Start by marking “Much of Madness, More of Sin” as Want to Read:
Much of Madness, More of Sin

Much of Madness, More of Sin

BEYOND THE DEPTHS OF MADNESS...

During an annual festival celebrating an ancient god...In a county jail where escape is unlikely...Along downtown avenues where population provides safety...In a nightclub so boisterous, its difficult to hear the person standing next to you...In a bath house in Phoenix, or amidst the towering trees of wilderness. Here madness touches the soul
Published February 17th 2011 by Shadow City Press (first published December 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Much of Madness, More of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Much of Madness, More of Sin

Jeannie Sloan
Talk about a phenomenal collection...Wow!!!
Anyone who had any interest in literary horror about gay or strait men or others should check out this book.
It blew me away.I have been recommending it to everyone I know who can appreciate fine literature in the horror genre.I can't wait to see what he comes out with next.This is an author to watch.
Alex
Aug 29, 2011 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me, single author short story collections are a wonderful way to dive into a writer’s work. A collection offers a multi-faceted look as each story is a different aspect of a writer’s talent. Andrew Wolter’s Much of Madness, More of Sin is just such a collection. The stories explore the good, the bad, and the erotic all against the backdrop of the gay community in Phoenix, Arizona.

Wolter’s work is erotic dark fiction. It is horror. It is gay literature. Call it what you will… it is good. One
J'aime
I have rarely found it to be a good sign when a book opens with an introduction in which the author tries to persuade you to give the book a chance and not make assumptions. That usually has me making assumptions, especially when the author says “Yes, readers can expect graphic scenes of lust. Surely, there are disturbing scenes that may have stomachs churning.” After finishing, I think the introduction was totally unnecessary, perhaps even a hindrance. This book stands on it's own.

This is an a
Gothic Readers Book Club
WINNER OF THE GOTHIC READERS CHOICE AWARD

Andrew Wolter's writing fuses the classic elements of Gothic literature with modern themes from the LGBT community in a very dark, appealing way. This is a short story collection and Wolter delves into the tragedy, power, and intensity of human bonds and human evil. He explores love, passion, hatred, and viciousness much like Ambrose Bierce did over a century before. His characters are well-drawn and he crafts his narratives carefully to keep the suspense
Derickdw
Jul 15, 2011 Derickdw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not normally one to write reviews; but, I'm always reading reviews so I'll had a better chance of choosing a book I'll enjoy. So, I decided I'd start paying it forward and giving my honest opinion on the books I read. Who knows, maybe my review will be the one which helps someone else decide to give, Much of Madness, More of Sin, a chance.

The opening story in this collection, The Feast of Baccus, will grab you and pull you in, with its vivid characters, fast plot, and escalating horror. Whic
Chris Bowsman
Mar 04, 2011 Chris Bowsman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very strange and horrific trip into the land of Lovecraftian, erotic themed stories. Very good collection, not for the squeamish.
Jordan
Jul 13, 2011 Jordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This is Wolter's first collection of short stories and it's an impressive one. He is quite a talent in the horror genre and I'm excited to see what else he brings to the table.
Jeff Erno
Aug 14, 2013 Jeff Erno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This twisted anthology of stories is a delightful combination of practically every taboo, a slap in the face to almost any normal, sane person's sensitivities. But hey, I never claimed to be sane, and I'm certainly not normal.

Though the writing was superb, the editing not so much. And there were multiple point-of-view shifts within scenes which happens to be one of my pet peeves. Still, the scenes were vividly portrayed with rich descriptions, and the creepy, demented characters came to life in
Nikki Fordey
I will give this some credit for being the first gay erotic horror short story collection I've come across. I like glbt fiction and horror so I thought the two together would be worth a shot. There was nothing wrong with the work really, but it did seem like the author thought he was such a bad ass for pushing the envelope unnecessarily. I found the introduction/warning very pretentious and wish he had just let the stories speak for themselves.

I would recommend this book to people who are reall
Elisa Rolle
Aug 09, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2011 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Benjamin Kissell
Benjamin Kissell rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2016
Pia Veleno
Pia Veleno rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2011
Stephanie Johnston
Stephanie Johnston rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2011
Ben Eads
Ben Eads rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2011
Franklin
Franklin rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Terence Brennan
Terence Brennan rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Richard I.
Richard I. rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2011
Naiselv
Naiselv rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it liked it
Derickdw
Derickdw rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2011
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Amanda Lyons
Amanda Lyons marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2011
John Allen
John Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2011
Josef
Josef marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2011
Robert Dunbar
Robert Dunbar marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
Lexi Ander
Lexi Ander marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2011
Heather (DeathByBook)
Heather (DeathByBook) marked it as to-read
May 02, 2011
Valentina
Valentina marked it as to-read
Tiffony
Tiffony marked it as to-read
Mysterium
Mysterium marked it as to-read
TJ
TJ marked it as to-read
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jennifer Defoy
Jennifer Defoy marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jay Mccready
Jay Mccready marked it as to-read
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Amber Griffith
Amber Griffith marked it as to-read
Shannon Baas
Shannon Baas marked it as to-read
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Linda Stuetz
Linda Stuetz marked it as to-read
Margaretann Rice
Margaretann Rice marked it as to-read
Darren Hayes
Darren Hayes marked it as to-read
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2011
Tobyann Aparisi
Tobyann Aparisi marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Debbie Kennedy
Debbie Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2011
Andrew Wolter is the award-winning author of Much of Madness, More of Sin and Nightfall. His short stories have appeared in both online and print publications including Raw: Brutality As Art, Enter at Your Own Risk: Fires and Phantoms, and Anthology: Year One.

In addition to his fiction writing, Andrew has previously freelanced as a contributing columnist to X-Factor Magazine, in which he has over
More about Andrew Wolter...