Start by marking “Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)

Rock Chick Rescue

(Rock Chick #2)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  33,268 ratings  ·  2,084 reviews
Jet McAlister has a secret. Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet (not to mention Eddie’s just plain hot). Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie’s interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her waitressing shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie’s a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet’s used to solving everyone’s problems she doesn’t want ...more
Published March 4th 2011 by Smashwords (first published November 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rock Chick Rescue, please sign up.
Laurie Allin Yes! My eyes roll back in my head every time, which isn't good since I'm listening to the audio version and sometimes I'm driving.
Wealie He doesn't explicitly tell her he loves her, but he does refer to her as 'Mi amore' on multiple occasions, which is Spanish for 'My love'.

·  33,268 ratings  ·  2,084 reviews

Jennifer Kyle
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

[image error]

Confession time: I tried the first book of this series a few years ago and I didn’t care for it. Yep, sad but true. Years later and I’m running out of KA books and I have found myself in the middle of a full blown series binge read!

The cast of characters have grown on me in this second book. The heroine in this book, Jet McAllister is a wonderful daughter, employee and friend. However, she SUCKED at being aread!
STARS
[image
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Re-read / Audio listen March 15th, 2015:

I'm totally loving my reread of the series, and I'm glad I decided to give the audio versions a try. The narrator, Susannah Jones, does a great job bringing the Rock Chicks, the Hot Bunch, and their stories to life!!

This is why I love Eddie:

“Whatever your next disaster, I’m gonna be there. Buying your groceries, fixin’ your car, dealin’ with your Dad, I don’t give a fuck. I want you to owe me. It gives me the upper hand, and I’m gonna need the up/>
Christy
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!!!!
 photo 156ae7eb-f292-4df4-8fe6-69147050d577_zps666ecbe8.jpg

Jet McAlister is one of those girls that does everything for everyone. She is strong. She has no choice but to be strong. What would happen if she wasn’t? Everything would crumble. Her father is only in the picture when it’s convenient for him, her mother is recovering from a stroke, and her sister is in LA living big all the w
Blacky *Romance Addict*
“Chiquita, women spend a lot of time sittin’ around bitchin’ that there are no good men out there. I hate to tell you this, but there aren’t a lot of good women either. The difference is, when a man sees one, he knows it. Then, he goes after her and wears her down until she’s his. Then, if he’s any man at all, he won’t let her go.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I actually forgot how awesome this book was <3
Being the second in line, so many others came after it that were amazing and pushed Eddie down on the list of fav RC men, but reall
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“Babe, watching you these past months has been like watching a flower bloom. Don't disappoint us.”

That horribly awkward moment where you identified with a character.... just to find out everyone who read the book hates her aka you.

I get ahead of myself. Rock Chick Rescue is the story of Jet and Eddie. We met them previously in the first book Rock Chick, where we learned Eddie was holding a torch for Indy and she chose Lee. Jet was more brief, but a quiet addition to the characters near
Stacey is Sassy
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Now, Jet and Eddie's story was not my favourite in the Rock Chick series. Saying that, I also said the same thing about Rock Chick Reckoning and completely changed my mind after listening to the audio. I've decided to give Rock Chick Rescue another go and see if Sussanah Jones can convert me on this one too. I've also changed my whole attitude towards it after reading this comment by Kristen Ashley...

So, it's back on my bike and I'm sure there will be a few baking days too.

To buy Rock Chick Rescue from Amazon
Kristen
2 stars

I will admit to mostly skimming this book. I wanted a basic understanding of the overall plot and to meet the new characters introduced in this story. I knew the heroine would drive me nuts, and from the little I read, I was correct. Luckily, I enjoyed Jet's character throughout the rest of the series. She was a pretty awesome character outside her own book.

If you're already a Kristen Ashley addict, or interested in checking out her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3 I'm a bit indifferent STARS

Giving up on writing this review. I had this sitting around for days and nothing comes to mind. Maybe I'll write something in a few month, since I usually do re-reads with KA books. It wasn't a bad book and it wasn't a huge success either. I liked the characters well enough but to be really honest...I finished this 4 or 5 days ago and I can hardly remember how I felt abo
Catarina
4 sweet stars!! : )

Okay, now we have Eddie (you remember him, right? Lee’s best friend, from the first book!) and Jet.
Jet is juggling two jobs trying to take care of her sick mother and doesn’t want anyone to know about her life.
Eddie is very interested in her (not that she notices, which is ironic considering that she is totally smitten by him!!), and being the sexy badass detective that he is, soon finds out about her “hidden life”.
When Jet’s dad, basically an asshole that owes money to bad people, puts Jet
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
1/9/16: The KA binge continues with my fellow addicts in BB&B ! #cantstopwontstop

description

My other reviews for this series:

Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5

★Review★

Reviewing after what must be my 15th re read of this book.

