Start by marking “Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #2)

Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride

(Emma Rae Creations #2)

As a wedding planner, you'd thinkshe would have the perfect wedding experience...

SherilynCaine has left Chicago behind to marry Andrew Drummond IV, an Atlanta native with a family name that tops all the social registers. Landing the job as The Tanglewood’s wedding planner is a piece of cake for someone with a Type A personality; she’s the perfect fit for a wedding destina

Published October 1st 2011 by Abingdon Press

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“As a wedding planner, you'd think she would have the perfect wedding experience...
Sherilyn Caine has left Chicago behind to marry Andrew Drummond IV, an Atlanta native with a family name that tops all the social registers. Landing the job as The Tanglewood’s wedding planner is a piece of cake for someone with a Type A personality; she’s the perfect fit for a wedding destination hotel known for its attention to even the tiniest details.
But when everything else is going along
Casey
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-kindle
I love me a quirky romance. You know the kind that never seems to go the way it should? Or the kind that always throws out a bit of a surprise to the characters without seeming cheesy? I think this new novel fits the bill nicely.

When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about a wedding planner unlucky in love, when it was really about a wedding planner and her fiancée that keep getting stalled on the way to the altar. Missing wedding dresses, a motion sickness-prone dog and aller
Trish
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fiction; Christian/Romance
5 stars

Every time I finish a book like this one, I ask myself why I don't read more of them. Though considered part of the christian fiction genre, this book has all the great characteristics of a PG rated chick lit novel. It is delightful and romantic with that certain fun-loving quality, humorous tone typical of chick lit type books.

Sherilyn Caine and Emma Rae Travis have been friends since their college days. With virtually no family of her own, Sherilyn quickly gets
Aerykah
Great read!! Really enjoyed this book as well as the first one: Always The Baker Never The Bride.
Tina
Jun 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Original post at One More Page

I read and enjoyed Sandra D. Bricker's other book, Always the Baker, Never the Bride last year, and I honestly had no idea that this was a part of a series. So when I saw the galley for this book on Netgalley, I was pleasantly surprised. The first book wasn't a favorite, but I liked it enough for me to get the sequel and read it in between pages of a ghost story I was also currently reading.

In Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride (which will be known a
Mercedes Cordero
More like 3 1/2 stars

Not as predictable as I expected: the characters' journeys had some very nice twists and turns and, although the ending is pretty much same old, same old, it was still cute and romantic. There are some pretty ridiculous things (Sherilyn possibly allergic to her fiance... seriously?), but it is well written. The author does a great job of being funny without overdoing it, which I think is a great skill.

As a Christian novel, with Christian main characters, it was strange how t
Amanda
Jul 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I think maybe you need to be obsessed with weddings to really enjoy this. There were some good parts in this book, but most of it was kind of bland. Not so bad that I wanted to quit reading, but enough that I wished it would have gone faster. I didn't feel any chemisty between the main couple. It seemed like the author kept telling me they were in love without really making me believe it. Most of the "drama" came from a lack of communication, which also detracted from them being a great couple. ...more
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sherilyn just landed a job as the wedding coordinator for The Tanglewood, a destination hotel where her best friend from college is the baker (Always the Baker, Never the Bride). It's the perfect job and the perfect place to have her own wedding. Will her past come back to ruin her dream wedding?

Most romance novels begin when the girl meets the guy. This one starts with the Sherilyn and Andy already engaged. This change of set-up is refreshing and creates a story of getting to know the in-laws,
Melissa
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, ebook
Sherilyn is a wedding planner who moves to Atlanta to be near her good friend. She makes the move with her fiance who is also moving to be closer to friends and family. They've only known each other a few months and both are trying to determine if they are doing the right thing by getting married. As she encounters bad luck with each detail of planning her own wedding she is becoming more and more convinced that this isn't what she is supposed to do.

