Start by marking “How to Date a Werewolf (Rylie Cruz #1)” as Want to Read:
How to Date a Werewolf (Rylie Cruz #1)

How to Date a Werewolf (Rylie Cruz #1)

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  1,773 Ratings  ·  191 Reviews
Romance can be a hairy business—especially when you’re a werewolf.

As the owner of Get a Mate Dating Service, Rylie is more than happy to step in and lend a hand to lonely lycanthropic hearts all over town. No matter how hopeless Rylie might be in finding her own soul mate, she has a knack for helping others find theirs.

Convinced that she is stuck with a family curse, Rylie
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 3rd 2011 by Rose Pressey (first published February 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about How to Date a Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Date a Werewolf

Dianne
May 15, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those kinds of books that you are either going to love or hate. I'm afraid I fell into the later category.

As I was reading this book I had to keep asking myself if these characters were in the ninth grade or if they were adults. Unfortunately they are adults but you would never know it.

Rylie is a werewolf and the owner of a dating service based in New Orleans. We get our first glimpse of this when a werewolf, Lily, comes in to voice a complaint on the match that was made for her b
Grammy 1
Jun 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I received this book How To Date a Werewolf as my next `to review' , just the title made me smile. It sounded like something fun and Rose Pressey did not disappoint.

Rylie Cruz lives in the French Quarter of New Orleans, in an apartment she shares with her longtime girlfriend Jennifer. The apartment just happens to be above Rylie's business called Find A Mate. She is a match maker to the Paranormals who inhabit the Big Easy and she often will take on humans as well. This is easy for her bec
Rebecca
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
They should add a tag called "couldn't finish it". I tried, I'm about 20% of the way through and it was just too [insert word here] (Boring, Uneventful, Random) for even me.

Iris
Jul 03, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rylie is the owner of a new dating service for paranormal creatures, Get a Mate. Unfortunately, she just got her first unsatisfied customer: Lily. Lily was recently dumped by her date and wants compensation for the psychological damage. She blames this on Rylie, since the slogan of her little company is that your mate will be found at the first date. To get this compensation, Lily is goes pretty far. She’s even boycotting Rylie’s business by walking in front of the store with huge boards. And th ...more
Laurie
Rylie Cruz is cursed. It is distressing enough that she turns all hairy and grows fangs once a month, but she also has inherited the family curse, placed several generations early by a gypsy witch. Unfortunately for Rylie, her life suddenly becomes more complicated than ever.

When the sexy Jack Chandler, a psychiatrist, moves into the office space across the hall from Rylie’s fledgling business Get a Mate, a matchmaking service, Jack is drawn to Rylie’s vivacious wit. However, Jack finds out that
Cat
May 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the main character, Riley, completely lacking in common sense. She was selfish and stubborn, and that drove me completely insane - so much so that after about 42% of the book I really wanted to stop. But no, I like punishing myself...so here I am at the end of the book and unsatisfied.

Riley has put everything she, and her parents, have in to Get a Mate dating services. Great, that's the American spirit of entrepreneurship! Then she runs in to a problem with a couple she set up. Despite m
Lorre
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How to Date a Werewolf is a fun read with a different take on werewolves.
It was funny to see Rylie, the main charachter, struggle with her werewolf-ness.
In most other werewolf stories werewolves can change from human to werewolf and back without damaging their clothes and get rid of all the excess hair the moment they're human again.
Well, not in this world...

I really liked Jennifer as well, Rylie's human roommate. Very lively and bubbly personality, sometimes at the point to drive Rylie crazy.
An
Steph
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Poorly written, utterly unoriginal, cliched, boring...uh. I usually have more words in my vocab, to describe why a book just didn't work, but I really can't muster up the energy to explain it fully for this one.
Lauren
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Wow. Bad. I got this free on amazon, thankfully. Maybe 1.5 stars, mostly because I reserve 1 star for books I can't finish.

I'm not even sure what the genre is: romance, mystery, boring?

The premise is werewolf Riley runs a dating service for supernaturals called Get a Mate, which may be the stupidest name for a business ever. She lives with her roommate above her office and can't get a longterm relationship thanks to a gypsy curse.

My issues:
The writing is random at best. It's supposed to be funn
Abigail
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"How to Date a Werewolf Rule #1: Always tell your date how nice they look despite excess hair."