Shall keep it short.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Eddie. Adore/>
/>/>/>/>/>/>
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gotta say I did like this book, but I didn’t love it nearly as much as the first one.

Jet meets Eddie when she gets a job working at the coffee shop run by Indy (the heroine from book 1). Jet is trying her best to get by working two jobs while taking care of her mother who has suffered from a stroke. Eddie is a cop who works with Lee Nightingale (the insanely HOT hero from book 1). They have nearly instant mutual attraction but while Eddie tries his best to act on it, Jet tries her best to deflect his
S.M. West
4 "You're so full of sh*t" STARS

The adventure, hilarity and steamy sexy times continues for the Rock Chick gang with Jet McAllister and Eddie Chavez's story.

Jet was silly, cute and shy, although I could have done without her 'ekes' and 'sheeshes', and especially calling her vagina a "do-da". What are we, 10? Perhaps it was because this was an audiobook that her quirks seemed more prominent and if I'd read it, they might've been less annoying (I would've down played them in my head!). But d
Nikki
DNF but 2 stars for the first 20%, which was awesome.

So, so disappointed. After 48%, I just cannot give RC Rescue anymore of my time or patience. Jet went from being a sweet, wallflower-ish heroine to a complete and utter bitch.
"Christ!" Eddie tore his hand through his hair and then fell to his back. "I even know you're worth it and I'm wondering if you're worth it."
Eddie you poor bastard... she's totally not worth it.

And FYI, I had to create a 3rd DNF shelf for this... such was my reaction to it.
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
This was a fun book, I loved the characters but the narrator was a little annoying. I would have enjoyed it more if they had a male narrator for the male parts.

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
This book was a freaking..

Like a Roller-coaster,It just started and finished like 'ZAP' !
Leaving me...

Panting and exhausted ! (Jesus ! I was seriously getting tired of getting shot at...)

Jet,girl.....

You seriously annoyed the crap outta me..And YOU, Mr. Chavez,

description

(Woowsie ! ) No words !
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Not my favorite of the series, but Eddie is hot! ;)

Re-Read January 2016 (Jet still annoys the crap out of me and I still find it hard to believe that Eddie had a thing for Indy for YEARS, and just got over it like THAT)

Sept 7th, 2018 Re-Read 5000001. For some reason this go around I found Eddie more annoying than Jet. Also, if he had a thing for Jet right from the start, why was he holding hands with a blonde (his date) at one of Indy's parties where he knew it was likely Jet was going to be as well? This was a c
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series.

This story has everything you need for a roller coaster ride.

A sassy leading lady Jet CHECK
A badass scary HOT guy Eddie CHECK
The Hot Bunch CHECK
Crazy coffee guy CHECK
Dolly Parton lookalike CHECK
Mysterious Mr Sloane CHECK

And lots of action and some scary moments.

Can't wait to read the rest.

Review edited 20/09/16
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
4/5 stars

reread:
14/05/18
02/06/19

Another good addition to the Rock Chick series but nothing overly spectacular. I enjoyed Eddie's character and the drama that unfolded throughout the book, with stabbings and characters nearly having their heads shot off but the romance between Jet and Eddie was a little meh, not my favourite.

AHEM. Clearly 2017 Bella was out of her ever loving mind. I love Eddie and although Jet was sometimes (often) frustrating and annoying, I still adore them. Bumping this up to/>
Shawna
3 stars – Chick lit/Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

Geez, and here I thought Indy from Rock Chick was aggravating. But Jet definitely wins the prize for the most annoying, clueless, low self-esteem, and TSTL heroine who’s deserving of a major b*tch slap smackdown. I found her so exasperating that she lessened my overall enjoyment, and I don’t know why a yummy as sin hero like Eddie put up with all her bullsh*t, unless he’s just glutton for punishment.

But it’s still Kristen Ashley,
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
This series is just awesome. First these chicks are crazy hilarious. I want a job at Fortnum's so I can hang out with these guys everyday. I think I'm even okay that they are open 7 days a week. It's like a party everyday and you never know where you are going to end up, plus it has perks of all those damn hot guys hanging around everyday. I also, have always wanted to use a taser gun and hanging out here seems my best chance at that.