The main story is a cute story but the author
Cookielover
Well, she was allergic to her fiancés shampoo. Um, this book did not work for me. But if you like those stories that strike up basically no emotion or those plain strictly romance novels, go for it. But hey, the cover was cute.
Abby Breuklander
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love love and love!!
Cmking14
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Fast Read from Sandra D. Bricker

I do not know why I waited so long to read these books. They have been in my Kindle for a bit now. Bricker makes you want to jump in her books with two feet and stay until finished. The books take place in Atlanta and every time the author mentions a restaurant I have to look it up. We may have to have an Atlanta Eats day visiting some of these spots.
I loved seeing old characters as well as the new ones. Oh, and the recipes sound amazing. I will have to t
Mari
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a romance book, with several couples all of a sudden, getting engaged. They are all friends and all in the same starting of a life together. (Not real believable). Some things were interesting, but it was hard to hold interest.
Shannon
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, fluffy, inspiration read.
Gidg
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: friends who like cozy romance
Recommended to Gidg by: my niece Aja
Shelves: romance
The first book in the series was certainly better than the second by a fraction but this book certainly had me misty eye towards the end of it. In the first book we find the characters just finding their way to each other and in the book we are in the middle of the relationship of the main characters as they try to make their way to the alter.

With some issues plaguing both characters due to baggage from past relationships we see them work together and leaning on each other along with their faith
Sylvia Martinez
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice Wedding Story

Enjoyed the read it has twist and turns but all in all a nice get your mind off of stuff and escape into a nice lighthearted book.
Janet
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this Christian fiction series. Getting ready to read book #3 :-)
Danica Stone
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
It is possible that I didn't do this book justice when I was reading it. I was speed-devouring it. If I bolted a slice of cake this way, I don't know if I'd be able to comment on its nuances and quality, so take that with a... grain of salt. Sorry. Mixed food metaphor.

Let's take it as read (sorry, sorry again) that it had many of the same sterling qualities as the first book in the series. It's light-hearted, funny, and has a lot of luscious food descriptions.

Here's why it got knocked down a s
Sabrina
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this book I have to say was incredibly entertaining. I loved how there were pages about wedding themes, recipes, and other forms at the end of every chapter. I didn't really know what to expect going into this book as the synopsis is so short and vague. What I did know though is that I wanted to read a funny, happy-go-lucky chick lit novel about weddings and that is sort of what I got.
Plot
As I said at the beginning of this novel I didn't know what to expect, therefore I assumed that, sin
Georgina
Sep 28, 2011 rated it really liked it

Working in the wedding industry, I’m just a little bit in love with all things wedding and that includes books about weddings. When I heard about the novel Always The Wedding Planner Never The Bride by Sandra D Bricker I just knew that I had to read it. After all what could be better than chick lit with weddings and wedding planning? Not much in my eyes, which is why I was so excited to get started.

Sherilyn Caine has left Chicago behind to marry Andrew Dru
Iola
Wedding planner Sherilyn Keyes has left Chicago behind to marry Andrew Drummond IV, an Atlanta native with a family name that tops all the social registers. She joins Emma, her old college roommate and baker, in working at the Tanglewood Inn, a destination wedding hotel. But Sherilyn faces a series of challenges to her relationship and her faith as she and Andrew settle into their new jobs and begin planning their own wedding.

This is the second book in Sandra Bricker’s Never the bride series, fo
Jessica (Just So Jessica)
3.5

In Always the Baker, Never the Bride we are introduced to Emma Rae Travis, the diabetic baker. And in Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride we are introduced to Sherilyn Caine, Emma Rae's best friend from college. While Emma couldn't hardly ever eat anything with sugar, Sherilyn eats sugar at almost every possible moment. A habit that Emma told her would catch up with her after college when life slowed down. Which it eventually does and Sherilyn is now very self-conscious about (along w
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
First reviewed here: http://overweight-bookshelf.blogspot....

I kept on reading this book on and off for over two months. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Always the Baker, Never the Bride, and was happy to see many of the main characters return, but I had difficulty connecting with the storyline at times.