When I first read this book I had just finished reading a book for school, so my reading material was pretty intense. So, I was a bit embarrassed to admit how much I enjoyed it. Let's face it we English Major's tend to be a bunch of elitists! But as another English princess reminded me, these types of books are the cotton candy of our reading life. When forced to read the heavies, its nice to sit dow
Sharon Tyler
How to Date a Werewolf is the first book in the Rylie Cruz series by Rose Pressey. Rylie is a werewolf that happens to run a dating service that works to find everyone (regardless of if they are completely human or happen to have some extra hair or very sharp teeth) the perfect mate. Convinced that a family curse denies her a happily ever after, so works hard to provide one for others. When handsome psychiatrist Jack moves into the building Rylie starts thinking that she might need to break that ...more
Leanne
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Riley is a werewolf who owns Mate Dating Service and she is more than happy to step in and lend a hand to lonely lycanthropic hearts all over town. Riley is a no nonsense girl with a pension for disaster. Rylie is convinced she is out of luck for love herself due to a family curse that affects only her but when she meets Jack Chandler she is really hoping this curse will end.
There is an instant attraction between Riley and Jack, you can feel the sparks fly when they look into each others eyes.
I
Frances
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA, paranormal romance fans
Shelves: owned, paranormal
In How to Date A Werewolf we meet Rylie Cruz, owner of Get A Mate dating service.This isn't your average dating service and Rylie isn't your average business owner. Get A Mate caters to paranormals looking for that special someone and Rylie is a werewolf. One who has a family curse on her that is making her find a mate herself difficult. When a hunky guy rents the office next door, Rylie just may get her chance to break the curse. Of course, it might be easier if Jack were a shifter instead of a ...more
Laurie
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, steamy
I love this author! Her style of writing is personal, like she's talking to you or as if you are hearing her thought processes. Her character's sarcastic vein is akin to my own therefore I completely relate to her character. Humor abounds in her tale as well.

Rylie Cruz owns and operates "Get A Mate" where she intuitively puts people together to make a love connection. The trouble begins when a highly disgruntled client, Lily, threatens her because of her failure in Lily's case. Then Rylie eyebal
Dana Burnett
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book (again, read it while writing Spiritus and didn't give it the attention it deserved) and I can't wait to tell you about it!

First off, let me just say that this book is amazing! The main character, Rylie, runs a dating service called Get A Mate and just happens to be a werewolf. She's pretty successful pairing up both humans and the supernatural which is ironic since her own love life is cursed.

Things go a little crazy when one disgruntled werewolf client starts a picket
Karen Fowler
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read another book by Pressey in the past (Rock n' Roll is Undead) I somewhat knew what to expect-- a quick fun paranormal read. And I was right.

But, this book was better in my opinion and I'm going to agree with another reviewer and say that Pressey has a gift for lighter, chick-lit style paranormal novels. Her 'voice' is unique and spot on, and I love the quirkiness that shines through as well.

I thought the plotting was fairly original and inventive. I'm quickly approaching middle-age
Holly
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rylie Cruz is a matchmaker with a very disgruntled customer. Rylie is a werewolf and mainly has other paranormal customers, such as werewolves, witches and vampires. Lily a werwolf is pissed off that her date didnt work out and is taking it out Rylie. She pickets her, follows her around and threatens to sue. Rylie notices others following her but just assumes its all part of Lily's scare tactics. In the midst of her drama a new neighbor moves in, the hunky therapist Jack. Rylie is not only tryin ...more
Caity
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, if I had know I could make a list for book I could drop here on goodreads I would not have finished this book. As it was I only skimmed most of it.

The main guys and girls relationship felt almost the same as the authors other book, Me and my ghoul friends, and therefore went stale really fast for me as I didn't like the other book that much either.

It really annoys me that all the action gets put at the very end and makes you want to know what going to happen next, but there is no way I will
Britany
Feb 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dissatisfied, and Dissappointed

I read the reviews, look specifically for a romantic comedy and found a bust. Not funny at all, didn't laugh once, the comedy was flat half baked, and the story exaggerated in places and so much more. Or less depending. This is not a were story that puts different from typical in a positive light. Has ton of potential, but fell flat. And the heroine is just a bland self contradiction. It actually infuriated me. I wasted time on this, it's the equivalent of a YA con
Kathryn John
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but a bit annoying

Very good story, but Rylie annoyed me sooooo much! She gets attacked and sent threats but she doesn't want to call the police?? The pack police, not the regular police. Not wanting to involve regular police is understandable. Too much explaining to do. But with all that happens to her and she still doesn't want to call the pack police even toward the end. It's insane.