Gah, if I had some

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
DNF @ 20%
Even though I like Eddie I'm just not feeling Jet. As a heroine she's very annoying and the storyline just isn't working for me right now. So far this is my least favorite KA book. But I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon and maybe I'll enjoy it then.
edge of bubble
Oct 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to edge of bubble by: Jilly
I want to make glass thingies of the word eek -if we can call it a word-. And then smash them all into little eeky pieces with a baseball bat. I want dead little eeks littering the ground. There were around a hundred too many of eeks in this boring book about an annoying twat who thought that her hair/her room/her looks/her life/her fucking everything is boring. And you know what? She was damn right! This "bohhuuu pity my boringness" kept going on till the last page and was practically the what the who ...more
Ingie
Written July 8, 2014

3.8 Stars - “Eak” good

Book #2

I got this one (and the rest of them..) as an (new) audiobook for a nice price (view spoiler). ~ I've heard plenty good things about the 'chick'-books so it felt like a great decision to take the time and listening them this summer..

I liked the first one #1 -Rock Chick (3.5 stars) about Indy & Lee. It was a joy to listening to that one, so this second part could just be better if I understand al2014
3.8
Duchess Nicole
Aaaand, we're back to why I love KA so much. Though Ms. Ashley strayed a bit from her usual heroine with Jet, there was still so much to love about her. Since she was fourteen, she's taken care of everyone but herself. She's basically supported her mom and sister emotionally and monetarily since her dad took off. Now, her sister lives in California and her Mom had a stroke. Jet moves in with her mom to once again take care of her, and is working herself to exhaustion day and night just to try to ...more
Bev
Even after a re-listen Jet irritated the heck out of me with her ridiculous insecurities and TSTL moves.

These 4 stars are all for Eddie who would have gotten 5 stars if he had dropped Jet like a hot potato and headed off at a rapid pace in the opposite direction.
Robin (Bridge Four)
2.5 OMG I Can't Believe I Rated a KA book so low Stars.

Read with my fellow KA Woo-Girls at Buddies Books and Baubles

It was bound to happen….eventually *takes a deep breath* I didn’t like Eddie and Jet. *Whew* there I said it and I’m still standing. Okay so they are my least favorite couple out of all the KA-land couples. It’s really okay because they have some very stiff competition but something was missing in this story for me. Some of the stuff that never bugs me in a KA story totally bothered
Jilly
The best parts of this book, for me, were when the characters from the first book were there. I absolutely love this gang of people and their crazy antics. Also, I think I want a stun gun.

Our couple in this book are Eddie, Lee's best friend and character from the last book who is also a cop, and Jet, a new girl working at the coffee counter in Indy's book store.

Eddie is a former playa, reformed bad-boy, and complete alpha male. As a matter of fact, he is waaaaay too much alpha male for me. I like confidence and t
Michelle
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 01-signed
OMG. I loved Eddie in Rock Chick and was so happy his story was up next!

Jet is working two jobs, taking care of everyone but herself when her dad rolls back into town and everything goes to shit. Eddie took notice of the shy beauty a while ago, but with trouble knocking on her door, he’s not taking a backseat to protecting her – even if she doesn’t willingly accept his help.

I loved the dynamic between these two. Even though Jet drove me crazy with her hot/cold routine, I loved Eddie
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS out of
Genre: Contemporary Romance-Suspense
Series: Book #2 in Rock Chick Series

'The alarm went off and I stared at it.
5:20 am
I really hated my life.
I hit snooze again.
My alarm went again.
5:37am
seriously, my life sucked.'
~Jet

It wouldn't be so rough if Jet McAlister did not shoulder the burden of everyone on top of her own. Yet she does day in and/>I/> ...more

• Heller's Punishment (Heller, #4)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • In Rides Trouble (Black Knights Inc., #2)
  • Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers, #3)
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Club Ties (Trinity Falls, #2)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • A Reason to Kill (Reason, #2)
  • A Reclusive Heart (Hollywood Hearts, #2)
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • From Rags
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Rock Chick (9 books)
  • Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)
  • Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3)
  • Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick, #4)
  • Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)
  • Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)
  • Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7)
  • Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8)
  • Rock Chick Reborn (Rock Chick, #9)
“It was like the Justice League of Super Heroes but instead it was the Justice League of Hot Guys.” 573 likes
“F**k!" he exploded, chocolate and caramel flying out of his mouth. My heart seized. He looked like he was going to have a chocolate-caramel-layer-square-induced heart attack.

...

"These are unbe-f**king-lievable. I think I've finally fallen in love, with a f**kin' brownie!”
64 likes