsk", and I'm not a prude. Generally, I'd recommend reading it as you stand in the humor section at the book store, but it was worth the 99-cent sale price on my Kindle.
David Schaafsma
May 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cartoons
Some of these are deliberately not funny, as in pushing the limit, crossing the line the way comedians are supposed to do, and almost every time this dude jokes in this fashion, I like it less. There's some genuinely funny stuff in here, though. Just that the line-crossing stuff is mean and worse. I mean, your line is different than mine, but mine is pretty generous, typically, I think….
Antoinette Perez
This book with a funny title will attract and offend people, for sure. Some of the situations in which the unicorn is "being a jerk" would be more accurately labeled "unicorn being a felon." But matters of taste and morality aside, I think the concept is great and the artwork is fantastic. And this is not a book for children.
Ashley
Well, no surprises there. Unicorn was a jerk. Sometimes it was funny, sometimes it wasn't, and sometimes it was plain wrong. I think most of the ones I thought were wrong sort of discolored the book for me. I mean it had it's moments, but at the end of the book I was more disturbed than anything.
Ash Moran
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is just brilliant, it's one of the funniest things I've ever read. I bought it after seeing a friend tweet photos of some of the pages from a New York bookshop. I think I'd ordered a copy before he'd even left the store.
Stephanie
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny

I would recommend this book to anyone with a twisted sense of humor. I laughed throughout the entire book! There was one issue with no picture to go with one page.
Annie
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
uuuuuh this book... it had its funny moments I'll give it that. Though some things were pretty disrespectful and just wrong. The whole "kitty in the microwave", "abusing his wife", "being a pedophile"... I don't think there's any humor in that.
Brittnee
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a treat. I think I've seen this unicorn in the wild!
Karen-Leigh
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cartoons-comics
Very simple, very fast read. Some of the captions unpleasant.
Justin
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious dark humor. If you like the Far Side, you will LOVE this cute, fun and short book. Highly recommended for the sick and twisted!

• Lady Stuff: Secrets to Being a Woman
  • Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes: Owlturd Comix
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • Cyanide and Happiness
  • If My Dogs Were a Pair of Middle-Aged Men
  • How to Be a Cat: (Cat Books for Kids, Cat Gifts for Kids, Cat Picture Book)