And Jack's ethics/morality!! Wth?!

And Rylie not giving proof of her being a werewolf right in the beginning
Jamie Stephenson
this one was really hard to finish. it was a good concept but very poorly executed. the main character rhiley was just too stupid to live in my opinion. she didn't take anything seriously that a normal person wouldn't hesitate to call the police over and the story could have been resolved about 20 times over and just seemed to drag on. I really wanted this one to pick up and for her to have an aha moment or something but it never came so I really don't recommend this one.
Shelia Gurule
Sep 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Totally ridiculous

This is seriously one of the worst books ever...was it written by a ten year old? I would have been too embarrassed to publish it.
Jae
Donna
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and addictive

Rylie is sassy, funny and so real..this story grabs you and holds on. Lots of laughs and aggravation, too. Worth reading
Jessica Cole
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny with lovable characters!
Brian Davis
Not bad

The characters were interesting, the plot decent and it has a good pace. Typically one of the things that increases my enjoyment is finding myself rooting for a character, wanting things to turn out well. I just didn't find that here, the characters just didn't engage me. So, ok but not great.
Krista Siebold
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride.

What a ride in a nutshell fun and witty and existing stumble through life and relationships and friends and family.
Stephanie
ORIGINAL POST Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust 11/3/2012 How to Date a Werewolf is Howling for an Editor

HOW TO DATE A WEREWOLF
ROSE PRESSEY http://rosepressey.com/

Romance can be a hairy business-especially when you’re a werewolf.

Convinced that she i
Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann*
I really struggled to finish this. Rylie (the main character) really frustrated me- she keeps getting threatened and despite mentioning the werewolf police pretty early on she never contacts them, she receives threatening notes and a bullet, she gets attacked and dragged away on a walking tour, her office gets broken into, she gets chased by guys in a car with a gun, she gets chased down the street her boyfriend gets two bullets delivered to him (with a note saying to stop seeing her or else). I ...more
Ashley Gooding
How to Date a Werewolf
Author: Rose Pressey
Characters: 3 out of 5
Plot: 4 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5
Format: e-Book (on my Kindle)
Source: Provided by the Author

Book 1 in the Rylie Cruz Series

Description: (Goodreads) Romance can be a hairy business—especially when you’re a werewolf.

As the owner of Got a Mate Dating Service, Rylie is more than happy to step in and lend a hand to lonely lycanthropic hearts all over town. No matter how hopeless Rylie might be in finding her own soul mate, she has a kn
Madison Mega-Mara...: #9 - How to Date a Werewolf 1 1 Jan 21, 2014 08:01AM
  • Soul Search
  • Ordinary Angels
  • A Tale of (Two) 3 Witches
  • Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Moon #10; Decorah Security #1)
  • Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction
  • A Tale of Two Goblins (Dulcie O'Neil, #2)
  • Mojo Queen (Roxie Mathis, #1)
  • Every Witch Way But Wicked
  • Nightwolves on the Prowl (The Nightwolves #2)
  • Baehrly Beginning (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears 0.5)
  • Nightshifters (Dangerous Lovers Collection)
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Destiny Awaits (Juniper Grove Chronicles #1)
  • Demon Hunter and Baby (Aisling McKay, #1)
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
Forever Charmed available now!

Rock 'n' Roll is Undead, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells, How to Date a Werewolf, and Me and My Ghoulfriends are available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. Only 99 cents.

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.

When she's n
More about Rose Pressey...

Rylie Cruz (5 books)
  • How to Date a Vampire (Rylie Cruz, #2)
  • How to Date a Demon (Rylie Cruz, #3)
  • How to Date a Witch (Rylie Cruz, #4)
  • The Complete Rylie Cruz Series
“He even dressed up for you. He only has one stain on his t-shirt.- Rylie Cruz” 6 likes
“Poor kid--he was minding his own business, and now he had dirty underpants.” 0 likes