Start by marking “The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything” as Want to Read:
The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything

The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  1,226 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
Prayer transforms lives every day.
But for those who pray, how many
truly understand its power? In her
straightforward and profound style
beloved by millions worldwide,
Joyce Meyer reveals the incredible
force that comes through the simple
act of prayer. By explaining the
keys to unanswered prayers, the
hindrances to prayer's effectiveness,
and the Bible's role in prayer,
Joyce gives
Published April 3rd 2007 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2007)

Kevin
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I started my study on prayer - I figured I would have to learn latin, chanting and possibly learn how to flog myself. I was very relieved to find out how simple it is to just talk to God. Joyce does an amazing job outlining the simplicity of prayer and then discussing the things behind the scenes e.g. why we don't get a response from God, what we are doing that prevents the full power of our prayers from making things happen.
Shelly Ann
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good ways to really communicate to God. I believe all things were covered!
Shelly
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing if you are an overthinker and perfectionist like I am. It has brought an amazingly fresh new perspective on the power of prayer and truly how simple it can be. I am totally guily of overcomplicating this part of my walk in faith and have gained so much new perspective from this book. I am actually re-reading to jot down some notes for reference and am finding just as much the second time through. Definitely recommend this for anyone needing a little encouragement in the area ...more
Sandy Sandmeyer
Dec 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent, easy-to-read book about prayer. It's a good book to read if you need to pick it up at intervals, like I did, or to read right through. I underlined as I went along because there are very good points to note. Certainly this is a book that you'll want to read through multiple times so that you can strengthen your prayer life and continue to learn. I highly recommend this book for new and not-so-new Christians. It's a good book for you wherever you are in your walk with Christ.
Yunita1987
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buku ini benar-benar mengajarkan dirimu bagaimana berdoa.

Dari buku ini, aq mendapatkan pelajaran yang sangat berarti. Bahwa jika kita ingin meminta sesuatu kepada Tuhan, sebelumnya selidik dulu dari dirisendiri, apakah hidup kita sudah benar? Jangan mengharapkan Tuhan akan menjawab doa kita, jika hidup kita sendiri belum benar. dan juga mengajarkan kepadaQ, agar jangan egois. Maksud egois dalam hal ini adalah kita hanya mendoakan dirikita sendiri atau keluarga kita saja, yuk mulai belajar untuk
Jenny
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joyce Meyer is a truly inspiring person.The Power of Simple Prayer is a wonderful book for anyone that wants to learn how to talk to God. Joyce makes it easy to understand and backs up her knowledge with the Truth. Definitely recommend.
Mom
Apr 02, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Good..
Amy Sjoquist
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
didn't get to finish. Need to buy. Very good book.
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
Inspirational and motivating.
Grace Metcalfe
Oct 23, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinishable
I really wanted to get something out of this book but when I looked into the authors personal life and finances I felt this wasn't the journey for me
Sary Fairchild
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent text about the power of prayer for peole who tend to underestimate its power. A good reminder of a very basic Christian concept.
J. Allen
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful teaching on it's topic, prayer.
Nick
Meyers has a strong approach to prayer, very clear and stable statements as to what prayer is and the Biblical support to hold up her assertions. She says that prayer is simple and we complicate it, that it is a relationship, not a crystal ball or a vending machine. She says that at it’s center is a love filled life.
She has several chapters on detailed descriptions of different types of prayer and their uses. Then she has a chapter on key elements that make prayer affective and then she writes
Lily Zhang
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Banyak sekali yang saya dapatkan dari buku ini, terutama cara berdoa yang baik dan benar. Madam Joyce menguraikan secara rinci dan menyenangkan tentang cara kita berdoa sehingga membuat kita mampu memahami bagaimana cara berdoa yang benar. Doa adalah hal yang sangat sederhana sehingga kadang-kadang kita lah yang membuatnya terlihat sulit. Thanks Madam Joyce sudah mengajarkan bagaimana cara berdoa yang benar... :) #JoyFul

Selain itu, hal yang touching banget adalah bagaimana kita menyerahkan diri
Daniel
I didn't realize the audio book was abridged.

While it repeats some items I've read in John Maxwell's book (currently re-reading), it offers different insight into the same issues and topics. That is what makes this book one to listen to or read (I intend to purchase a copy of the book for reference).

