Start by marking “Finish This Book” as Want to Read:
Finish This Book

Finish This Book

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  852 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
From the author of Wreck This Journal, a collaborative creative journey where you complete the book

Dear Reader,One dark and stormy night, author Keri Smith found some strange scattered pages abandoned in a park. She collected and assembled them, trying to solve the mystery of this unexpected discovery, and now she's passing the task on to you, her readers.

Your mission is t
Published September 6th 2011 by Penguin Books (first published 2011)

Rebecca N. McKinnon
Dec 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
I could not finish it. Ironic.
Anna Bear
Jan 07, 2013 is currently reading it
I dont like the decoders. They have been pissing me off for 2 days. I might quit the book for that reason alone since the instructions specifically tell me not to skip ahead and if i cant do the task to pass it along to someone who can.
Ilze
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
When I first laid my hands on this book I was extremely excited about it: another book to keep me occupied/give ideas! Another that I don't necessarily have to read from cover to cover, but can scribble in too (I happen to enjoy that kind of thing). The problem with the book is that Smith draws you in and then drags out the "suspense" to the extent that you KNOW you're being conned into something! It's all well and good to try and copy a Narnia idea, with childhood fantasies and the like, but as ...more
Freda Mans-Labianca
Dec 19, 2011 rated it liked it
What a fun book, and creative on so many levels.
You literally go through the book doing tasks to help "finish the book". At first I wondered where it would all lead, but all good things must come to an end. And it did.
It took a while to get there, and some serious work on my part, but it was worth it. I learned a lot about exploration and collecting and did some ponderous thinking throughout the book. I really love books that challenge you or your mind.
I don't think everyone will have the patien
Andréia
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Review in portuguese by blog MON PETIT POISON

Seguindo a linha parecida com seu livro anterior, a autora de ‘Termine Este Livro’ volta com um novo projeto, onde os leitores poderão interagir com o livro e nesse processo descobrir mais de si mesmo. Dividido em 4 partes (Treinamento de Espionagem, Métodos de Documentação e Observação, Procedimento de Exame de Artefatos e Manual de Intruções), o livro trás em cada uma de suas páginas ideias, sugestões, informações onde você deverá completar objetivo
The Reading Countess
Originally introduced to Keri Smith by a colleague, I struck upon this particular title and ordered it in hopes of encouraging my once enthusiastic writer of a middle son.

"I hate writing," he announced a few weeks ago in the car.

"Wha??" I asked while skillfully maneuvering the car away from the guardrail.

"Yeah. My teacher makes us follow all sorts of rules and we HAVE to brainstorm a certain way. If we don't, then she gets mad. I used to be able to fill pages and pages up with my stories. Now
Evelyn Torres
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Cuando este libro llego a mis manos sinceramente no sabia que esperar, lo habia visto en muchos canales de youtube españa y la realidad es que los libros de Keri Smith me gusta mucho.

A comparacion de otros titulos de la autora, este libro en particular creo que es un poco mas estructurado porque nos cuenta una historia de la que nosotros somos parte ya que tenemos que terminarla, por lo tanto no podes ir salteando hojas como en otros libros.

La idea general del libro la verdad es que me gusto mu
Chule
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Highly recommendable. Smith will make you feel like a real secret agent trying to solve a mystery, but not until you finish your training! I haven't finished it yet but I'm looking forward to it.
Jay  The Crippled God
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
at the start of this book i thought it is serious. only to discover that it's a kids book.
but to be honest i really enjoyed it. i haven't finished it all but it's a funny book.
i wish i could give it to my child someday. a good usage of time for a kid. ;)
i enjoyed being a 5 years old kid once more at this age ;)
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've been working on this book for a couple years, fitting in tasks when the time is right. This is not meant to be a pick-and-choose task book, but a sequence. I'm sure I'll have more fun as I continue. :)
SmarterLilac
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet and fun. I'm not sure I'm the intended audience, but I'm thinking of attempting to build my own secret playhouse anyway. (In other words, this is something plenty of adults could learn to love.)
Freyja
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had fun, even if I was a lone adventurer all throughout the Finish This Book experience. Ha, ha.
Antonio Barron
Jul 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Lo compré pensando que era de suspenso y resultó ser un libro para niños pequeños... Ni modo
Lindsay Ball
May 04, 2012 is currently reading it
Ok so I'm doing this book, and its fun, but how long is the training?!?!?!?
Heather
Apr 25, 2014 added it
Shelves: lendable
rummage sale find
Julia Nashif
To enjoy this book's potential, you should probably be a kid who lives by a forest. Not me. This was still fun though, and I did enjoy some of the training.
Ella Bianchi
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun book from Keri Smith's that I really enjoyed. I enjoy her books a lot as they're all just for pure fun and are not serious whatsoever.

