Start by marking “Echo: The Complete Edition” as Want to Read:
Echo: The Complete Edition

Echo: The Complete Edition

(Echo #1-6)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,241 Ratings  ·  146 Reviews
Julie is in the wrong place at the wrong time and becomes an unwilling participant in a web of murder and deceit that becomes nuclear! She is forced to find the maker of the atomic plasma that has rained down on her. As the plasma grows, she gets closer and closer to answers with the help of the original owner of the atomic suit she now wears. A lunatic with powers from th ...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Abstract Studio (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Echo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echo

Alger
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Chriso
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
William Thomas
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a kid, I didn't really understand why anyone would bother with comic books like 'Strangers in Paradise'. I just didn't get it. No one in them seemed to have a single super-power. It was in black and white. It just didn't appeal to me.

Flash forward to about 1996 and I see a copy of 'Stray Bullets' at a table at a convention in Rosemont. It had a scared-looking kid on the cover holding a pistol. The art didn't have a bunch of hashing. Lots of solid lines and solid blacks. Normally I wouldn't h
Dayna Ingram
Terry Moore is a god among graphic novelists.

Okay, I super wanted to give this five stars, but whatever actually happened in the Collider at the end was too smishsmashed together and confusing (maybe on purpose, because Moore just needed to wrap things up and the plot was just a backdrop for some delicious character-development anyway) so it's not perfect.

But it's quite an adventure.

I mean, there's an entire "episode" in here that's just three men at a table basically giving us massive amounts o
Cale
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
You would think that an almost 600 page book, even if it is a graphic novel, would manage more than one day's commute of reading. But no, beyond the extra hour and a half of bus time I had today and the searing pace of the story, I burned through this in about 4 hours of reading.
The story is moderately epic (dealing with the possible destruction of the universe), but it's told on a very personal level, with less than a half-dozen main characters, all of whom are fairly well fleshed out. These a
Ricardo Loureiro
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-giveaway
This complete edition has a back cover blurb by none other than Harlan Ellison. In it he writes: "Terry Moore does an acre more straight-up memorable storytelling in one black&white issue of ECHO than either of the two comics 'giants' ia a years'-worth of their prolix, boring, barren crossover 'events'."

I could not agree more. Then why not a five star review? Because, to me, the end felt rushed. The climax was a little bit underwhelming and lots of questions went unanswered, like, was the dr
Piego di Libri
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
quella che vede protagonisti Annie, Julie, Ivy, Dillon e Caino è una storia “spessa”, che mescola con nonchalance ingredienti da nulla: fisica, esistenzialismo, politica, riflessioni sulla morte e su Dio.
Charlotte Kelly
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This was so obviously written by a man
Richard
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I appreciated the creative twisty plot and the author's storytelling skill. Interesting and skillful character development as well. I deduct a star for the confusing ending. Although perhaps it was only confusing to myself, not to others.
Gerardo
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firmato
Devo ammettere che il fumetto mi è piaciuto davvero molto, anche se bisogna dire che l'idea di fondo non è molto originale. Non che questo sia necessariamente un male, ma ciò non toglie il fatto che questo fumetto sia una variazione su un tema ben consolidato. Una bella variazione.

Il tema è un classico da fantascienza in piena guerra fredda: la responsabilità che hanno gli scienziati nei confronti del futuro, perché ogni loro scoperta potrà essere utilizzata come arma. In sostanza, ogni nuova i
Aries
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fumetti, fantascienza
Sono passati quasi tre anni dall'ultima volta che ho parlato qui sopra di Terry Moore. Nel frattempo ho avuto modo di incontrarlo due volte apprezzandone le qualità umane oltre che di fumettista e mi sono procurato a New York il volume unico della sua seconda opera, Echo, mentre è tutt'ora in corso di pubblicazione Rachel Rising, sua ultima "creatura".
Ma non divaghiamo, dato che ho colpevolmente già impiegato più di due anni a decidermi a leggere proprio Echo.
Partiamo dicendo cosa non è Echo.
Ech
Arminzerella
Rasjel
Jul 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Jason
Sep 11, 2011 added it
As I'm reading this I cannot get over how unbelievably good the art is. Moore is easily one of the best draftsmen ever to work in the comics medium. I'm just stunned by his miraculous ability to recreate textures and movement in such seemingly effortless ink strokes. Just look at the way he draws Julie's hair.
Each individual panel in this book is worth the price of the whole thing.
For some reason I really would love to see him write and draw a Conan story. He's done so much on the feminine sid
Moniker
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Terry Moore is one of the greats. That being said, "Echo" lives up to his high standards . . . until it reaches the ending. Noticing that I only had one issue left to read, I kept thinking, "How is he going to tie everything up/together?" Sadly, he doesn't manage to complete such a huge task as the reader is left with a rushed ending (I believe there is even a typo - the only one in the series that stood out to me anyway) that could have easily been slowed down into at least five issues and so m ...more
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Suni
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bella storia, bei disegni, bel messaggio, bel mix di scienza, filosofia, azione, momenti divertenti e amore, tanto amore, in ogni sua forma.
Peccato per la conclusione frettolosa, perché dopo seicento tavole con al centro una vicenda scatenata da un esperimento nucleare di cui vengono fornite spiegazioni in parte ovviamente fantasiose ma accurate, alla fine Moore ci dice solo chi vince, non come. Pare quasi che neanche lui avesse ben chiara la dinamica.
4 stelline perché per il resto mi è piaciuto
Peter
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This is an amazing story. Julie is an accidental witness to a science experiment going wrong/being sabotaged and is caught in the fall out. She accidentally gets some experimental alloy on her and from there on this story unfolds.

