Start by marking “Obsessed by Dress” as Want to Read:
Obsessed by Dress

Obsessed by Dress

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
The flourish of a creative spirit or a sign of conformity to the social norms? This text assures us that the obsession with clothes is as old as human history itself. Quotes on the question What shall I wear? range from Virgil to Jane Austen, and from Mae West to Coco Chanel
Published October 19th 2001 by Beacon Press (MA) (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Obsessed by Dress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Obsessed by Dress

Marsha
Clothes make the man, or so they say. Fashion, dress, style and color are matters of concern that change year by year, season by season. What’s in, what’s out, what’s hot, what’s not. No human on this earth goes about without clothing of some sort and dress reveals much about the person wearing it. Marital status, rank, sex, occupation and much more are indicated by what you wear.

Some of us say we don’t care about fashion and some of us truly don’t. But they are among the few. The rest of us ca
Huma Rashid
This book is filled with quotes about fashion - from designers, from actors, from politician-types, from writers, and so on. It's only quotations, so if you're into that sort of thing...

Personally, I would have loved it if there was commentary from the author - some kind of silly, snarky little Dave-Barry-esque column in each chapter along with all the quotes, rather than just page after page of quotations. But they're not a bad set of quotes, either. They range from funny, profound, insightful,
Monique
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
won this book through one of my book groups and love it! a book that can be picked up and read from any point ~ love all the quotes and insights from some of the most fabulous and fashinoable people! :)
Tracey