The heroine of the story, Sherilyn, is completely loveable and relatable and Andy was a charming male lead. However, I did feel a disconnect with Sherilyn and Andy as a couple. W
Camille
Always The Wedding Planner, Never The Bride by Sandra D. Bricker

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review. I am under no obligation to write a positive review, just an honest one.

Sherliyn Caine and her fiancé have just moved back to Atlanta from Chicago in preparation for their wedding, and their new jobs. Her fiancé, Andrew Drummond IV, is the perfect man. So sweet, caring, respectful and everything she just ever wanted.

Sherliyn finds an amazing job working w
Nora St Laurent
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I became aware of Sandra’s novel when it won the ACFW’s Book Club pick for December. I was thankful for the review copy and can’t wait for the discussion on the ACFW book club loop. The cover of this book says fun, fun, fun. I wasn’t disappointed.

Sandra has Emma Rae Travis and Sherilyn Carrie meet in college and then go separate ways because of career choices. The girls hoped that they’d work together someday in the future.

But life happens and things aren’t as they expected. Then the girls get
Susan
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the second in a series of what I am affectionately calling "Always the (fill in the blank here), Never the Bride" by Sandra D. Bricker. This time around we meet Sherilyn Caine who has just landed the perfect fiance and the dream job of a lifetime.

Anyway, the soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Deliriously Happy are on the way back to Atlanta and Sherilyn is headed to The Tanglewood Inn to start her new job. Good thing she is friends with Emma because she's going to need her as she settles into her
Michelle Boyea
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Sandra D. Bricker writes very cute and hilarious stories.

I love the way the way Sherrilyn and Andy find each other and fall in love over and over again. I loved following up with Emma and seeing how her new life was going.

But my favorite character is definitely Fee
Kim
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sherilyn Caine is the perfect wedding planner - she knows what needs to be done when and where and how. She is currently engaged to a man she has known less than a year and has recently moved from Chicago to Georgia, where she found the perfect job working with her best friend, Emma Rae Travis. Sherilyn should be an expert at planning weddings but when there are problems finding her dress and problems with ex-partners, will Andrew Drummond IV and Sherilyn be able to tie the knot? Will Andrew's m ...more
Beverly
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Why all of a sudden have things gone wrong? How is it even possible for two wedding dresses to just disappear? Is Andy having second thoughts about marrying Sherilyn? What seemed so perfect a few weeks ago now seems impossible. This quick-read Christian romance will tickle your funny bone at all the crazy mishaps for the couple on the way to the altar.

Sherilyn and Andy are engaged. They've only known each other a few months, but it feels like a match made in heaven. They are sure they will be h
Cheeyee
Dec 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Review At: I Read, I Think, I Share

Review Date: 28 Dec 2011

Review URL: http://littlemermybooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/always-wedding-planner-never-bride-by.html

This is a rather sweet story. As Sherilyn and Andrew do not get to know each others for long before they are engaged, they knew they are right for each other, but they are unsure if the other party are ready to settle down. Moreover they are moving to another town, starting the new life there. In this story, we see how they work out those i
  • The Glory of Green (Green #3)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • A Time to Heal (Quilts of Lancaster County, #2)
  • Stars Collide (Backstage Pass, #1)
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Highland Sanctuary (Highlands, #2)
  • Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2)
  • Delivered with Love
  • Sweet Baklava
  • A Texan's Honor (Heart of a Hero, #2)
  • The Mother Road
  • Priced to Move (The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection #1)
  • Head Over Heels
  • Here We Come (Aggie's Inheritance, #3)
Sandra D. Bricker was an entertainment publicist in Los Angeles for more than 15 years, where she attended school to learn screenwriting and eventually taught the craft for several semesters. She became a best-selling, award-winning author of Live-Out-Loud Fiction for the inspirational market, authored books such as the Jessie Stanton novels, and was best known for her Emma Rae Creation series. Ov ...more

Emma Rae Creations (4 books)
  • Always the Baker, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #1)
  • Always the Designer, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #3)
  • Always the Baker, Finally the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #4)