The whole story is about what actually happened with the science experiment, what the alloy is, but most of all about how the characters caught in this mess react.

Moore takes the time to flesh his characters out and make sure the readers gets to know them.

this results
Dave
Jun 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A great series tainted by a random assortment of science-is-magic nonsense toward the end that seems to come out of nowhere, and an accompanying deus ex machina conclusion that reveals nothing and ties up nothing and basically pissed me off the same way the ending of movies like The Cube or The Ninth Gate did. Really, really disappointing considering how much I enjoyed the first 4/5 of the book.
Kevin Thurman
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Buy this!!! Right now, take $30 and go get this. I swear you won't regret it...well, except for the sleep it will rob you and how you won't be able to read anything else for a few days. It sticks to your ribs, it invades your brain. Damn you Terry Moore!
Rafel
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
An experiment gone wrong, a woman with superpowers, and the end of the world.
Very interesting!
Jeff
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
REALLY wanted to give this one 5 stars but the slightly-less-than-satisfying-ending tipped it away.

Illise Montoya
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Amazing. No other words for it. If you love graphic novels and sequential art, you must read this book. The writing alone is superb!
Benny Regalbuto
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blue
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terry Moore does it again. What a fantastic read! He always manages to create real, fully developed female characters. No matter how out-there the science-fiction or mafia blow out or ghost possession gets, the real lives of these real women makes all his stories grounded, believable, and enjoyable.

Echo is about the greed for power and domination. In particular, it is about the greed of men (as in male humans) for power and domination. It is about how technological advances inadvertently always
Born
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GianLorenzo BettivanderNoot
Quando si menziona Terry Moore, e la sua opera, parlare di fumetti è alquanto riduttivo; è un autore di graphic novel che non hanno nulla da invidiare ai romanzi senza disegni.
Strangers in Paradise, suo debutto, aveva già impressionato per scorrevolezza della storia, profondità dei personaggi, e delicatezza dei disegni. Echo, non solo conferma le caratteristiche del suo essere autore ma, inserendo la storia (la più grande scoperta scientifica di tutti i tempi potrebbe essere l’ultimo fatale erro
Darinda
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Julie is out taking photographs one day, when BOOM, atomic plasma rains down on her. A fun and entertaining sci-fi story. The ending was a little lackluster, but overall, I enjoyed this graphic novel.

This complete edition contains all six volumes:
1 - Moon Lake - issues 1-5 - Julie is covered with a strange silver metal substance.
2 - Atomic Dreams - issues 6-10 - Not only is Ivy, a HeNRI agent, after Julie, but do is a madman.
3 - Desert Run - issues 11-15 - We learn more about Annie.
4 - Collider
Irene
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a while to pick up this but once started it the story flew. I was expecting something like a marvel superhero or a supergirl with a different "monster of the week" to fight in every chapter. But it wasn't like this and I loved it, I really liked that we got this huge mix of science and philosophy to guide the plot. It's not your typical hero of the day story, yes there's action but it's more character driven, sometimes it’s a road trip adventure and other time it’s a story of differen ...more
John Kuper
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Science fiction at its best. This graphic novel gives just enough real science to allow a suspension of disbelief, while not going far enough to ruin that disbelief with blatantly fake science. Also, the character interactions and development are amazing. I highly recommend reading this graphic novel.
  • Shade, the Changing Man, Volume 2: Edge of Vision
  • Shivering Sands: Seven Years of Stories, Drinking and the World
  • The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • The Best American Essays 2004
  • Underground
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • Bloody Monday Vol. 2
  • Absolute Promethea, Book One
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 3: P.E.
  • Crying Freeman, Vol. 4
  • Witch Doctor, Vol. 1: Under the Knife
Following the examples of independent comic creators such as Dave Sim and Jeff Smith, he decided to publish Strangers in Paradise himself through his own Houston-based "Abstract Studios" imprint, and has frequently mentioned a desire to do a syndicated cartoon strip in the authors notes at the back of the Strangers in Paradise collection books. He has also mentioned his greatest career influence i ...more

Echo (6 books)
  • Echo, Volume 1: Moon Lake
  • Echo: Atomic Dreams (Echo, #2)
  • Echo: Desert Run (Echo, #3)
  • Echo: Collider (Echo, #4)
  • Echo: Black Hole (Echo, #5)
  • Echo: The Last Day (Echo, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Player of Games (Culture, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage