Start by marking “Star (Wildflowers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Star (Wildflowers, #2)

Star

(Wildflowers #2)

In the second volume in the Wildflowers quartet, Star hides her nightmarish secrets from the other girls in her therapy group, until she gradually reveals her story to Dr. Marlowe and the others, allowing her to finally confront the horrors of her past.
Published August 1st 2000 by Pocket (first published December 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star

Start your review of Star (Wildflowers, #2)
Lexy
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God this book was a tougher book to read and I thought I wasn't going to finish it but I surprised myself did and it was amazing and I can't believe these girls have a hard life.
Kelly Gunderman
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Check out this, other reviews, and more fun bookish things on my young adult book blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

After reading Misty, the first novel in the Wildflowers series by V.C. Andrews, I was really excited to dive into Star, because I wanted to see what her story entailed. I was so eager to read it, I read it in almost a single sitting (then again, it's a short book), and I was glued to the pages throughout the entirety of the book.

As with Misty, the four main characters - Misty, Star, Ja

BookeryBliss
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest.
With that being said - it might also explain why I find the ghostwriter's quality of work lacking and less memorable than Andrews true writing, especially with the newer, more modern series.

If your
cinephilegirl
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm reading the omnibus edition. This one is hard. I'm not good with dramas and this one was all over it. It was good, and hope the series get me going
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
Star's not really better or worse than her predecessor, Misty. Her story isn't VCA caliber, but it's not a bad book for teens to read. It seems that Neiderman was relying on stereotypes for this book, but by itself it isn't a horrible read, just a lite teen book. Compared to the other books in this series, it's so-so.
Kyleigh
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Wildflowers: Star by V.C. Andrews is about Star a teenager who has to go to court-ordered group therapy and talk about her troubling past. The whole story is told in Dr. Marlow’s house/ office. There are three girls in her group therapy and they each have their own reasons for being there which is told in the other books. My mom recommended this book to me because we own a lot of V.C. Andrews books and someone needs to read them.

Star who was court ordered to go this group therapy session and
Kia Avelino
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction
This one is obviously from the hands of a ghost writer. The story is plain, and lacks the usual taste of suspense and gothic twists like the original works of V.C. Andrews. Compared to Misty's story, Star's POV is less exaggerated but somehow, more sensible. The good thing about this book is how realistic Star's (and Steve's) life is: forcing oneself to grow up fast while dealing with the hardships of life revolving around abuse, poverty, and parental neglect.
Jasmine Necaise
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Star's story is very real. I see it happen to people all over the world way to often. I felt for her and sided with her throughout much of the story. I didn't want to put it down. only down side is it is nothing like the old VC Andrews.
Hannah Benson
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book better than the first. I felt like this short novel had more punch in it than Misty's. It really put you into Star's shoes. I'm excited to start Jade's story once it comes in the mail.
Adam Martinez
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I actually liked this one the only thing I didn't like was out of the four girls Star was the one that was poor and lived in the ghetto. The story was good and sad at the same time and it would have worked just fine had Star and her family been one of the rich ones, like the other three...
Nessa
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this series many years ago, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.
Amanda L
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was quick, shorter and also fast enough paced to keep me interested. I'm almost interested enough to read the other books in the series.
Jessica Dillon
This is the second story from the Wildflowers series (or the Orphans with Parents as the ladies call themselves). This book revolved around Star and her upbringing and young life. Her father was a deadbeat who walked out on her younger brother and her and her Mother was an alcholic, who was more interested in her job at a bar, her new boyfriend and drinking to look after her teenage daughter and toddler son. Poor Stars life was very messy and her Granny was a lovely character to read about. Poor ...more
Misty
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Star's story was different from Misty's, but just as important. I'm looking forward to reading Jade and Cathy's story. Divorce is never easy for anyone, but the effort it has on a child can be ever lasting.
Cassie Kelley
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
Another well-written entry to the Wildflowers series. Whereas the first book explored divorce, money, and being used against the other parent, this book explores a darker side of parental disagreement that ends with more physical consequences.

Just like with the first book, the best part of this is the look into the mind of somebody who is broken yet who refuses to give up. The way the character’s POV is written, as well as her reactions in ‘Misty’ help to paint a more complete picture of her pe
Keshia
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Second in the series of Wildflowers and I mostly have the same thoughts as the first. It was simply written and what special something it did have was repeated until it was worn out. Not a great book but a good one.