One thing I discovered while listening to this is the devil doesn't like someone learning more about prayers. I found myself getting distracted and missing what was being said. It wasn't because of t
Lacey
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate giving this a 3 but I don't think I'm quite up to "really liked it". However, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone who would like to develop their prayers.
My eyes landed on this title in the library after talking with God about prayer - some will see the magic of this. Anyway... Some of the points in this book were common sense for me but there are things in here that served as reminders and thinking points. If anyone needs to strengthen their prayers or wants to build on praye
Wanda
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If your that type of Christian that goes by the rules when you pray, you'll be surprised when you read this book. Meyer literally made me think about Christianity and how we always view it as "stiff", especially when you want to present yourself to God. The Power of Simple Prayer simply inspired myself to be as I am when I come to God and communicate, my way. You should really read this book if you feel like you're spiritually dried and you want to liven up the fire again. It will really help yo ...more
Cierra Seay
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was profound for me. As someone who's still fairly new at living this Christian life I've always had tons of questions regarding prayer. Joyce Meyer couldn't have laid it out any better. I had no idea that simple sayings and sentences such as "Thank you Jesus" or "Lord help me" were considered prayers as long as they are sincere. I will definitely be taking the principles learned and applying them immediately as well as using this book as a reference whenever I get discouraged about my ...more
Robert Eby
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyers; having just read 40 pages of it, yet I am enthralled with this book. Giving me a power of simplicity and encouragement, I quite enjoy what I have read. An easy read, yet a powerful and useful technique.

I enjoy the way it is laid out and her style of writing, so far. I would recommend this book because of the mindset when praying, I have adopted, from reading this book. She is very clear and precise.

Well done.
Lisa
Apr 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was in fact simple and powerful!! It forever changed how I think about prayer..and how I pray. The enemy of our soul is endlessly trying to complicate God...and make you think you are praying "wrong" or God is not hearing you... This book is stuffed full of the Word of God, and really equips you with the truth about prayer!
Debra Oehlberg
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This s a wonderful resource for anyone who wants to pray effectively to God. It is not a fast read, but is filled with a wealth of information. It discusses how to pray, the power of prayer, and why and when you should pray. This book is a great resource for all, no matter what level of spirituality you have. Great book to save as a collection.
Anita
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book, Joyce Meyer gives insights on the power of prayer, and how we can use it to communicate with God.
This is a good book and I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to learn more about prayer. But, to be honest, it was hard to stick with to the end. I put the book down for a week, and then returned to it.
TENY CHARLES
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a very good book. A book that really changed my thoughts about prayers. Now my prayer life is much better , I pray every day with a very strong faith. Thank you Joyce Meyer for penning such beautiful book
John Clements
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pray solo

If you need to learn to pray privately, and to yourself, this is the book for you, hands down. If you need to learn to pray publicly, and out loud, you need to grab a different book.
Traci
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! I asked God to teach me to pray. He responded in so many ways, but this is the most recent. I rated this five stars, because it is a book that I will read again and again. (have read it twice so far)
Anusha Atukorala
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book on prayer. Simply expressed but lots of practical suggestions on developing our prayer lives. I would recommend it both to new Christians and to mature Christians - to anyone who wants to develop their prayer life and their walk with God.
Courtney Stockstill
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
Very powerful book. It is packed with excellent information about prayer. It definitely gives you things to think about. This is one book I will plan to re-read sometime in the future.
Debbie Trahan
Aug 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meyer points out the obvious, which some of us miss; a reassuring read.
Quratulain
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it
Filomena Maduro
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really thought me how to pray, it was an eye opener for me, it thought that praying
wassomething very simple to do, thanks Joyce.
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Spiritual Madness: The Necessity of Meeting God in Darkness
  • For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Who You are When No One's Looking: Choosing Consistency, Resisting Compromise
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Everyday Wisdom For Success
  • Destined to Reign Devotional: Daily Reflections for Effortless Success, Wholeness, and Victorious Living
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • 30 Thoughts for Victorious Living
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit - Member Book
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Transcendence: Healing and Transformation Through Transcendental Meditation
  • A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love
  • Creating Character: Bringing Your Story to Life (Red Sneaker Writers Books) (Volume 2)
  • A Life Unleashed: Giving Birth to Your Dreams
  • The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her more than 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through faith in Christ. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life® airs daily on hundre
More about Joyce Meyer...