This is a great book for whenever you're bored or just need something to take up or pass time for whatever the reason may be.
Jess castellanos lobaton
When I first saw this book on a book store, it just caught my entire attention and couldn't leave it behind.. so I bought it. I found it interesting and I made the decision of finish it... little by little.

Well, 10 months later: I have!! :)
I think its a very personal book, that makes you go through different tasks in order to accomplish several goals. Even though its was quite TEDIOUS at times, I'm glad I gave some of my "precious" time to STOP and look around me, appreciate nature, observe, tak
Amy
Sep 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
I randomly found this book while I was at Barnes & Noble and immediately got excited. I thought I had found a unique and fun interactive book. As most people would be I considered skipping to the end of the book and seeing what the surprise was, but instead decided to buy it and do it right. I should have just skipped to the end. The books builds you up for a mystery that isn't there, in the end it just promotes tree hugging and making a fort in the woods. Sure I see the goal in maybe tryng ...more
Emma Bradbury
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think keri smiths books are amazing! from wreck this journal to the imaginary world of ______. I love these sort of things and I love writing and making up things, these books keep me occupied and quite for ages. I particularly like this one because it gets you thinking doing the codes and researching different words.
Deborah Blanchard
This book is a very cute way of using your creative mind. I feel it would be of good use in a creative writing classroom. While I found it to be a little too cute for me, others may enjoy it. I gave it 3 stars because it does have some redeeming qualities, just not my cup of tea. I received this book through Goodreads Early Reviewers to give an honest review. That I did.
Marina Sinelnikova
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting idea, and interesting that there is apparently a need for such ideas at present.
... can we only have creativity childhood-style? Or maybe those who can be creative without needing games just do not need such books...
Marsh Mallow
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's really a cool book. When I first saw it, I was like 'what's that?'. I am an adventurous person and I think that's the reason why I liked it. Though I haven't finished it yet, I recommend this book to those who want to have an adventure, specifically solving cases.
Bailey
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not nearly as good as Wreck This Journal
Silvia
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El libro que te da las instrucciones para ser un gran detective y descubrir muchas cosas
Julie Rylie
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
it would be unfair to write a review on this book because this type of books are - really - not for me but for someone that actually enjoys scrapbooks I think it is actually well done.
Lisa
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of how she makes these books, with all these ideas and things to do in them. Not my favourite, but definitely amazing
Dolores
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Pensé que era diferente. Me aburrió... me quedo con Wreck this journal (aunque sean dos libros bien diferentes).
Claire
I am a fan of Keri Smith- love these interactive books. Each page has a new and intriguing task for the 'reader' - definitely redefines the idea of 'book' or 'journal'.
  • Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists
  • List Your Self: Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery
  • The Happy Book: A Journal to Celebrate What Makes You Happy
  • All about Us
  • I Was Here: A Travel Journal for the Curious Minded
  • 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!
  • One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
  • Take a Line for a Walk: A Creativity Journal
  • What I Wore Today
  • Boyology: A Teen Girl's Crash Course in All Things Boy
  • 642 Things to Write About
  • Let's Make Some Great Art
  • Everything Is Going to Be OK
  • To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us
  • 11,002 Things to Be Miserable About: The Satirical Not-So-Happy Book
  • Journal Bliss: Creative Prompts to Unleash Your Inner Eccentric
  • The Decorated Journal: Creating Beautifully Expressive Journal Pages
Keri Smith is an author/illustrator turned guerilla artist. She has several bestselling books, including Wreck This Journal, This is Not a Book, How To Be An Explorer of the World, Mess, Finish this Book, and The Wander Society all published by Penguin Books. Read more at her website http://WWW.KERISMITH.COM
More about Keri Smith...