I will say that I liked Star's story much more than Misty's, simply because her pain seemed so much more amplified than Misty's. And because I've seen stories like Star's all over the place. It really hits home when you can look at a sotry of pain and know something like that happens
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Nov 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Sue Lauzon
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Second book in the Wildflowers miniseries. This one centers on the main character named Star. The premise of the first four books is that each girl has been in therapy to deal with problems arising from their parents divorces. Up to this point their doctor has had one on one therapy but decides it would be a good idea to have four group sessions so the girls each have time to tell their own individual stories to the others. These books are a quick read (as they are fairly short - read this one i ...more
Angela
Sep 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Star is book two in the Wildflowers series by VC Andrews. This series is about group therapy for four teenage girls, who call themselves OWP's Orphans with Parents. Each book focuses on the tragic story of their lives. The second book is about Star's life with her alcoholic mother, deadbeat father. This book is much more tragic than book one and I found myself crying through the majority of the book.
Mal
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This book made me shiver. It was terriably sad and how her mother oes about her children is just wrong, down right WRONG! It made me think about my parents, reading two books in a row. My stomach churned around at the thought of my own parents splitting, and this book just made me realize how quick anyting of the sort could happen. Of course, Misty's nd/or Star's parents dont remind me anything of mine, thank the lord, but again... powerful, is what I can say.
Ashley
This was my first encounter with V.C. Andrews work, not "Flowers in the Attic". I later found out that this wasn't even actually V.C but rather a ghost writer. I have seen read another of these "4 small books, one group book" series and to be honest, I can't tell you which is which. I recall simply zipping through all four small books in a night and then the larger one the next but nothing sticks out after 10 years. I liked them enough to keep reading but that was about the extent of it.
Joshua
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: v-c-andrews
I liked this a lot more than the previous book "Misty", it was a lot better in both plot and character developement.
I found Star to be very likeable, and I would have given this an extra star, except for the fact that Star's character is built on racist stereoypes.
I appreciate having a black female protagonist, but when her experiences are based on stereotypes and harmful potrayals, it really bothers me.
Sara
Feb 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Honestly , I really don't remember the plot line because it was so long ago. However, I do know I wasn't
over enthused or really disgusted by it. V.C. Andrews books have a common theme to them , which is a girl that suffers through a tragedy and ends up being abused by a relative or guardian. It did keep
me entertained when I was in my teens.
Billie
Jul 27, 2011 marked it as stopped-reading
Shelves: 2011, library-book
Didn't like, seemed very preteen like to me, I only read a few pages but decided not to finish because of what i thought of the first in the Wildflowers series (Misty) and as I started reading this one I figured all four would be all about the same but just a little different. Not gonna waste my time on this one, moving on...
Leslie Edwards
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
I remember sneaking these books from my moms book collection when I was 11 or 12. The storyline to all the ones that I have read were pretty terrible but I couldn't stop my 12 year old self from reading them! I can't say I do not like these books because I use to love them! I think I may read one at 26 and see how I feel about them.
Irene
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Star was a great book. I liked it so much because some things that happend to her could also happen in real life to more people then you might hink. I mean you have Misty which actually could also be a real sotry, but Jade and Cat where less. With Jade that she walks away and get tied up was a bit wierd and then you have the weird family of Cat.
COnclusion I like books with real life problemns
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Kaitlyn Rose
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book on one day. I loved it. Stars story is so tragic, but it made me keep wanting to read to see what happened to her. by far the best Wildflower book. I can not wait to hear the other stories of the girls
Jenn
Jun 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
I don't have much to say about V.C. Andrews's books. I just love them all.
Adriana
Its amazing wha all these parents do to their children!! Stars family was no exception.

• The Book of Awesome
  • Shopaholic Gift Set: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot
  • Have You Seen Me?
  • Monster High (Monster High, #1)
  • Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)
  • The Ghoul Next Door (Monster High, #2)
  • Back and Deader Than Ever (Monster High, #4)
  • To the Is-land: An Autobiography (Autobiography, #1)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • One Potion in the Grave (A Magic Potion Mystery, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Het ei van oom Trotter
  • Lights Out (Fear Street, #12)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Fire Game (Fear Street, #11)
  • Spijt
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)
  • Ghost of a Potion (A Magic Potion Mystery, #3)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man who

Wildflowers (5 books)
  • Misty (Wildflowers, #1)
  • Jade (Wildflowers, #3)
  • Cat (Wildflowers, #4)
  • Into the Garden (Wildflowers, #5)